Sign in to follow this  
nuclearaddict

Keep 'respawn' button disabled, but add a group spawn function

I don't mind the respawn button being disabled, because it forces you to play every single fresh spawn you're given, but for the group updates you should really add some sort of fresh group spawn feature. Who's to say I wasn't "traveling with friends when we washed up on the coast" as fresh spawns in the game?

Also, in before all the "but its supposed to be hard. just play the game" comments. I have a fairly large group of friends that play together, we've never had and still don't have any trouble meeting up. I just think there ought to be a feature like this, because it really does make sense in the game world.

Edited by nuclearaddict

I think choosing where to spawn at would be a better idea

• Like 1

Disabling the respawn button doesn't work anyway. I just head to the nearest town and get molested by zeds to respawn somewhere different. Like Balota.

The best thing to do would honestly be to choose where you spawn, having the options: Kamenka, Prigorodki, Kamyshovo, and Nizhnoye.

They're all a decent distance away from each other, and people who spawn on the east coast have smaller cities, but are slightly closer to the more high-level areas in case they want a quicker start. Prigo is close to both of the main cities, and Kamenka has a relatively low possibility of banditry, due to it's remoteness. People at Kamyshovo can either choose starting on the west or east coast, and Nizhnoye is close to Berezino, and somewhat close to the Northeast Airfield. It might also make players think twice before putting tents up there too.

I think choosing where to spawn at would be a better idea

I'm gonna have to disagree, man. I can't see this working on populated servers. Imagine everyone trying to spawn at Balota or Cherno at once. Bandit heaven. Also, I prefer the random spawns. It keeps the game fresh, because sometimes I'll spend quite a few days on the western part of the map then die. Usually I'll get a Solnichniy spawn after that and I gladly welcome the north-eastern part of the map.

I'm gonna have to disagree, man. I can't see this working on populated servers. Imagine everyone trying to spawn at Balota or Cherno at once. Bandit heaven. Also, I prefer the random spawns. It keeps the game fresh, because sometimes I'll spend quite a few days on the western part of the map then die. Usually I'll get a Solnichniy spawn after that and I gladly welcome the north-eastern part of the map.

If you read, he never said you could spawn at either one of those locations. Yes, if we get a huge amount of people wanting to spawn in Prio then yes, maybe some bandits will set up there, so then everyone will stop spawning there wont they?