Sign in to follow this  
Nariquo (DayZ)

tent bug

one question is there still a tent bug.. we filled yesteryday 5 tents and today they are empty..

of course there could hav ebeen someomen who stole the things but i dont think that there was someone because the cars are still there. so is there a bug?

Man, I just filled my tent with loads of rare guns, saved it several times, but then comes the server restart - and bam! - all the stuff is gone.

That fucking pisses me off.

• Like 1

Happens all the time, I can't figure out a pattern to it too, it just seems to randomly decide that today your stuff is going to go.

If you take car a fill up a car, leave it in the car for a while before putting it in a tent, it seems like too many changes fuck it up.

Last night a buddy and I had just filled up 2 tents, saved then started heading to our next location when the server was restarted. When we rejoined, our tents were empty :(

Spent 4 hours filling them back up, but we found/fixed a truck in the process :)

See my bug report thread on this issue here: http://dayzmod.com/f...ing-items-1715/ been happening for awhile. This last patch was suppose to fix the issue (supposedly over a million tents now and the database is having issues with that, I guess they didn't plan ahead for it) but that was SUPPOSE to be fixed come 1.7.2.4 but it hasn't been fixed and the bug is still randomly affecting tents.

I've found this method out - it's lengthy but is a good way to make sure you don't lose anything you want to keep:

• Pitch a tent
  • Put something useless in it bandage what be it save tent 2-3 times to be sure
  • Wait for server restart
  • If tent is empty on server restart try another item YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT LOSING save tent 2-3 times - BUT if tent is NOT empty after server restart try adding another item YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT LOSING and save 2-3 times, sometimes tents bug out and will only keep what was first saved in them. Follow steps below.
  • Wait for server restart
  • If tent keeps item(s) you're good to put things in and save now - other wise tent is bugged and will not work.

Lengthy process, yes but the only way I've found to make sure a tent is "stable". I have been lucky with vehicle storage so far though and I am starting to rely on it more than I am tents but since vehicles are prime targets it's a risk.

Edited by kicktd

Man, I just filled my tent with loads of rare guns, saved it several times, but then comes the server restart - and bam! - all the stuff is gone.

That fucking pisses me off.

Alpha my dear :*

Tents need to "cure." Place a tent and wait for a server restart. It seems only then can you add items and save the tent.

Oddly enough yesterday i found a set of 5 tents and a set of 2 tents. Both of which I emptied out and ran off with anything I needed. Which was a box of fucking matches. Seriously I spent 4 hours trying to find one of those.