Sign in to follow this  
8bitplaya

Hope is the beginning of disapointment

Yesterday I died, I was in a bad situation and made terrible decisions and died, but that is not the point, only the catalyst.

I logged on this morning and went about my work. I collected my tools, my map, my compass etc, an AK-74, and one frag grenade.

I left Cherno and ran my ass straight to the SW Barracks at the NW airfield.

It was like destiny, as soon as I arrive I tear open the door and side step to avoid camper fire and what do I see, A survivor! He ducks in the first door after the shower, he knew I was there.

Using 3rd person mode I take anther peak and all I can see is the camo silencer of an M4A1 CCO SD poking out of the shower doorway... There were two of them and they were geared!

I stood there thinking about my options, realizing that they were just waiting for me to come in so they could end my life with their fancy silenced weapons.

I press F and choose a frag grenade...

I killed them both.

They had two M4A1 CCO SD rifles, two 24 slot coyote rucks, all the tools you could ever weant, one 240 bravo with 100 rounds, and about 14 clips of STANAG SD...

The looting was feverish, I knew I was going to die at any moment, somebody was going to sneak up on me and ruin the moment, I knew, but it never happened...

I left, laid down, and then quit the server...

I logged back in, and I was on the beach, with the starter gear, as if the whole thing never happened. Because of the patch, the server will not save my character.

So bitter... and the thought is made moreso when I consider that those two guys may have died and logged back in with everything they had before I frag'd them both.

*sigh* :dodgy: Alpha

RE: Hope is the beginning of disapointment

(Today 10:52 PM)Dallas Wrote: Why you quit the server like a chicken, when you just had gotten all that imba gear is beyond me.

I didn't just quit, I LEFT, when I got where I was going I LAID DOWN, then aborted, went and to go get breakfast, smoked a cigarette, logged back in, and wasn't saved.

Thanks for your retarded comment though

Why you quit the server like a chicken, when you just had gotten all that imba gear is beyond me.

Why you quit the server like a chicken' date=' when you just had gotten all that imba gear is beyond me.

[/quote']

I didn't just quit, I LEFT, when I got where I was going I LAID DOWN, then aborted, went and to go get breakfast, smoked a cigarette, logged back in, and wasn't saved.

Thanks for your retarded comment though

Sucks but you'll get over it. The most satisfying feeling in the game by far has been fragging players with grenades. You just can't get over the rush of beating the retarded throw aiming system of Arma II and not just getting one player but multiple players with a single grenade.

Oh I'm cool man, this mod is so much fun that after the initial sting, regearing and heading off to start over is cool. Besides it doesn't really take that long to get half decent gear again, and you learn from your mistakes.

It stung cause I have been looking for those weapons since I started playing, I really wanted to give the silenced weapons a go BUT

No glitch can take that frag kill away from me :D

It stung cause I have been looking for those weapons since I started playing' date=' I really wanted to give the silenced weapons a go BUT

[/quote']

Yup, I know the feeling. I got an M4SD one point and lost it almost immediately after. Granted it wasn't a glitch, but me being a dumbass. One zombie hit me and I bled to death because I didn't remember to restock bandages. My first true YASD.

No glitch can take that frag kill away from me :D

So true.

When I got my first GPS I died because I had got clipped by a zombie but didn't notice the blood loss. I was playing in 3rd person mode, at one point I stop to zoom in and scan an area and I was shaking, so I tried to use painkillers but there was no option. I was like, wtf? I look over at my blood meter and its flashing red, OH SHIT, so I start to bandage and look up at my blood and its at 40 :(

I had some other good loot too, I wonder who found that body.