Ribano

DayZ struggling?

Either way the Dayz mod really got me to look at the ARMA game itself. Coming from a background of twitch shooters like COD and BF3 and can honestly say that ARMA 3 will definately be a must buy on my list. Dayz mod or not.

Truth spoken. IF DayZ dies out for any number of reasons - at least the playerbase of arma will be enlarged for the release of arma 3 which is going to kick ass in itself. Many would never have considered it, were it not for experiencing the vastness and realism in dayz. They were pre-programmed by PC GAMER or whatever to think thats hardcore, thats not the popular thing to do, or whatever. Dayz presented a popular avenue for the engine. So its good all round.

However, often Rocket speaks about the value of the data we as players are generating. What is this data going to actually show? Its going to show ppl like to kill ppl and they disconnect when its hard. so the game needs to be easier. its going to show ppl congregate around cherno and elektro, which means a "standalone" or WarZ etc would need to be a much smaller map.. The data will show which weapons are most used - leading to unrealistic stats for weapons generally (already done tnx)

And in following through on this data they will produce an unrealistic corridor shooter with retarded zeds... which everyone will actually buy due to the hype. But they wont get the sequel, because it will be shite and nothing like Dayz

• Like 2

its a sad state of affairs when you give beans to people for actually making a constructive post but hey ho!

i agree with you there opeth. DayZ with all its floors has 1. made a lot of money for Arma and 2. made me want to buy Arma 3 dayZ or not.

i used to play CoD aswell and now when i play i just get annoyed with the lack of tactical awareness and lack of recoil etc etc. so its changed my opinion of what makes a good gun game

• Like 1

DayZ has outgrown itself. It's too big for it's MOD britches. It needs to start wearing its Big Boy pants.

edit: 1 too many '

Edited by EliJRn

Endgame? PvE?

This is a freaking PvP FPS people. That's all and that's it. You can play it coop against others or you can play it solo against others.

Just because it saves your character and inventory doesn't make this some kind of MMORPGFPS.

This is Counterstrike with zombies and persistent inventory. That's it. That's why this game is awesome.

Endgame? PvE?

This is a freaking PvP FPS people. That's all and that's it. You can play it coop against others or you can play it solo against others.

Just because it saves your character and inventory doesn't make this some kind of MMORPGFPS.

This is Counterstrike with zombies and persistent inventory. That's it. That's why this game is awesome.

if you listen to rocket i'm pretty sure that is not what he wants the game to be. the fact its being played like that now is part of the problem i'm talking about

• Like 1

We just hit 900k unique users.

For a mod... thats not exactly struggling.

Can anyone confirm if this is greater than the unique Counter Strike users before going standalone back in the day ?

ill stick with dayz because I hate WarZ`s attitude of "Wow, this is popular, lets totally plagiarise that and capitalize on this". It's sickening

IGN - "At peak hours the mod sees over 20,000 concurrent players, with 10,000 during off-peak hours and over 100,000 players every day. That's a pretty amazing growth for just over three months of an alpha release. Counting more and more players each day."

So what the fuck are you guys talking about? What the fuck is everyone talking about lately?

I see the forum spammed with threads like "DayZ is going down" or "What makes DayZ die soon" or "Bye DayZ, I'm leaving" ... Are you guys suffering from a rare disease called "brain melting"?

Just because YOU suck at this game, just because YOU can't understand it is an ALPHA VERSION where bugs and problems are expected to be consistent, so they can be fixed... that doesn't make it DIE or FAIL.

YOU are failing at this game then you come here frustrated and full of anger complaining about something that brought over 800K of players in just 2 months to play it.

Please just get lost, for the sake of everyone here. Go buy COD BO2 where you have thermal scoped guns seeing through walls, where you launch grenades out of an device attached to your arm like fucking Mega Man, where you argue with squealing 2 year olds. Please leave and go play this instead, when this sucks so much for you.

Jesus!

