Delta Smoke 01

DayZ DEVS DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS NOW!!!

I was the OP to the original linked Topic.

I was asking a question directed to the community for serious discussion (with argument and debate welcome), completely aware that I would be receiving some degree of flaming for it. That was to be expected with the subject matter.

What I ended up reading was a string of insulting, threatening, and completely inappropriate responses that look like it was torn from the dregs of 4Chan.

What started as a community discussion and awareness post ended up being an unexpected litmus test to the abrasiveness of this community. And to be quite honest, the mods should see this as a striking and important cross-section of the content of thiese forums in general.

So in other words, you saw a glimps of radom individuals actions on the internet, and hadn't liked what you'd seen. . .

Welcome to the Internet.

I was the OP to the original linked Topic.

I was asking a question directed to the community for serious discussion (with argument and debate welcome), completely aware that I would be receiving some degree of flaming for it. That was to be expected with the subject matter.

What I ended up reading was a string of insulting, threatening, and completely inappropriate responses that look like it was torn from the dregs of 4Chan.

What started as a community discussion and awareness post ended up being an unexpected litmus test to the abrasiveness of this community. And to be quite honest, the mods should see this as a striking and important cross-section of the content of thiese forums in general.

I'm upset too. I never got my question about 2D sexy traps answered.

• Like 1

So in other words, you saw a glimps of radom individuals actions on the internet, and hadn't liked what you'd seen. . .

Welcome to the Internet.

Hey, I wasn't personally hurt by any of the replies, myself. Let the animals be animals.

If the DayZ Staff are perfectly aware that the forums are a cesspool of the internet and are fine with it, so be it. I'd just like to know what their stance is on this bubbling hate-cauldron.

Hey, I wasn't personally hurt by any of the replies, myself. Let the animals be animals.

If the DayZ Staff are perfectly aware that the forums are a cesspool of the internet and are fine with it, so be it. I'd just like to know what their stance is on this bubbling hate-cauldron.

I'm sure the DayZ Staff has bigger problems to occupy their time. Thanks for playing.

• Like 1

If you actually think about it you will notice that the same people that post on these forums are the people who play the game right now.

This could come to great help when trying to understand the KoS mentality we have going on.

You haven't had a modem very long, have you?

I see. You're insinuating that because I find anonymous insults and homophobia unappealing, I'm somehow "new" to the internet???

Perhaps you're wrong? Perhaps I've comprehensively seen what the veil of anonymity of the internet has to offer and am very well aware? Maybe I've see what harm it can cause and what the results can be to people I know?

You might have seen it all and just become complacent in the desire of the masses to cause misery to others. That doesn't mean I will, as well. That doesn't mean others should.

• Like 2

It is a sad fact that the anonymity of the internet emboldens the antisocial and the abusive and the prejudiced. Whilst I enjoy a bit of forum banter, there is a line and the excuse of 'itz teh interwebz so dealz wiv it' is poor to say the least. I see no difference in levels of social behaviour be they online or offline. Common courtesy seems to be a dying trend.

I've served 22 years (and still going) in the Army so I'm no stranger to harsh language but some of the venemous posts here make me wonder why any of us bother.

• Like 2

I see. You're insinuating that because I find anonymous insults and homophobia unappealing, I'm somehow "new" to the internet???

Perhaps you're wrong? Perhaps I've comprehensively seen what the veil of anonymity of the internet has to offer and am very well aware? Maybe I've see what harm it can cause and what the results can be to people I know?

You might have seen it all and just become complacent in the desire of the masses to cause misery to others. That doesn't mean I will, as well. That doesn't mean others should.

Sick burn.

It is a sad fact that the anonymity of the internet emboldens the antisocial and the abusive and the prejudiced. Whilst I enjoy a bit of forum banter, there is a line and the excuse of 'itz teh interwebz so dealz wiv it' is poor to say the least. I see no difference in levels of social behaviour be they online or offline. Common courtesy seems to be a dying trend.

I've served 22 years (and still going) in the Army so I'm no stranger to harsh language but some of the venemous posts here make me wonder why any of us bother.

Agreed 100%.

It's one thing to just know that harsh language and insults are experiences du jour, online and to go about your day like it's nothing.

It's entirely different to see an entire community of people... of human beings... who are capable of great and awesome things... routinely and utterly fail to maintain the simplest, bare minimum of humanity and decency.

THAT'S the thing that gets me sometimes.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lttcrjiCyD1qht847.gif

Edited by bbilbo1

iz9a2a.jpg

Well, you have every right to fight the good fight then. I was just trying to get word on whether liking 2D boys dressed as girls counted as loving men.

Yet again, a "devs please do this, please fix that, mods please do this, please fix that, cry cry cry" thread.. to add to those 1 million others already spamming the forum.

How dare we "spam" asking the mods to moderate the forums? Seriously? Maybe all the "spam" is an indicator of an existing problem?

Asking someone to do their job and stay vigilant doing so shouldn't be frown upon or considered "crying". Verbal abuse, directed insults, and threats should not be something Moderators should be fine with or hand-wave as a "non-issue" It should be about maintaining bare-minimum standards for the community.

Edited by bbilbo1

Cobra Commander with a public service announcement.

You sir, you look hungry and made me laugh.

Please, have some beans :)

• Like 1

If someone said something like that in the street to my friend who is a homosexual, i would literally knock their teeth down their throat without a moments hesitation.

YEAH!! Internet tough guy claims that he'd do something badass...on an internet forum. Here, have a golf clap.

IDz5e.gif