Sign in to follow this  
DesertEagle (DayZ)

New Location - Aircraft carrier

Here is my suggestion - create an Aircraft carrier far in the sea.

Here is some pics http://imageshack.us/gal.php?id=q5WkxN3gx57oxaeTnKWWoauYppifp5idqZujzdvalQ

It has a lot of inner space, varios levels, connected by ladders and so on.

It can an "elite" location, as it can be reached only with heli (or boat, with additional scripting). Even if zombies can`t walk there, organized groups of players will be fighting for it.

It would be a cool thing to strive towards. But I definitely think it should be crawling with zombies.

Would be neat to go to, but it seems like if a group of survivors manage to get there with a large enough force, no one will be able to get to it.

The incoming boat or helicopter would just be gunned down instantly thus the occupants losing everything.

Which is why having a large number of zombies present is important. They open fire to attack incoming survivors, they aggro a nearly undefeatable number of zombies.

Here is my suggestion - create an Aircraft carrier far in the sea.

mwahahahahaha. hahahaha. really?

there is one. this carier is a part of chernorussia map/island by default.

the_more_you_know2.jpg

sorry' date=' could not resist to put it.

[s']play arma a bit or play around in mission editor.

*rant* these newcomers! *rant*

(facepalm) Maybe you try to open mission editor 1 time at least, newbie? Aircraft carrier is a part of Utes island by default, not Chernorussia. I think you should buy some brains.

this is so far the best joke i ever heard. brb making a screenshot.

whoops, i probably should. after playing carrier domi for long time i was expecting thats a part of map. my bad.

You can place it in the 3D editor I'm pretty sure.

would be nice, as long as they add the An-2 and maybe increase the amount of boats/heli by a very little bit.

also the one that's in game is in Utes, not Cherna

I would love this idea if 3 factors were taken into account.

1. Have the location of the carrier be randomized in the same way as crashed helis. Not only would this make it harder to find, but you would have to weigh the risk or either finding it or running out of gas in the ocean.

2. Have the carrier spawn far enough off shore that only a well coordinated group with access to a chopper or boat can even hope of getting to it.

3. Have an appropriate number of zombies on-board. The risk/reward should be much higher than going to an airfield.

This is a great idea.

It would have no military on board, just military zombies and good loot.

It should also have a damaged UH1-Y.

The object is available in the game and the devs would have absolutely no problem placing it as an object in the sea.

Nice suggestion, simple, adds content, requires no time to implement by the devs.

If we have constantly spawning zombies onboard, then that would limit player's freedom especially given the possible labyrinth that players would face. Both ships and choppers have methods of attacking, and thus could clear anybody camping the carrier as well, so you don't need a way of stopping players on the ship from attacking incoming players. The idea of this sort of thing is to make the carrier simply a hotspot to be highly contested, with the inherent danger being that you need some way of carrying friends/clan members to and from shore. Therefore, what I think is the best way to balance it is to have the carrier 500-1000m from the shore, so that it is within sight. Therefore the rewards from visiting it or making base is high, however getting to/from the carrier also carries great risk.

Regarding the "random position" aspect, I think it would be best for a static position. Think of what would happen if someone logged out on a carrier, and logged into another server only to be dropped to the ocean :x

500 - 1000m would be well within range of the big rifles, and would put anyone on overwatch (on the boat) at a crazy disadvantage... Maybe 1km to 1500m - still in good range for a 50cal, but crosswinds over water would kick in and make for a tough shot?

Great idea. I agree that there should be zombies on board as well as good loot. +1