iHateHaters

All Server Hosts/Admins - PLEASE READ!

http://pastebin.com/65BJiVqF - this is how players magically die

http://pastebin.com/wSpn2vwk - this is that stupid battle arena bullcrap

Please add the following two scripts to your servers blacklists/auto ban lists. I idle'd a well known cheating IRC in order to obtain these. I hope these help and I also hope this will cut down a great deal on players being griefed. Thank you.

Edited by iHateHaters
  • Like 1

Too bad this game's security architecture is fundamentally flawed and none of those scripts will show up in server logs due to BE bypass.

Might as well give up trying to fight the hackers.

Nothing can be done to end hacking as long as DayZ relies on ArmA2 engine and BE.

Well, apart from private servers.

I know in the scripts.txt that I use, it kicks players for trying to create anything that is counted as hacking, ex/ createVehicle

The fact that BattlEye relies on blacklists is the fundamental flaw in the way it operates.

Lord knows why they went down this route when create the BE engine is beyond me, but experience from other cheat engines has shown that the only way to create file checks is to use a 'white list' check. The 'black-list' method can be easily circumvented by minor changes to the script file data.

Looking into BattlEye I am becoming more and more frustrated. It's hard not to come to the conclusion that Bohemia created BE because they didn't want to pay for the PB superior engine. Don't believe me?

Remote repositories:

BE: no

PB: yes

Screenshots:

Custom MD5 checks:

PB; yes

White-list:

Aside from rudimentary file checking which can be circumvented by injecting scripts into the memory, BE is utterly worthless.

We're x amount of years down the line since Arma II was released and they chose to use BE, unless someone creates a secure checking engine that can integrate with BE nothing is going to get better.

This is where the expertise of PunksBusted or PBBans would have been invaluable. Sadly the efficiency of those sites mean they come under attack a lot from the cheaters and spend a lot their time fending off denial of service attacks. PBBans are in the process of relocating their data servers and PsB have been down for so long, no one seems to know if they'll be able to come back.

It's a sad state of affairs, you can't run anti-cheat on a shoe-string. Until we see a joint effort from many of the game producers to develop a broad anti-cheat solution then we'll end-up with this sporadic shotgun approach where platforms try to implement their own solution, the cheaters circumvent them and the honest gamers suffer.

Many of the injections used by the cheaters are re-used across the anti-cheat platforms, which goes to show how easy it is to do. I wish they would form a coalition, a combined effort to create a cross-platform, multi-check, secure anti-cheat solution, however they seem to busy trying to save money and engaging in a pissing competition about who's anti-cheat platform is better.

Sad times.

• Like 1

Somebody put a hell of a work in the second script. Just think about positioning, filling crates with weapons,

testing, debugging and shit.

And what about line 17 in the first script?

_pos = [(_pos select 0)-10*sin(_dir),(_pos select 1)-10*cos(_dir),30];

What's the purpose of using sin and cos to adjust player position?

Edited by void_false

And what about line 17 in the first script?

_pos = [(_pos select 0)-10*sin(_dir),(_pos select 1)-10*cos(_dir),30];

What's the purpose of using sin and cos to adjust player position?

If they're teleporting the whole server and have the possibility of having players with vehicles in them they need to make sure their positions aren't exactly the same, otherwise it might cause the server to implode.

Lets put hundreds of hours into building our own anti-cheat system and we'll make it the best ever and no hackers will ever ever ever exist and then we can all bitch at each other instead of the hackers.

Can you tell me where to add these , Using HFB servers and have file manager but dont see where to put these scripts thanks

scripts.txt file, cfgdayz/BattlEye directory, not that it will matter anyways, with this supposed BE bypass.

Edited by chaveezy

Pointless since 99% of the hackers use a bypass...

This is completely ridiculous....

Server admins have their hands tied by DayZ because its in alpha.

I hope to god that this issue is top priority for Rocket and his team.

I agree with HacksawJack.

Countless times I'm just playing a game with a friend on teamspeak and some kids just come up to me and tell me to get rid of the hackers, no names or nothing, they just tell me to drop what I'm doing and get on even though I'm not even able to do anything about it, Battleye is just not cutting it anymore.