IRJesoos

Banned from GB #00 for gun hacking

So I was playing on server DayZ - GB #00 (1.7.2.4/95417) [VET][GMT+1] Multiplay :: UK Server - www.ziip.co.uk and I left to play with friends on another server. Joined later and was banned for weapon hacking. Would like to be unbanned as it is my favourite server. :( Any help will be appreciated.

EDIT: Probably important to mention I was never hacking, never have and think people that do are low.

Edited by IRJesoos

was it a global battleeye ban or just a ban on your favourite server?

if it was battleeye you did somehting wrong, if it wasn´t you should talk to the admins of the server. They are not allowed to ban you if they think you are hacking weapons into the game without any evidence.

so long Rudson

was it a global battleeye ban or just a ban on your favourite server?

if it was battleeye you did somehting wrong, if it wasn´t you should talk to the admins of the server. They are not allowed to ban you if they think you are hacking weapons into the game without any evidence.

so long Rudson

It's just a ban on that server. I can play on the others but like I said, it's my favourite server.

The message says:

You were kicked off the game. (BattlEye: Banned (Hacked Gun (IRJesoos)T))

So I guess it was BE but I definately did nothing wrong. I think I had a Lee Enfield after having just spawned. Can people log in with the same user name and cause this, perhaps?

Its a local server ban, not Batteleye Global.

Global would have 4 digits after it, local contains words from either the drop down list or whatever the admin chooses to put in the line (as the above example shows).

Can I appeal against it to get unbanned? Talk to server admin or something? Thanks for replies.

like jskibo said, it is a local ban.Do you have a screenshot or can you make on? The dayzteam is very busy and to be honest you should just look for a new server. Think a bit further, do you really want to play on a server where admins ban players when they feel like it? There are better servers out there.

so long Rudson.

I can take a screenshot. Perhaps I will look for a new one. We just have a lot of stuff on that sever and I don't wanna drag all my friends away from the loot. It's also the lowest ping for me. I shall look around.

Hi IRJesoss,

I'm one of the Admins on the ZiiP server, The log files recorded that you have been using guns that are not in the game (hacked in) on multiple occasions, and were warned and kicked on a previous occasion.

The last hacked gun you were using was the Camo M4 with silencer, Eo-Tech, and under-slung grenade launcher (M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo).

Regards

Tok

• Like 1

Hi IRJesoss,

I'm one of the Admins on the ZiiP server, The log files recorded that you have been using guns that are not in the game (hacked in) on multiple occasions, and were warned and kicked on a previous occasion.

The last hacked gun you were using was the Camo M4 with silencer, Eo-Tech, and under-slung grenade launcher (M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo).

Regards

Tok

Oh snap.

Unless you have evidence of him spawning that gun in, you are not supposed to ban. If players have illegal weapons that were recovered from another players corpse, that is not against the rules. And the devs will deal with it when they purge the hive of illegal weapons, which they have done a few times i have seen already. I myself have found the M4A1 Holo SD which is the gun you are talking about.

I'll go ahead and CP this for you Tokukachi:

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.
- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.
- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting
Failure to adhere to these rules will BAN YOUR SERVER'S IP from DayZ.

Now, it's fine to ban someone if you have absolute proof that they are hacking, and by hacking i mean actually running scripts to do things they should be, like spawning guns/killing players. Carrying a gun that doesnt spawn naturally is NOT an ok reason to ban someone.

Although I am perfectly willing to admit im wrong if some dev or something comes in here and corrects me.

Edited by AsssMonkeee

Hi IRJesoss,

Regards

Tok

how fucked are you lol, if me and mine banned people from our servers for this there would go about 60% of our player base.... with the massive amount of hackers on there are countless amounts of tents loaded to the hilt with weapons and tools and clothes that aren't in the game. also that people have on other forums discovered that if they can get their hands on soldier clothing (not gillie actual solider with a helmet) they can appear invisible to hackers esp at least some of the time, means that there are tonnes of people looting that item from tents also in an attempt to remain safe from wallhacks and rightly so too, if the devs took those out there would be tonnes of people suddenly visible to hackers again. no thanks, i know i have soldier clothes on, found em in a tent, been able to sneak up on allot of people i know were wallhacking since. if anything they should replace the glitchy gillies with these.

