guirc

Banditry

First thing, if you expect some raging about banditry, you're wrong

Second thing, please guys, do not start a "rage discussion", or I will need to buy some popcorn, but I am really lazy, so...

Third thing and last thing, if you are going criticize, make a suggestion, or any other comments, please read the intire text and interpret it.

I found this myself as begin not a solution, but, a decision of being a bandit. Banditry by this concept, would be like "Ying- Yang".

I think there should be downsides and upsides.

- Downside: You start to see visions (ghosts 'n shit, dead people, bodies that don't exist), people that aren't there, people you killed, see people as zombies, etc...

- Upside: "Lucid" vision is improved, can hear shots better, can hear heartbeats better and louder, human step is slightly different of the zombie step, reload slightly faster ("requires time with the weapon").

This is directly connected to humanity.

Begin a bandit is not an upgrade, it's a condition.

//discuss

• Like 1

I like it but be ready for the people yelling "It's in alpha! QQ some more!"

Nobody has a problem with banditry, people are upset about noobs spawn camping and server hopping at high density areas.

Nobody has a problem with banditry, people are upset about noobs spawn camping and server hopping at high density areas.

The thing is: People spawn, get a weapons, goes to Cherno, kill people, dies, and then, again. People spawn, get a weapons, goes to Cherno, kill people, dies, and then, again. People spawn, get a weapons, goes to Cherno, etc...

Begin a bandit, shouldn't be easy, should be? Even in a War, you kill enemies, that were trying to kill you, and the same way, soldiers go insane (sometimes only, no insults), even they knowing he was defending himself. Now imagine yourself, killing a innocent, that was looking for beans, and he looked at your eyes (just like a dog asking for help), and you kill him?! Without remorse?! Only if he was a serial killer I think...

Also I already grabbed my popcorn B)

Edited by guirc

Here's my take on how it should be implemented rather, once you start going on a rampage your character begins to talk to himself after every kill kinda like a mad man. If the killing continues he then begins to laugh uncontrollably. He would lose his ability to use high powered weapons which would need precision accuracy due to his laughing fits. He wouldn't be able to distinguish between full auto/semi or burst fire modes. The mode on all his weapons would be full auto.

Here's my take on how it should be implemented rather, once you start going on a rampage your character begins to talk to himself after every kill kinda like a mad man. If the killing continues he then begins to laugh uncontrollably. He would lose his ability to use high powered weapons which would need precision accuracy due to his laughing fits. He wouldn't be able to distinguish between full auto/semi or burst fire modes. The mode on all his weapons would be full auto.

LOL?!

I really like the laugh idea, looks insane, he drops his weapon and start to laugh insanely, I also quite enjoy the idea of the insane player just start to shoot randomly, but full auto... I think not, could you imagine if by a bug or whatever, a Lee Enfield become a full-auto gun ? :huh:

Edited by guirc

I really like the laugh idea, looks insane, he drops his weapon and start to laugh insanely, I also quite enjoy the idea of the insane player just start to shoot randomly, but full auto, I think not, could you imagine if, by a bug or whatever, a Lee Enfield become full-auto? :huh:

My, god, please, use, commas, correctly, please, thanks!

Only spawnkilling should have a negative impact, imho.

They should instead focus on means for players to survive or evade bandit gangs(harder to hit with snipe, harder to spot people in terrain, no zombies spawn at players location only, etc).

Edited by shreddog

I like the idea of visions as a downside, but I'd make them more subtile than ghosts.

Hearing voices whispering, different (scary) ambient music (ok, you could turn it off), sometimes blurry vision for a few seconds (simulating sweat or tears in your eyes).

There shouldn't be any upsides besides the loot of the dead body.

I really like the laugh idea, looks insane, he drops his weapon and start to laugh insanely, I also quite enjoy the idea of the insane player just start to shoot randomly, but full auto... I think not, could you imagine if by a bug or whatever, a Lee Enfield become a full-auto gun ? :huh:

Weapons with different fire modes will be locked on full auto for the duration of his madness.

Ah, forgot to do a decent mention on humanity.

Obviously, the effects would come with time and the kills you have, when you kill someone you won't just have all the "symptoms".