Rhombulos

It's OK to Kill Anyone/Everyone

I see so much flak agaisnt people who kill unarmed players/people who KoS, and I think it's unfair to assume the game shouldn't ever be played that way. I just started playing DayZ over a week ago and to me the game pretty much from the start was about two things:

1. Getting good loot (Weapons/Camo/Medical Supplies)

2. Killing as many players as possible with said loot.

For me, that's what the goal is of the game, living as long as possible while killing as many other players as I possibly can. Some people prefer to play as a survivor instead, finding guns as only a means of protection and otherwise just amassing food/drink/medical supplies to survive...

That's fine, feel free to play that way. I'm not going to badmouth your playstyle. Just don't get upset when you get shot sprinting into Elektro expecting easy supplies/messages of friendship.

• Like 1

What's the goal of life?

There isn't any.

But there are a lot of things you can do.

Of all that choices you decided to slaughter everyone

• Like 2

What's the goal of life?

There isn't any.

It is, to me, the most fun goal in the game. I don't see why I can't choose to follow the goal I find most fun in pursuing that the game lets me choose.

In that case my goal is to hunt you forever and never let you get off the beach, sound fun?

I don't see why I can't choose to follow the goal I find most fun in pursuing that the game lets me choose.

But you can and are. So what's the issue?

well i dont exactly see it as fun when your shooting at someone with no weapon in the back...but i guess whatever gets your rocks off. <3

I think there could be more to accomplish if there was electricty put into the game and maybe more vehicles..then people would try to survive more then just amass things in there camps...start thinking rebuilding a society, if this is after all a zombie apocolps..

You clearly aren't happy with what you have chosen to do, considering you posted this to recieve validation.

You'll find enjoyment one day friend.

I think there could be more to accomplish if there was electricty put into the game and maybe more vehicles..then people would try to survive more then just amass things in there camps...start thinking rebuilding a society, if this is after all a zombie apocolps..

I don't really blame anyone much. There's not a whole lot to do after getting geared. You have to work really hard to find a goal outside of hunting people. Hell, a lot of people make a goal of hunting people hunting people, and without people hunting people, the people hunting people hunting people would have nothing left to do but hunt people.

• Like 2

I don't really blame anyone much. There's not a whole lot to do after getting geared. You have to work really hard to find a goal outside of hunting people. Hell, a lot of people make a goal of hunting people hunting people, and without people hunting people, the people hunting people hunting people would have nothing left to do but hunt people.

You put it quite well. There are obviously a variety of goals players could find in this game, but to me the most defined are Surviving and Hunting. I see so many people get angry at others who choose Hunting, and I was really posting to see if I could get others to understand that it's just a playstyle and they shouldn't be so hostile to people who do choose to do it. Were there other more defined goals, such as rebuilding, that also gave me a challenge and enjoyment in completetion I would glady participate in them as well.

Were there other more defined goals, such as rebuilding, that also gave me a challenge and enjoyment in completetion I would glady participate in them as well.

Part of the negative aspects of a sandbox. You have to really get creative and even dedicate yourself to doing something outside of what is the most obvious. As such, I don't blame anyone for choosing to hunt players, or hunt players hunting players. It's the most obvious goal with the most instant gratification.

• Like 1

You clearly aren't happy with what you have chosen to do, considering you posted this to recieve validation.

You'll find enjoyment one day friend.

No no, not validation. Discussion, and Understanding instead. So much hate is flung at those who choose to kill others, I only wish to point out that it shouldn't be considered wrong. This is in hopes of removing that negative feeling, or atleast creating discussion that would have others understand the opposite side's opinion.

I agree with OP.

Hunting people is fun - Zombies aren't threatening enough to deserve my bullets.

-MONSTER

• Like 1

I agree with OP.

Hunting people is fun - Zombies aren't threatening enough to deserve my bullets.

-MONSTER

And if others enjoy scavenging that's fine too, but You, others, and I enjoy hunting. Why hate?

What's the goal of life?

There isn't any.

And you decide to help others (Presumably?). He could say the exact same this, all you did was say "We have loads of gameplay styles, your a bandit" Putting it in a pretty format doesn't make you cool bro :P

• Like 1

I don't mind the people who kill everything, I actually want them to be there. But I want to be able to tell who they are (bandit skin) So I can protect others and hunt them down..

• Like 1

I don't mind the people who kill everything, I actually want them to be there. But I want to be able to tell who they are (bandit skin) So I can protect others and hunt them down..

That would be a good idea, since it allows people such as I to continue playing how we do while warning others who want to allie with players to stay away.