Sign in to follow this  
Veteran (DayZ)

getting bored :/

well i've played this game yet so far about 10 hours and i only found 2 guns, wich were from a crashed helicopter site..

i've died like 20 times of starving, dehydratation, broken bones, and whatsoever...

would really appreciate some kind of guide.. i know ive checked on internet and youtube etc and honnestly they just dont work for me..

ive been looking for barns etc didnt find SHIT..

looking for partners if anyone interested...

• Like 1

Food/Water is much more important than guns. Find that crap first. Don't fight zombies (unless you have to).

http://dayzdb.com/map

USE IT!

and most importantly...don't trust anyone.

best of luck...and if it makes you feel any better....I think we all felt the same way when we first started...

I didn't find more than a Lee Enfield for at least a week....a crashed heli in less than 10 hours..is pretty good luck.

Edited by +Ch!cago+

Use this to help you find barns and places to loot / check out.

Go between General Stores (AKA Supermarkets) as they're loaded with food, ALICE backpacks and sometimes guns.

Scavenge more, die less.

If you've died 20 times and still haven't figured out how to find beans, you may need to find another game.

• Like 1

When I start a new life, I make it a point of order to not leave Electro/Cherno until I have a better backpack (czech or alice), any primary weapon, and 2/2 food/water. If you die before getting that, oh well, start over. Once you understand how to filter that dayzdb map (in such a way that you only hit up high value drop sites, those that have 10+ drop locations), you'll be in like flint. Cherno's stretches of high-value residential, however, are suspect now that camo/ghillie suits are spawning...they are one of the best spots to locate them, so a lot of top tier players are back south again.

Granted, I've gotten lucky before, but I can get everything I need from these towns in about an hour.

Ok - Im about 3 weeks old now on DayZ and trust me its the best game ever once you find your way around and know how to play. Here's my Noob tips.

1) Always look to see where you spawn on the bottom right of your screen when you start a new life. You'll only see it once.

2) Find your location on the map. At least your rough location to your starting point. Here's a good one > http://dayzdb.com/map#2.068.077

3) Don't run the roads or train track, but at least follow their direction towards main towns for navigation.

4) When you get to a big city, Supermarkets are great for food & drink, Hospitals for Meds and Fire Stations & Churches for starter guns and ammo. Also houses and offices have average gear in but can also drop back packs. Hit barns for more stuff outside of major cities. Scout them out for a little while first and BE QUICK IN THERE.

5) Don't be worried about taking a long route around or scouting for a while for something if it means staying alive. It's about survival. Not everything needs to be a rush.

6) You can out run zombies by getting to a woods and zig zagging your running. Not ideal but it can be done.

7) More at night but > crouch and hold down shift to walk when near zombies. Stay on grass if you can to avoid making any sound and getting spotted.

8) Docks are your friends - zombies cant get on them, so its good to bandage etc

9) When you get a gun remember the sound not only attracts zombies but other players too. Everyone can hear your gun shot and the general direction.

10) DON'T TRUST ANYONE.

11) Stick with DayZ - its a totally awesome experience.

They are what i've learnt myself in just under 3 weeks of play on and off. Hope it helps you.

:)

Edited by EvilPerl
  • Like 1

1) Always look to see where you spawn on the bottom right of your screen when you start a new life. You'll only see it once.

Uh.. no, you won't?

You'll see it every time you log in.

Ok - Im about 3 weeks old now on DayZ and trust me its the best game ever once you find your way around and know how to play. Here's my Noob tips.

2) Find your location on the map. At least your rough location to your starting point. Here's a good one > http://dayzdb.com/map#2.068.077

3) Don't run the roads or train track, but at least follow their direction towards main towns for navigation.

4) When you get to a big city, Supermarkets are great for food & drink, Hospitals for Meds and Fire Stations & Churches for starter guns and ammo. Also houses and offices have average gear in but can also drop back packs. Hit barns for more stuff outside of major cities. Scout them out for a little while first and BE QUICK IN THERE.

5) Don't be worried about taking a long route around or scouting for a while for something if it means staying alive. It's about survival. Not everything needs to be a rush.

6) You can out run zombies by getting to a woods and zig zagging your running. Not ideal but it can be done.

7) More at night but > crouch and hold down shift to walk when near zombies. Stay on grass if you can to avoid making any sound and getting spotted.

8) Docks are your friends - zombies cant get on them, so its good to bandage etc

9) When you get a gun remember the sound not only attracts zombies but other players too. Everyone can hear your gun shot and the general direction.

10) DON'T TRUST ANYONE.

11) Stick with DayZ - its a totally awesome experience.

They are what i've learnt myself in just under 3 weeks of play on and off. Hope it helps you.

:)

thank you, that was the kind of answer i was looking for :)

will look forward all of these and give some feedback ^^

This is what i simply do when i respawn: go to either cherno or elektro if you spawn near them. Go to hospital/grocery store and get food and drink. Find a better backpack. If possible go to a a firehouse and get a decent weapon. Head north. Etc. etc.

Find a clan or group to play with. Blood bags are your salvation.

I'm bored because hackers keep thwarting my gameplay.

But it can be lonely for some of us. The best time I had in Dayz was with Stiffy. I learned so much and it gave me confidence. Which is why I am lying on my belly in a cafe in Cherno right now. :blush:

I would say read the threads and find someone who seems similar to you in age and approach. Don't go rushing in a join a "cland/group" but talk on skype or similar and see who you get along with. :thumbsup:

well i've played this game yet so far about 10 hours and i only found 2 guns, wich were from a crashed helicopter site..

i've died like 20 times of starving, dehydratation, broken bones, and whatsoever...

would really appreciate some kind of guide.. i know ive checked on internet and youtube etc and honnestly they just dont work for me..

ive been looking for barns etc didnt find SHIT..

looking for partners if anyone interested...

Here's some tips; Your first priority is; Hatchet, Matches, Axe, Canteen, Hunting Knfe. With this gear, you can move farther in-land and hunt animals for food, and located water sources while you slowly find other resources.

If you are completely new, let me give you a quick rundown. An axe can be used as a melee weapon if you right-click it in your toolbet and equip. You can use this as a weapon to kill animals you find in the wild. When your MMB over an animal corpse, it'll give you the option to "Gut Animal" which will drop a number of "Raw Meat", select "Gear" and pick the meat up. If you are in a forest, (Game dictates whether you are or not) you can right click on your hatchet and choose "Harvest Wood"; it will give you one item of firewood, right-click on your matches to "Create Fireplace", after that you can light it by using MMB and use MMB to cook raw meat so long as it's in your main inventory, not your backpack.To fill your water bottle, be near a spout or water source (Do not use ocean) and right-click your empty water bottle in your inventory and choose "Fill".

With that; you can now sustain your needs and can now focus on venturing into towns and loot-spots to find more tools, weapons, and items. To located yourself, use http://www.dayzdb.com/map to find loot-spots around you. You may need to get your bearings first, but you can do so by using topography or by finding a town/city and finding the name of the town/city and locate yourself on the map.

• If you have a group of zombies on you, run into structures with at least two entrances (or docks). Run in, then out. Break LOS of zombies will cause them to forget about you if you stay low after leaving, repeat if necessary.
  • Eating cooked meat will regain blood back. It is possible to heal yourself fully if you eat enough cooked meat.
  • If you see zombies near a structure, there's high chance it contains loot. If you notice none nearby a loot-spot, then there's probably nothing there.
  • City area's have high chances of player encouters; if you want to stay alive, look for less populated loot spots and navigate around them. Stay as little as possible in city's. Tree stands contain military loot too.

Edited by navx2810