Qev

Cheerfully-annoying way to reduce banditry and improve co-op

It's pretty simple, too!

Not that I want to get rid of bandits, they add a huge amount of tension (and rage >:() to the game.

BUT, seeing as how the game already has perma-death (which is effectively no penalty to someone who's got mates on the server to ferry his stuff/guard his body), why not make death ALSO be a 2(?) hour ban from the server you died on?

I told you it'd be annoying. :)

So people who die to snipers can't play for 2 hours?

I don't think you thought this thoroughly.

• Like 4

Well actually the idea is not that bad, but it would be to much of a pain in the .... to find a new good server again, but maybe making your own corpse not lootable by yourself, that'd be ok.

LOL, got sniped in Cherno, can't play for 2 hours. Fuck logic.

Also, I prefer to lose all my stuff to get banned 2 hours from the server I like to play.

Edited by guirc
  • Like 3

No that would encourage people to kill others, as they can laugh that their victim is effectively banned for 2 hours. Trolls would troll even more....nonono.

Well, it would be a server ban, not an entire-DayZ-ban. And 2 hours was just a number I pulled out of my butt (ew!). And I did say it would be annoying. :)

I guess for anything like this to be workable, the rampant cheating would need to be stamped out first. Ah well. :)

LOL, got sniped in Cherno, can't play for 2 hours. Fuck logic.

Also, I prefer to lose all my stuff to get banned 2 hours from the server I like to play.

Agreed. I have a server I enjoy playing on regularly, too. It's bad enough I can't play as often as I want when their server goes down, patches are forced out, etc. But to add a temp-ban just for death? Absurd.

... but maybe making your own corpse not lootable by yourself, that'd be ok.

Sounds like an interesting idea, but it wouldn't help in the situations where your buddies are there to scav the good stuff off your body for you...

one answer, why dont you actually go to more interesting topics like bases instead of wasting your IQ in this matter that was never a problem, now go back to your server and i hope for everyones sake that u get killed, banned for 2 hours and killed again when you spawn, so no more dayz for you.

Walkie-talkies in game, that you could use to talk with people in a 2 km radius.

Then you could find friendlys in game with less risk, and team up against bandit snipers,

or just send out warnings if you spot one.

It's pretty simple, too!

Not that I want to get rid of bandits, they add a huge amount of tension (and rage >:() to the game.

BUT, seeing as how the game already has perma-death (which is effectively no penalty to someone who's got mates on the server to ferry his stuff/guard his body), why not make death ALSO be a 2(?) hour ban from the server you died on?

I told you it'd be annoying. :)

Rocket has said PvP and baditry are acceptable playstyles. There is no reason to put a balancing mechanic into the game that punishes a specific playstyle.

This would give hackers the ability to ban people for two hours. No, no, no, no, and no.

Hacking is a security issue, not a gameplay issue. Irrelevant.

I made a similar suggestion in another thread, though I said 12 hours. Another person commented that was too long so I got to thinking, even 5 to 10 minutes out of a server makes the threat of instant retaliation negligible. Make it 30 minutes and although your buddies can still pick you up and restock you, it's quite a wait and a bit of an effort.