DarkRaven123

Hackers - What you need to know.

I've quit the game pretty much due to hackers, I can't play without dying to them or having my enjoyment ruined. It's ridiculous.

Indeed.

The release of the new and improved Battleye features might stem some of them, apparently it's been pretty good this week.

Bump.

Don't think i'm going to update this any further, I simply have lost interest in this game - And the forums, as most people seem to have an extra chromosome.

Well that is true, I won't fight that accusation - Its what happens when you know so much more than the average Joe about a subject I suppose.

Well that is true, I won't fight that accusation - Its what happens when you know so much more than the average Joe about a subject I suppose.

And when you know you're simply better than everyone.

-MONSTER

And when you know you're simply better than everyone.

-MONSTER

Indeed. But thats not to hard on forums in general - But especially this one.

Eh, its the interwebs, who cares.

If I want to be an elitist asshole I can be.

I suppose in a twisted way thats the point of the web.

But then again, boobies.

Good information, could you add to your post that by keeping your back to any wall disables the ability of a hacker to teleport behind you, they will glicth in the wall and can even break their legs when invincible doing this, they will likely teleport away and heal but it distracts them for a few seconds.

If you hear footsteps behind you while having your back to a wall where you know you cannot enter (an unenterable building for example)

Then abort straight away

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

"That is why Battleye is here. It picks up on any "illegal" scripts being executed, the ones that don't match what is meant to be run according to the server.

There is basically a whitelist of scripts that are allowed to run, and anything else results in a kick, or even a global ban."

afaik: wrong?? BattlEye is NOT designed to check scripts. BattlEye is supposed to care about:

- aimbots

- wallhacks

- maphacks

- server/client communication

- speedhacks/teleporting via memory-changes by third parties

- general integrity of the game files and its RAM

It CAN check the scripts for certain substrings and pseudo - regular expressions, but not a whitelist, and that is NOT what BattlEye is designed for.

"Battleye is quite efficient at DETECTING scripts that aren't aloud to be run."

it defenitely is NOT, as you can always use the scripts the regular game is sending on picking up an item etc. But, as i allrdy said, BattlEye was not, is not, and WILL not be designed to.

"The problem at the moment though, isn't Battleye failing (Well, kinda) It's the fact you can use a "hook" to inject into the Client-side Battleye process and typing a few lines of code that effectively make all the scripts you execute invisible to the server log, which means you can't get kicked, banned, etc.

Once they find the memory space getting "hooked" onto, they release an update and a mass ban rolls out."

1.) BattlEye has no Process.

2.) You can't make scripts invisible to the server log

3.) they dont find the memory space, they try to detect the hooking.

4.) there is no mass ban, because any half-decent child knows that it should NOT use an outdated hack which is unchecked on the hive-servers.

"ESP (in some of the released hacks)

Teleportation. (Of themselves and others)

Ability to see everyone on the map.

Spawning of objects, weaponry or vehicles, including those not in DayZ itself.

God mode.

Nuking.

Give themselves full health with a single button.

Disable grass. - Dunno why they would do that, maybe to see people crawling?

Name Spoofing/Possible GUID spoofing.

Wallhack, kind of. (Tampering with files)"

not only players on the map.

players, tents vehicles, even decoration-gadgets like soldier-corpses and rabbits/boars/cows/goats.

furthermore: turn off rain, disable night, and so on... local client changes

"And no, they won't change their entire engine to stop scripts from being executed."

if they do not do that in the standallone, dayz will be ripped to pieces. and i will gladly help, you can not release a GAME with a trusted client.

"But DayZ isn't the CAUSE of the hacking [..]

Its multiple things."

the only reason is that they thought the arma2 engine could work in a game like DayZ. propably the cheapest, and worst choice.

"It will be fixed.

It will just come out of the blue one day and MANY people will get banned."

impossible by definition. obfucscation is no proof of security, new hacks will ALWAYS be released as long as arma2's engine does not get fixxed.

and why on earth should many people get banned? lock the dll's file so that it cant patch (or by other means, there are plenty) and you know when to turn off your hack... your so naivly that it hurts -.- you cna even set up your firewall to supress battlEye patches, so...

maybe some idiots who cant play without their hacks will be, but...

"Its a complex job looking for hooks in your own .DLL, because there are so many places they could be injected."

BattlEye is loading upon joing a server. most hacks are injected in the menue (dayz naivator (most popular maphack) btw is only undetected if you start it before joining a server), and battlEye failes to notice.

there are indeed many ways of possibilities.

but BattlEye is neither working with 2 processes watching each other (like punkbuster) nor using global hooks, so it will ALWAYS be easy to bypass it atm.

battleye is not hooking readprocessmemory!

they will NEVER detect a half-superior hack!

and by the way, it does not matter WHERE it is injected, but HOW.

"Edit : I'd appreciate after reading some sort of comment, to keep the topic up on the front page.

It would be amazing if it got stickied, but not much chance of that."

if you fix your many mistakes, i would appreciate it as well.

the community is not really taken seriously in this point!

just have a look here:

scr_be.png

BattlEye has got no problems if you attach a debugger to it's dll, and join a server with BE enabled than :)

want to know how battlEye checks the clients version? a little hint: no hashing is involed :P

Edited by AlcApwn

Very informative read thank you.

I think it's important to point out to the people demanding dayz fix the hacker issue, They simply cannot so stop asking. What I mean by that is the issue is in the game engine not the mod as the OP pointed out so there is no way dayz can fix that. Dayz is simply a mod of arma2 not a full game thus must be played on the platform it chose.

I doubt that will stop people from demanding but I thought I'd throw it our there as a reminder...

Edited by RogueOne

Very informative read thank you.

I think it's important to point out to the people demanding dayz fix the hacker issue, They simply cannot so stop asking. What I mean by that is the issue is in the game engine not the mod as the OP pointed out so there is no way dayz can fix that. Dayz is simply a mod of arma2 not a full game thus must be played on the platform it chose.

I doubt that will stop people from demanding but I thought I'd throw it our there as a reminder...

imo its their good right to demand it, because releasing a GAME with such an engine is fraud on the customers!

of cause its the wrong forum to do so (as all those problems existed in arma2 anyways), but as rocket is belongs to BI he did know.

there are SO many engines he could have used, both cheap and much better, but he chose BIS's ill-bred child of vodka and unreliability.