A-E-I-OWN-U

Do you ever go back south after you get well-geared and why?

To pick up friends that just started to play/died.

• Like 2

Any type of player interaction really requires this. Also it seems to me loot spawns are better in the coastal main towns than most other places, especially non-military.

Some do too kill players

To kill new players.

"Yes, cause I'm an asshole."

I usually pick up friends there, and kill assholes.

Edited by EnermaX
  • Like 3

big industrial spawn points

all except for the factory are on the coast

Edited by Buffjesus

"Yes, cause I'm an asshole."

I usually pick up friends there, and kill assholes.

It's so fun to stalk newbies, Shoot them once or twice with a silenced weapon then proceed to chase them down with a hatchet while screaming at them with VOIP.

Good times.

• Like 2

The only time I head back near the South coast is if someone in my group needs to be picked up after a respawn, or if we need parts to repair a vehicle. Why? Because I'm not the 'sit in tower @ Cherno/Elektro and snipe noobs' type.

Same here. Making it back down to the coast is kind of a fun journey, especially when there's a friend starving in a church in Cherno.

Edited by TheLonelyFrog

It's so fun to stalk newbies, Shoot them once or twice with a silenced weapon then proceed to chase them down with a hatchet while screaming at them with VOIP.

Good times.

This happened to me, was pretty hilarious actually.

Good times.

One word. Pathetic.

• Like 2

Once i leave the coastal towns i dont go back until i die. Me and my squad fight in stary, then move on to the NWA when were happy with our gear. When we die we start over.

I've never done this once. Wanna know why? I've never actually found anything more powerful than a Lee and I've hoofed it all over the map, to the furthers portions of the north. wanna know why? Because usually after a couple hours of playing a hacker will come in and slay everyone and it's super fucking cool.

Things I've never done in Day Z: See a working vehicle on my own

Find weapons that aren't "stock" weapons

Do something that can't be compared to Windows Hiking Simulator 98

I don´t, what can you find there besides other well geared jerks hunting for some numbers in their stats? I´m alive since 9 days now, have a strong team with me (4-8 pretty geared and experienced players and vehicles) and we strafe from Berezino, Stary Sobor to NWA and back, just farming crash sites (still no night vision, tho :( )

When we encounter other players, they usually ran away when they see us :D We just gather vehicles and looking for some helicopters, I have ZERO murders and 100% fun :)

• Like 2

This happened to me, was pretty hilarious actually.

Also, Break a new players legs if you can and toss a grenade at them. That or toss a smoke grenade by them after you break their legs, if there are zombies nearby.

I do. First, I get fully geared up with all the sweetest loot: coyote patrol pack stuffed full of chemlights and heatpacks and crossbow bolts. Crowbar in hand, with road flares just ready for the chucking I roll right into Cherno and terrorise the noobs. I like to lie in wait in the sneakiest sniping spots and throw empty cans at their heads. Right at them.

They normally DC in terror.

Edited by kander
  • Like 1

Rarely do I stay well geared. I like running headfirst into bad situations so I usually end up back on the coast. I actually went down to the coast one day with a bike for some extreme downhill. Didn't work out too well.

• Like 4

Rarely do I stay well geared. I like running headfirst into bad situations so I usually end up back on the coast. I actually went down to the coast one day with a bike for some extreme downhill. Didn't work out too well.

That actually looks fun, I may need to try that sometime soon...

I do. I get fully geared up with all the sweetest loot: coyote patrol pack stuffed full of chemlights and heatpacks and crossbow bolts. Crowbar in hand, with road flares just ready for the chucking I roll right into Cherno and terrorise the noobs. I like to lie in wait in the sneakiest sniping spots and throw empty cans at their heads. Right at them.

They normally DC in terror.

LoL :thumbsup:

That actually looks fun, I may need to try that sometime soon...

Start off small, and work your way up. IMO bikes are the funnest vehicles in the game.

*Spends 3 days dodging deadheads and bandits from elektro to berezino to meet friend whois too lazy to walk and meet me halfway*

*Arrives in berezino, can't find friend*

*friend gets killed by bandit while looting player who died of gunshot wounds to the face*

Friend: Oh shit Rock, I got killed

Rock: wut

Friend: I know it's dark out...and bandits and zombies are everywhere...but could you PLEASE come to elektro so we can meet up?

*puts gun in mouth*

*pulls trigger*

FML

I never go back to south coast. I may go south to the e.g zelenogorsk when I want to explore, but not to the coast. No point in going there really - I don't hunt noons, and lots of noob hunters will DC in combat anyway. I prefer north ;)

^This. At least driving to Skalisty Island was my biggest mistake losing 25 day equip :(