Graz (DayZ)

Make Dayz HARDER, Part A: Cities

If you make the cities to hard, a lot more would choose to snipe around the cities, I think. No reason to risk it, when someone can do it for you.

I love these ideas! Zombies are more of a nuisance when looting cities rather than, you know, terrifying, blood thirsty zombies (although they do still keep me on edge 24/7

xD)

So yeah +support on the ideas!

I would also like more zombies, and running zombies in buildings once they iron out their glitchy, zigg zaggy, rubber band like moving through walls :P

• Like 1

Are you guys playing this game single-player? Zombies don't make this game difficult, other players do. Try a full server, and tell me Cherno, Zeleno, or Elektro are too easy to run around in.

Are you guys playing this game single-player? Zombies don't make this game difficult, other players do. Try a full server, and tell me Cherno, Zeleno, or Elektro are too easy to run around in.

This is the point I'm making ~_^

Most of these games aren't super insane ultra elite changes, they are mainly simple ideas to increase player immersion and give the big cities a hellish feel.

I get that you are worried about the player balance, but the guy your up against has to content with these city changes too.

I can also get into elektro or cherno, loot the hospital, supermarket and fire station without ever firing a shot. While zombies going nuts for guns is great, they are still a non-issue if I don't shoot.

Everyone wants to make life harder for newspawns. I don't think zombies should be able to run inside buildings (particularly since the game has some seriously screwed up animations when you pass through some doors that force you to stand up automatically), but I do think something needs to be done about the difficulty curve once guns are earned.

I Agree, but a house should not be as much as a safe zone. This is why I like the idea of alarmed homes and zombies locked in a room.

"NPC" spawned bear traps in houses would also be amazing for this. The message should be clear: BE CAREFUL

As to your sound changes, I like them a lot.

Part B will be zombies, but I haven't thought of enough ideas to make a post yet. Plus I would like part A to run it's course.

+1

• Like 1

Some people aren't so interested in the substandard, in some ways archaic, and nonsensical pvp gameplay. Shocking i know.
  • Like 2

I'm going to take a step away from most of the post and focus on the issue of zombie awareness in cities. *This post is an extension of my post in the thread about making zombies more difficult.

Indoor or outdoor shouldn't matter in cities. Zombies in cities should be able to run and chase indoors if they corner a player though there should be less of them [runners] than other types of zombies since they would be more likely to have been munched on (taken crippling damage) those zombies that can run also aggro other zombies in their chase so if a player runs indoors zombies fallow the trail of commotion to the Alamo players pick until they eventually over run them.

Firing off shots has the draw back of attracting zombies in waves to respond to the disturbance. The runners get there first and rush the player. The walkers amble in waves closely behind and then if the player(s) think its safe outside the monkeys and crawlers are bringing up the rear of the rush like a brood of crabs.

All of this suggests that once a player is aggroed more zombies would start to spawn as if to come out of the wood work of buildings that are not enterable. This would discourage people from taking a shot if they had plans to stick around very long. Though it would take longer for zombies to zero in on snipers in towers and hard to reach places they would be in just as much danger if not more because they would start to swarm outside the building they where shooting from making it difficult to escape. While the runners where aggroed to the surrounding block the sniper was shooting from the walkers and hoppers would crowd outside the building until they started shuffling in (like hearing a gunshot outside a doorway)

this would discourage players from shooting in towns but at the same time encourage players to camp the perimeter as highway men bandits. With a mechanic like this looting big cities would really only be possible with players armed to the teeth should something go horribly wrong as they probably will.

You got my beans ! It should be more scary than it is now. More zombies. More traps on every corner.

Game is to easy because you are:

1. Veteran farts who already know whole map like own pocket, or even know it from Arma 2 and only remember like pray where every item spawn in DayZ.

2. You just begin and read every tutorial/guide and check every drop map on google. And such way you just kill your fun from game and emotions what are from exploring something new.

Game is fine, need only refresh. Like new map to explore so you dont find all answers from uncle google and you feel lost and dont know where to go. Remember if you as players use common know bugs in game, glitch how much you can than game yes - its to easy. But for people who just start and dont care about learning from such source this game is hard, and dont kill they fun making them unplayable without tutorials.

• Like 1

This would be great, i agree that it's to easy to get in and out of a city. The only thing iw orry about in cities are players, zombies i just run past.

I'd suggest adding hungry stray dogs, possibly the 'zombie' kind. Running around alone or in numbers. Running a bit faster than a survivor (when aggroed), otherwise running around at about the normal running pace of a survivor. Making noise in cities (howling, barking, pack in-fighting noises), much better hearing and sight at night, smell people nearby (i.e. can't sneak 10 meters away, no matter how close to the ground you are). Can be rare -- i.e. only a small pack in Cherno and Elektro, few singles in other towns...

• Like 1

Great idea. I also think zombies need to be harder. I feel like its more of a bandit survival game rather than zombie. Make it so me or another survivor actually fears firing a shot in a town. May balance the PvP aspect a bit in cities at least. Make zombies stronger, make them scarier, make them a REAL threat.

lol he said "stick to the cities for now, zombies in part 2" read please.

• Like 1

Game is to easy because you are:

1. Veteran farts who already know whole map like own pocket, or even know it from Arma 2 and only remember like pray where every item spawn in DayZ.

2. You just begin and read every tutorial/guide and check every drop map on google. And such way you just kill your fun from game and emotions what are from exploring something new.

Game is fine, need only refresh. Like new map to explore so you dont find all answers from uncle google and you feel lost and dont know where to go. Remember if you as players use common know bugs in game, glitch how much you can than game yes - its to easy. But for people who just start and dont care about learning from such source this game is hard, and dont kill they fun making them unplayable without tutorials.

I quite liked this post.

I'll admit that I'm a very experienced and capable gamer and have not really ever come across a game that I didn't get the hang of within a couple of days.

If you have a look at the changes, most of these are along the lines you are asking for, bear traps, zombie traps & home alarms are a step towards the randomness of the game.

I understand that not everyone desires such a brutal environment as I do and the feedback (or reality check) is welcomed. The main thing I want from a place like electro is that it has a different feel to somewhere dinky like petrovka. On an unrelated note in Cherno plus (standalone) I would love to see electro and cherno moved and combined, so we have just one huge city :)