Edited by `CaRnAgE..

if you listen to rocket i'm pretty sure that is not what he wants the game to be. the fact its being played like that now is part of the problem i'm talking about

If you weren't meant to kill other players, why would it even be multiplayer? That's the whole point. You gear up, you scavenge, you survive, you kill people along the way. You team up with others. That's the game in a nutshell right there.

Oh, this thread again

Oh, this response again.

Edited by opeth
  • Like 1

over 900k unique users and its dying? lmao, joke was funny gotta give it to ya.

The game is fantastic, it is in alpha and im still hooked on it. Yes i have died many times from 2 feet falls, a door openign in my face and more silly things. These kinds of things are expected in early alpha's.

I hope this thread was a joke and you are not serious lol.

Edited by kozzy

Oh, this response again.

ZING!

But...seriously....

There are so many threads yelling "OMYGAWD DAYZ WILL BE DEAD IN T MINUS X", yet the number of unique players just keeps on rising

When I checked 2 weeks ago we had german servers labeled DE 1 to about 150

Now 2 weeks later we suddenly have 4-digit server labels going up to about 1150

Oh boy, if this continues DayZ will be dead very soon....absolutely!

is it really any suprise that there is rampant banditry/pvp in the game when that is what the engine is designed for? and then even if PvE does work really well eventually, will the habits of the 500,000 people that have been playing thus far be able to change?

Implying that there is a "HABIT" that people need to follow

It's a sandbox for fucks sake, people do what they want, not what you want

Edited by Hawk24
  • Like 1

If you weren't meant to kill other players, why would it even be multiplayer? That's the whole point. You gear up, you scavenge, you survive, you kill people along the way. You team up with others. That's the game in a nutshell right there.

nono you are meant to kill each other, there should be PvP i completely agree. but the other poster saying it is just PvP and that is all there is to it, that is not what rocket is saying. he wants base building etc. so within the point of this whole thread (which is entirely objective and not about crying or not enjoying the game) is whether day z is struggling in regards to, engine limitations. and also with the fact that it has so many players that regard the game as PvP only which is not (according to its developer) what its supposed to soley be

So what the fuck are you guys talking about? What the fuck is everyone talking about lately?

I see the forum spammed with threads like "DayZ is going down" or "What makes DayZ die soon" or "Bye DayZ, I'm leaving" ... Are you guys suffering from a rare disease called "brain melting"?

Just because YOU suck at this game, just because YOU can't understand it is an ALPHA VERSION where bugs and problems are expected to be consistent, so they can be fixed... that doesn't make it DIE or FAIL.

YOU are failing at this game then you come here frustrated and full of anger complaining about something that brought over 800K of players in just 2 months to play it.

Please just get lost, for the sake of everyone here. Go buy COD BO2 where you have thermal scoped guns seeing through walls, where you launch grenades out of an device attached to your arm like fucking Mega Man, where you argue with squealing 2 year olds. Please leave and go play this instead, when this sucks so much for you.

Jesus!

and you can just fuck off. instead of spending your time playing with font colours and talking about the exact same shit every other fanboy here regurgitates every 5 seconds why don't you read the posts before hand, realise this thread has nothing to do with failing at the game or anger. and everything to do with looking at the current issues and limitations the game has. which every game has

"Implying that there is a "HABIT" that people need to follow

It's a sandbox for fucks sake, people do what they want, not what you

i don't care what people do or do not to. i'm just trying to look at it from an objective point of view, where the game is currently to where rocket says he wants

We just hit 900k unique users.

For a mod... thats not exactly struggling.

This fanboyish quote never helped any game. Look at star wars TOR. It wasn't exactly struggling as well when it first started and now it's free 2 play because they lost the majority of their player base. I'm just saying that people like you with no foresight whatsoever are not very helpful. OP got a point and just pointing out how many people are currently active is not going to change that he's got a good point.

ofcourse its strugling, it isnt even about survival anymore... lol

well it is. in terms of survival against other players. but the environment has become non existant. except for the fact you have to run for a while to get back to the PvP.

rocket needs to release a patch which makes pve much more immersing. or release server files that allow people to spawn in cherno with a pistol and duke it out haha