Sign in to follow this  
Sneckz

Quit Playing Alone!

I've been playing DayZ for a little over a week and last night was the first time I grouped up with people off the forums. My advice to any new player is to hook up with some other players and go all-out. Playing alone, DayZ is some sort of horrible survival simulator that leaves you dead from dehydration in 30 minutes. With friends, DayZ is a wonderful mod that simulates what a zombie apocalypse would be like, if you were a heavily armed Navy Seal sniper squad.

• Like 5

lookinf for some UK players to group up with me and my bro. let me know if you're up for it

• Like 1

But I'm antisocial and it's a coin-flip whether or not the person will shoot me as soon as my back is turned.

haha, heavily heavily armed navy seal sniper squad with half a dozen green beret squads that got your back :lol:

But I'm antisocial and it's a coin-flip whether or not the person will shoot me as soon as my back is turned.

find another just like u and 2 man it.. its 1000% better with someone to hang with

• Like 2

It really deppends how manny friends from real life you got playing this game.

As we know words such as ,,trust,, is a foreign thing in the world of DayZ.

But if you are looking for a DayZ random companion (or doing something completly retarded IMO,such as asking for one here in the forum)

It goes down to your own playing style.

Loner or going in a group (can't say teamwork cuz it requires maximum trust)

Loner is more hardcore for me cuz it requires determenation and strong mentality of not getting bored or turning in something that you are not by nature. (turning from survivor into bandit or worse ... a cold blooded killer)

Going as group may get more fun,yes i agree, but ONLY if (like i said) you got real friends playing it.

Otherwise you woud be fooled by another random ,,fake,, friendly player who want to join.

You will team up,you will go together...but eventualy one of you will get a better equipment and other will get jealous filled with the stavation of arming himself with better defence system.

He will shoot you in the head when you least suspect it.

Edited by VaultDweller
  • Like 1

It really deppends how manny friends from real life you got playing this game.

But if you are looking for a DayZ random companion (or doing something completly retarded IMO,such as asking for one here in the forum)

It goes down to your own playing style.

Loner or going in a group (can't say teamwork cuz it requires maximum trust)

Loner is more hardcore for me cuz it requires determenation and strong mentality of not getting bored or turning in something that you are not by nature.

Going as group may get more fun,yes i agree, but ONLY if (like i said) you got real friends playing it.

Otherwise you woud be fooled by another random ,,fake,, friendly player who want to join.

You will team up,you will go together...but eventualy one of you will get a better equipment and other get jelaous or starving for better weapons.

He will shoot you in the head when you least suspect it.

Depends entirely at how you look at the game I think. If your ultimate goal isn't loot but making friends in game to improve your over all experience then giving a little trust will almost always work out. Just be sure you find someone who is on that same wavelength, I'm not out for being the best looter in the game by any means and when I play with people and we stumble upon that crashed heli I'm the guy that doesnt immediately run up and claim the sniper rifle or machine gun. Because of this I usually get a long with people (even people I just met) because they know I'm not a greedy bastard whose just using them for protection to accelerate my progress. I'm in it for survival and friendship, and that can make all the difference in the world. Give a little, and get a lot.

• Like 1

Look at all the threads in this forum asking for someone to play DayZ with and you're bound to find someone who suits you. :)

Look out for me in the servers, I'm usually unarmed, dying of thirst and bleeding but I'll meet up with you if you're on the server provided we've spoken on skype first. I don't kill people and I don't want to mix with bandits. Just players who will shoot if they are shot at and would prefer to escape without anyone being shot. :)

I'm happy for any dayz players to add me on skype. I'm sulalee01 I play in the servers as Sula or Reilly.

Sula x

cant really agree here

playing DayZ at a lonesome is just a great experience.

You cant get this amount of fear, adrenaline and GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE with a cpl of survivors

But besides that, i start to play with others, too. And yes, its very funny. Another kind of fun, but its just great :)

I just want to say, both sides have pros and cons. But i think you need to learn the both of them, to understand what the game tries to show and of course, to be

Playing alone, DayZ is some sort of horrible survival simulator that leaves you dead from dehydration in 30 minutes.

Just how newb is the "you" in question?

• Like 1

I did luck out and hook up with some good guys. Trust was established quickly out of need. It doesn't take much to survive in DayZ, but if you want to THRIVE, you're going to need friends. What I'm really saying is that working in a squad unlocks the true potential of the game. Zombies are not the real threat in DayZ. Once you are working in a squad you can achieve goals beyond simply surviving.

Just how newb is the "you" in question?

I've never actually died of dehydration. Just making a funny.

lookinf for some UK players to group up with me and my bro. let me know if you're up for it

Heyy im new to this game and im from the uk can i join skype: taski165

With friends, DayZ is a wonderful mod that simulates what a zombie apocalypse would be like, if you were a heavily armed Navy Seal sniper squad.

You can also play with friends, but without duping. Just sayin'... ;)

I have yet to die from dehydration or starvation, if you keep moving around and looting I cannot see how you would manage it.

I like playing solo, never died from dehydration. Its all about planning, if you're running low on something then you make it a priority.

I agree though - I found a couple of other guys to team up with and the game is a lot more fun and a lot less tense then before!