Johnpwnedyou

Making new profiles and new lives

When you open Arma 2 CO for the Dayz addon then you'll see at the menu "profile". Well my point is when you are making a profile you should have a new life,new inventory's and start at the coast. I suggest this because for family members. If they play on your dayz and they try making a profile they would think they started lucky and started with guns and stuff but they're all nooby and you die. This happens to me when i'm gone to work and when i'm jamming out with my friends. It's annoying and all my hard work are going to waste because of my friends/family. So i'm suggesting that if you make a new profile you get fresh life and save and you could just go load your old profile and you'll get your items and spawn where you quit at. The limit of making new profiles are 4 or 5.

I hope you guys support this because i'm pretty sure this i'm not the only one that is getting played by people playing on the same account/profile on dayz.

• Like 3

The only problem with that idea,

is that it leaves a lot of room for abuse.

How would you feel if someguy you just killed logged to his second character nearby and shot you?

How would you feel if someguy you just killed logged to his second character nearby and shot you?

Adding to that, it's gonna put a HUGE strain to the hive server.

And people would just lose attatchment to their one and only character.

That would be critical to this type of game.

i still feel characters should be unique to the profile. It would make life easier for people like OP. I don't think people will abuse it because theyll still have their one character they like.

+1

My friends also lose my gear, mainly because they are retarded and get me killed. I do enjoy playing with them, but it would be good to have a 'serious' character and another one that tries to drive a sedan into cherno to loot the hospital.

Adding to that, it's gonna put a HUGE strain to the hive server.

And people would just lose attatchment to their one and only character.

That would be critical to this type of game.

How would they spawn right beside you if they're profile character are scattered all over the place. Who knows the first and second one would be in the town and the rest in the forest. Well thing is they are all scatted and left off at the time where they exit themselves off the game

How would they spawn right beside you if they're profile character are scattered all over the place. Who knows the first and second one would be in the town and the rest in the forest. Well thing is they are all scatted and left off at the time where they exit themselves off the game

Because I would do exactly that.

Because they let me.

It just won't work. =\

Because I would do exactly that.

Because they let me.

It just won't work. =\

How would'nt it work. Just tell me.. It wont happen because you wont know where the player is after he killed you. He has a chance of logging off after or running away...

Your character as of now is tied to your games CD key so new profiles wouldn't change how the server reacts to your game. It would be doable on a standalone but as of now only a pipedream.

How would'nt it work. Just tell me.. It wont happen because you wont know where the player is after he killed you. He has a chance of logging off after or running away...

So, if you shoot my basicly fresh survivor in the middle of the field,

And go out there to look at it,

I won't log into my second toon nearby in the woods and shoot you and take your items?

So, if you shoot my basicly fresh survivor in the middle of the field,

And go out there to look at it,

I won't log into my second toon nearby in the woods and shoot you and take your items?

Im not stupid if I killed someone I wait about 5 seconds and then loot it. I wait for a while not being greedy. Also you would probably use 1 main character and the other one to fool around and also the possibilities will be low. Will you control 2 profiles always going in the same spot? And plus there is the loading screen and all those stuff. Picking your new profile, receiving profile data and all those stuff anyways i'll have enough time to hide the body and drink water it's not like me having a 30 second look in your inventory. Also me I have friends and family that is stupid enough not to listen to me causin them to not be able to use the computer. What if you look at it at my point of view? I work my butt off getting items and 1 of my friend or family member ruined it. What about profile limit changed to 2/3? I really want this to happen trust me I really do bro.. If it gets denied I will try till it gets passed. Edited by Johnpwnedyou

It'd be lovely but no. Doesn't work. Tell your friends and family to buy their own copy of the game.

I take one character, get them a DMR, sit them on top of Cherno tower and log off.

I get another character. Get them another sniper rifle or at least some type of meaningful gun and log off in the orange brick building in Elecktro

One more character I sit in the hills over Stary with a sniper rifle that I could get, because I have infinite time to do so.

There. Now anytime I am killed anywhere near anything useful to loot outside NWAF, I just calmly log off that character, swap to my new one and in 30 secs MAX, I am a very big threat to you.

What this means is that when you kill people you will never be safe. Ever. It'd be nice to leave my high loot character at camp while I send my fresh spawn into cherno for basic supplies, but I can't have it because scumbags like myself exist. Sorry, its DayZ you're playing here.

It'd be lovely but no. Doesn't work. Tell your friends and family to buy their own copy of the game.

I take one character, get them a DMR, sit them on top of Cherno tower and log off.

I get another character. Get them another sniper rifle or at least some type of meaningful gun and log off in the orange brick building in Elecktro

One more character I sit in the hills over Stary with a sniper rifle that I could get, because I have infinite time to do so.

There. Now anytime I am killed anywhere near anything useful to loot outside NWAF, I just calmly log off that character, swap to my new one and in 30 secs MAX, I am a very big threat to you.

What this means is that when you kill people you will never be safe. Ever. It'd be nice to leave my high loot character at camp while I send my fresh spawn into cherno for basic supplies, but I can't have it because scumbags like myself exist. Sorry, its DayZ you're playing here.

Did you just read what i wrote? I wrote that my family members always go on my computer when im at work. And i just want to request the limit to 2 players at least...

If it was limited to 2 players there wouldn't be a problem. No one is going to take the time to take both charectors to the same place at all times, and if they do that means they have progress of about half a mile before having to switch to the other one to close the gap between them. any arguement about abuse when you consider that is pretty damn invalid. and to be honest, it is worth it for people like me who have serious accounts for real teamplay and account for dicking about with friends, as said above, driving cars into cherno for the lolz.

Thanks for the support guys. I'm having up and downs but still looking positive to make this suggestion happen! Thanks.

Don't feel bad. I'm 100% with you. My little brother and I split the cost of the game because I thought we could both play it. I found a friend and got pretty far into it. I want him to be able to play but I know he's going to die and I went through a lot to get all that stuff.

No D-bag is going to go through all that trouble for revenge. It's easily avoidable. I think multiple profiles should be put in the game.

Put a 10 min. timer on swaps between characters. Problem solved...