Sign in to follow this  
Typhoon (DayZ)

A possible fix to "thunderdome" like behavior

So the only hack I've seen so far that really bothers me is the "Thunderdome" hack which I'm sure most of us have encountered. While sure the aimbotters and the vehicle spawners are annoying, I do not believe they detriment this game as much as the global bloodbath.

So my idea is:

Implement something into the code that FORCES an instant server reset once x number of players are transported to a similar location.

Not sure if it's possible, and I'm sure preventing hackers is much harder than making a post on the forums, but throwing the idea out there.

That wouldn't do anything, characters are kept in the global database, so even if the server would restart you would still spawn at the airfield, and well use your imagination to fill in what comes next when the entire server spawns there, even if the thunderdome script is no longer active

That wouldn't do anything, characters are kept in the global database, so even if the server would restart you would still spawn at the airfield, and well use your imagination to fill in what comes next when the entire server spawns there, even if the thunderdome script is no longer active

Not unless the server restarted before the new locations of the players were saved. It usually takes a few seconds for most servers to save your character and items.

@Villa Teleporting is probably part of the Arma 2 code, doubt it would be possible to disable it forever.

Edited by Typhoon

Had a new one last night. Got TP'ed to the Airfield, but we all spawned like 100m in the air... it was literally raining survivors.

Not unless the server restarted before the new locations of the players were saved. It usually takes a few seconds for most servers to save your character and items.

@Villa Teleporting is probably part of the Arma 2 code, doubt it would be possible to disable it forever.

Normally it would but with a command like that it immediatly saves, and by the time the server realises that it has to restart, it's already to late

The server restart idea isn't bad. Hopefully those who got teleported would realize that they shouldn't go back to the server that was just hacked on. If they were smart enough to realize that, they'd just switch servers.