DarkRaven123

Hackers - What you need to know.

Very good write up until this part. You seem to understand a lot about the Arma2 engine yet fail to really understand it. To say that the DayZ team has no ability to control Anti-Cheat is completely false. There are options that can be written and ran server side and to be perfectly honest I would be very surprised if Rocket and the DayZ are not already exploring and developing something. So I believe you owe that person you quoted a small apology as there was nothing wrong with what they said. Now had they come in saying things like "Rocket and the DayZ team charged me for a hack infested product and will never fix the problem" then you might have a point.

this right here, and what helicopter hunter said, there is nothing wrong with expressing your opinion and discussing problems on a forum for a game in alpha...if you don't...then you're a bad alpha tester

• Like 1

Thank you Raven for taking the time to summarize all of this information. Have some beans.

Very good write up until this part. You seem to understand a lot about the Arma2 engine yet fail to really understand it. To say that the DayZ team has no ability to control Anti-Cheat is completely false. There are options that can be written and ran server side and to be perfectly honest I would be very surprised if Rocket and the DayZ are not already exploring and developing something. So I believe you owe that person you quoted a small apology as there was nothing wrong with what they said. Now had they come in saying things like "Rocket and the DayZ team charged me for a hack infested product and will never fix the problem" then you might have a point.

this right here, and what helicopter hunter said, there is nothing wrong with expressing your opinion and discussing problems on a forum for a game in alpha...if you don't...then you're a bad alpha tester

Of course.

That's what forums are for.

But the fact is every second topic is another hacking topic, normally throwing around accusations about something they don't know about.

Perhaps if they grasped the subject better, we wouldn't see as many topics.

I'm sure Rocket is testing some sort of tightened up anti-cheat for the standalone. But while the game is part of the Arma 2 engine, my statement still stands.

You can't change this specific fundamental flaw unless you go all the way back to development of the engine itself.

A very good DISCUSSION by everyone here. fFrom the OP to the responses. The OP sums up hacking and scripting very nicely, the root causes and potential fixes, while others express the complete lack of empathy on these forums (that has resulted primarily from the amount of hacker posts). Beans to ALL!!

Good post, but it doesn't change the fact the game is almost unplayable at the moment and some people will probably quit the game. This will possibly lose Rocket money in the end of the day, seeing as people will probably rage enough to not buy the stand alone because these problems have them so butt hurt. Luckily, these will probably be the 12 year olds, so maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

(On a side note)

Me and my buddies just rounded up our first nest of vehicles, it was great and we had all the gear we could ever want, we hid them really well and went to take a break, upon return we found some hackers blowing up all of our stuff. They killed us and ended our long journey, these type of things, while they may not matter in the stand alone, will make people quit Day Z.

Great Thread, Have some Beans. :beans:

I will be linking it from now on to people who complain about hackers and shouting at DayZ to do something.

• Like 1

Good post, but it doesn't change the fact the game is almost unplayable at the moment and some people will probably quit the game. This will possibly lose Rocket money in the end of the day, seeing as people will probably rage enough to not buy the stand alone because these problems have them so butt hurt. Luckily, these will probably be the 12 year olds, so maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

(On a side note)

Me and my buddies just rounded up our first nest of vehicles, it was great and we had all the gear we could ever want, we hid them really well and went to take a break, upon return we found some hackers blowing up all of our stuff. They killed us and ended our long journey, these type of things, while they may not matter in the stand alone, will make people quit Day Z.

Rocket hasn't made any money from the mod.

So he can't lose anything.

As I've said, it will be interesting to see how he decides to tweak the games security for the stand alone.

Thank christ for this thread. I've been lurking for a while here and the biggest problem I see in the community is a lack of knowledge of CONTEXT; the issues surrounding problems the game is facing right now. Context is the only way any sort of beneficial discussion can take place.

I think a bit more about ArmAII and about how its game engine is run could be useful on this thread.

Edit, For example, How the game is a Trusting Engine.

How most of your data is store on the client, not the server.

How the HIVE operates in DayZ and how loot is carried from one server to another.

Stuff like that.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin
  • Like 1

I think a bit more about ArmAII and about how its game engine is run could be useful on this thread.

Edit, For example, How the game is a Trusting Engine.

How most of your data is store on the client, not the server.

How the HIVE operates in DayZ and how loot is carried from one server to another.

Stuff like that.

I added a bit, i'm tired so I don't even remember what I wrote.

I'll have to tidy it up at a later date, but I think it will suffice for now.

Also, I don't think I added it, but, I believe (massive assumption here) that the only time you have any data from DayZ on your PC is when you are in game.

this will never be under control lol

its quite funny to me to think rocket and the dev team can actually make a mmofps out of it, but in reality unless they create a whole new engine/game for that matter, their hands will always be tied...

and with one hacker/server blacklisted pops up 2 more..

wait until arma 3? please

wait until a dev team makes a zombie mmofps...War Z comes to mind lol

It will be under control, eventually.

You can never completely stop hackers, but you can do your dam best to stop the script kiddies.

Those are the ones ruining the games, not the Hackers themselves.

They just write the stuff, people decide what they want to do with it.

Requesting Sticky. This thread is great and it should have a place at the top of the General Discussion.

• Like 1

Requesting Sticky. This thread is great and it should have a place at the top of the General Discussion.

Thank you kind sir.

i'll follow this topic and spread it in other threads about kacking. i think that the forum will always be a place where share frustration so whining posts won't disappear..

i'll follow this topic and spread it in other threads about kacking. i think that the forum will always be a place where share frustration so whining posts won't disappear..

Yes! kacking is a problem in need of attention!

;)

First off thankyou DarkRaven123 for sharing your knowledge. I found your post informative and straight to the point.

I've been looking for something to make sense of all this hacktaular controversy and found it in your words.

This post should be a "must read" for people who posts in the cheat reporting section.

Well done, very informative.

Ps. Quoting one person (of the many who writes those posts) in your thread, is a bit of a dick move. Just saying.

I apologized to that person and we have an understanding.

I think.

I'll replace it when I get home :$