Allow me to jump in. Also as admin.

We are quite happy to discuss IRJeesos sitiuation and remove ban if we here more from him. But we decided for the good of the people playing our server to put some actions in place.

If someone has a weapon they are not supposed to they get a warning, and kick so they can realise they shouldnt have it. If they continue to ignore that then the ban is put in place. Most genuine people will take the action as I suspect IRJeesos has done here and then we can talk about it in a civil manner. It is a local ban and just means we can try and combat some of the weapons in the game and let people know to try and not use them. Maybe its a fruitless task but its what we have adopted for now, and hey we may change as we go along.

We fully understand the nature of coming across these weapons and limitiation of the current alpha status of the mod as it develops. But we want to ensure that our server remains as true to the way the game is developed as possible and fair as far as items being utlised.

Hey Admins.

Just saw your replies and I can guarantee I have not hacked any guns into the game. I play the game on my laptop and PC on the same network. Can you check the log for IP addresses to see if there is any differences.

I did have a silenced holographic M4A1 that my group found in a loaded Ural Civilian however. Didn't think that was hacked into the game. As for the other weapons, you won't find any evidence that I hacked them into the game because, quite simply I'm not a moron and I don't hack/ruin a game. As I said earlier, is there any chance people can log in with the same user name and be banned?

Oh, also I've never received a kick for anything before other than occasional high ping.

Everything is recorded by your GUID. And not to do with the your username. So if someone came in with your username the GUID would be different.

We have discussed this and agree that we can lift the ban. If you do come across something thats not supposed to be in game best to leave it. There is an m4 silenced in the game but not with the underslung grenade. Other common annoying hacked weapon is the as50 with thermal scope. We do keep an eye for that.

We appreciate the fact that you took the time to respond, goes along way to show that you are playing fair and may have just stumbled across something that shouldnt be in the game left over by a real hacker. Of course it goes without saying we check the logs regularly.

But on another note, feel free to join our forum and join in any banter about the game. Maybe we can find out where your hidden beans are and go steal em from you :-)

Il remove the ban shortly.

• Like 1

Thanks,

Everything is recorded by your GUID. And not to do with the your username. So if someone came in with your username the GUID would be different.

We have discussed this and agree that we can lift the ban. If you do come across something thats not supposed to be in game best to leave it. There is an m4 silenced in the game but not with the underslung grenade. Other common annoying hacked weapon is the as50 with thermal scope. We do keep an eye for that.

We appreciate the fact that you took the time to respond, goes along way to show that you are playing fair and may have just stumbled across something that shouldnt be in the game left over by a real hacker. Of course it goes without saying we check the logs regularly.

But on another note, feel free to join our forum and join in any banter about the game. Maybe we can find out where your hidden beans are and go steal em from you :-)

Il remove the ban shortly.

I must admit, having the gun felt like over kill and I was wondering why I couldn't find it on the wiki. I got over 200 Zed kills with it but never used the grenade launcher on it. Dropped it on the floor and it disappeared. If I can just find another without the launcher, I'll be happy.

Thanks for resolving this for me. I shall join your forum since I frequent the server. Send me a link please and I'll see you in game! my beans to you.

Allow me to jump in. Also as admin.

We are quite happy to discuss IRJeesos sitiuation and remove ban if we here more from him. But we decided for the good of the people playing our server to put some actions in place.

If someone has a weapon they are not supposed to they get a warning, and kick so they can realise they shouldnt have it. If they continue to ignore that then the ban is put in place. Most genuine people will take the action as I suspect IRJeesos has done here and then we can talk about it in a civil manner. It is a local ban and just means we can try and combat some of the weapons in the game and let people know to try and not use them. Maybe its a fruitless task but its what we have adopted for now, and hey we may change as we go along.

We fully understand the nature of coming across these weapons and limitiation of the current alpha status of the mod as it develops. But we want to ensure that our server remains as true to the way the game is developed as possible and fair as far as items being utlised.

still a retarded notion mate, sounds liek you are just jealous they have better loot in which case is pretty sad and pathetic, you keep what you kill, its not up to you to demand what people have in game, if rocket wants those "non legit" guns gone he will purge them himself, get over yourself.

