joppus (DayZ)

Chance of multiple items of same type spawning in the same building?

Hi

The other night when I was playing, I first came across this house which had like 10 (!?) crowbars in it, and the next thing I entered this supermarket, which contained like 7 Czech Packpacks. I mean, whats the probability of that happening? Thought the item spawn was supposed to be a little more random?

Anyone else came across this kind of weirdness? :o

Edited by joppus

Usually this is -not- your spawned loot.

Crowbars hatchets and czech packs arent exactly top tier items now are they? Meaning that a person leaves them behind and takes all the good stuff. New person comes along finds the old loot + any new loot that might have spawned on empty loot spawns. Takes all the good stuff again...

Imagine this happens 100 times in the life of a building before a server restart. What do you think will end up in the building before the server restart? :D

• Like 2

Usually this is -not- your spawned loot.

Crowbars hatchets and czech packs arent exactly top tier items now are they? Meaning that a person leaves them behind and takes all the good stuff. New person comes along finds the old loot + any new loot that might have spawned on empty loot spawns. Takes all the good stuff again...

Imagine this happens 100 times in the life of a building before a server restart. What do you think will end up in the building before the server restart? :D

Haha yeah I know, just got confused when I didnt find any loot except crowbars and backpacks haha, very useful indeed..

Kinda fun tho, maybe you could start an medieval army of axe-warriors.. :thumbsup:

Two Ghillie suits in one building?

6 nightvisions at a helo crash site?

Never seen that happening, but yes, I got two ghillie suits just in one building down in cherno... and yesterday in stary sobor, I found in one building one ghilie and one camo suit

Wow thats awesome haha, found my first NV at a crash site yesterday, so time for some nightops now B)

In what type of buildings do you usually find ghillie suits etc?

Edited by joppus

Joppus: Found two ghillie suits in the residential building, which looks like restaurant/pub in Cherno, close to church. then another one found in one of the residential buildings in Novy Sobor

Searching the mart, big house, smaller house and school in Electro (the ones all close to each other) I found in sum 11 crowbars. It's bound to happen at some point, and as core mentioned they are definitely low on the totem pole.