Robiik

Does HDD speed heavily impact loading times?

Hey,

Is loading times heavily affected by HDD? I currently have DayZ installed on my HDD, but considering moving it to my much faster SSD, if that would make a noticable reduction to my loading times.

I think the issue is more on the server side, since I haven't had much problem before 1.7.4. However now I often have to load for 5-10 minutes.

I too would like to know. I've been thinking about copying ArmA to my SSD and removing BF3 which I haven't touched in over a month now :>

you can set you're befault world to cherno which will load it before the main menu then insta join servers... if that helps lol

I know that it affects the loading times, but after the last patch the loading times got extremely long. Now if this is a server issue, moving the game to an SSD won't really help. So that's pretty much what I am wondering.

Did the latest patch slow down server loading times, or Hard Drive loading times?

Funny link tho' (not really)

I know that it affects the loading times, but after the last patch the loading times got extremely long. Now if this is a server issue, moving the game to an SSD won't really help. So that's pretty much what I am wondering.

Did the latest patch slow down server loading times, or Hard Drive loading times?

Funny link tho' (not really)

its server related, the ssd will just speed up the hd loading which is quick enough on a 7200.12 drive. (15 seconds for each loading or so i guess). sometimes the server is quite quick (after they restart and have few players? or is it the hive?) and from connecting to start playing takes around 40-50 seconds, but most times its the 4-8min loading crap.

Edited by white