• Like 3

Well, ain't this just a big bag of cuddles...

Feels good doesn't it! Bit of deviation from calling people scum with global bans.

• Like 1

still a retarded notion mate, sounds liek you are just jealous they have better loot in which case is pretty sad and pathetic, you keep what you kill, its not up to you to demand what people have in game, if rocket wants those "non legit" guns gone he will purge them himself, get over yourself.

I had to give you my beans. I have not laughed so much at a post in a long time. I feel sorry for the 40% of players on your server that like to play fair but are being unfairly disadvantaged by the no doubt masses of as50 thermal scope farmers you and the other 60% of your server are running.

You really gleam from a post about an admin policy that I or we would be jealous of some players loot? And you call our notion retarded?

It is up to the admin and the community as a whole to keep things running as the game is designed. As Rocket and the devs have clearly stated that stopping hackers are not their priority or interest. By your argument then its ok for hackers to use radars, spawn whatever vehicle they like when they want becuase if Rocket didnt want that he would stop it.

I really hate having had to actually reply to this waste of space. So feel free to get the last word in as I will not be bothering with your silly notions again.

Think you just need to stick to running your server your way and we will deal with ours ourway.

Edited by scottyboy
  • Like 7

I had to give you my beans. I have not laughed so much at a post in a long time. I feel sorry for the 40% of players on your server that like to play fair but are being unfairly disadvantaged by the no doubt masses of as50 thermal scope farmers you and the other 60% of your server are running.

You really gleam from a post about an admin policy that I or we would be jealous of some players loot? And you call our notion retarded?

It is up to the admin and the community as a whole to keep things running as the game is designed. As Rocket and the devs have clearly stated that stopping hackers are not their priority or interest. By your argument then its ok for hackers to use radars, spawn whatever vehicle they like when they want becuase if Rocket didnt want that he would stop it.

I really hate having had to actually reply to this waste of space. So feel free to get the last word in as I will not be bothering with your silly notions again.

Think you just need to stick to running your server your way and we will deal with ours ourway.

hmmmm way to totally mis-comprehend someone... but good for you im sure comprehension exercises from a grade 5 workbook ought to help you gather an understanding of conversation and how different words work when put together. I certainly said nothing about us farming as50 thermals to begin with. secondly, if i kill someone and they have an item that i want i will use it regardless of its origin, so long as im not hacking it in and exploiting myself there is nothing unfair about that, if anything the fact that i can kill someone with one of these with an enfield is more than enough proof that the weapon they chose was not overpowered or an unfair advantage.

peace

So by that reasoning if rocket wanted hacking out of the game he would do something about it?

hmmmm way to totally mis-comprehend someone... but good for you im sure comprehension exercises from a grade 5 workbook ought to help you gather an understanding of conversation and how different words work when put together. I certainly said nothing about us farming as50 thermals to begin with. secondly, if i kill someone and they have an item that i want i will use it regardless of its origin, so long as im not hacking it in and exploiting myself there is nothing unfair about that, if anything the fact that i can kill someone with one of these with an enfield is more than enough proof that the weapon they chose was not overpowered or an unfair advantage.

peace

If the weapon is not supposed to be in the game, and you know that and willingly use it, you are nothing but an exploiter and deserve to be banned.

peace

Sorry, I have nothing to do with this at all, but...

Bitch, *smack* please... <_<

• Like 3

It's against the rules to hack in guns/items/cars and such, as well as warning/banning people who have those weapons UNLESS they hack it in themselves. Yes it's a loophole of "I didn't hack it in so it's okay for me to use it" but i have no clue what weapons are or are not suppose to be in the game so if i get warned that im using one.... cool, if i get banned because i end up finding a different weapon that's not allowed... well kind of screwed up that admins are banning people who are NOT cheating.

Mind you, like i said someone could just kill their friends who hack in items and say "Oh look i found it don't ban me!!"

Some screwed up logic in this thread tbh. Saying "if rocket wanted rid of them he would purge the hive" is utterly flawed, if rocket wanted then IN, they would be in from the start!.

If your using a scripted in weapon after you have been made aware of it being scripted then your cheating. If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem.

Just keep telling yourself you've done nothing wrong.

• Like 1