Sign in to follow this  
PieceOfDust

The Iron Bandit

So, I was dealing with my insomnia last night when I came up with an idea for bored bandits:

The Iron Bandit challenge.

I've made a quick look around the forums and I haven't seen this particular challenge/game. If someone has come up with the idea before me, though, just have a mod delete the thread.

RULES:

1. You may not scavenge for items; the only exceptions to this are larger backpacks (explained below).

2. You may only use the starting items and items that you take from killing other players; you may, however, use them in any way you wish (i.e. you can fill up canteens at lakes).

3. When you kill another player, you MUST drop EVERYTHING you have (except for your backpack itself) and take everything you can off of the player.

3a. If you kill a group of players, you may randomly choose one of their bodies to loot. You may not "peek" or "pick and choose" the items from among the group.

4. If you are forced away from your kill by zombies or other players, you may make a tactical retreat; however, eventually you MUST return to take your victim's items. If the body has been looted in the meantime, that's what you get for running away.

5. There are NO other rules or requirements; you may do/not do whatever you wish as long as you obey 1-4.

The reason that larger backpacks are allowed is because some other players, be they survivors or bandits, have larger packs themselves.

Give me your thoughts on this, even if they sound something like "this sucks."

So basically, you must survive by killing others since you can't scavenge food by yourself ( i guess hunting animals is forbidden ...? ), and since getting food mean dropping all of your equipement for two can of beans, you're either undergeared or starving.

I don't really like that challenge. I don't like the whole dropping your gear thing. It would also be annoying as hell to click each items and then click drop everytime you loot someone.

It really needs polishing if you want the Iron Bandit to be a GREAT idea.

I'd agree, the simple step of it being you cannot pick up anything, unless it was a player you killed - is a good enough challenge, since to get a better weapon you must find and kill somebody with said weapon. I don't think the additional rules add anything to the idea.