I keep reading in various posts if people with more than one main weapon. I assume we have the ability to store them in our bags if we have sufficient space.

If this is true, is there anywhere I can find out how many bag slots a weapon will take up? I foolishly tried putting my m16 in my bag only to discover I'd lost it (only had 3-4 slots available)..... To make matters worse, I thought I'd test it at the NWAF. Not a fun place to be with only a handgun.

Awesome ta. I'd seen the wiki site by must've missed the slot info first time round.

Answers are 10 and 3 respectively if anyone else was also wondering. Side arms take up 5

Main weapon - 10 slots

Sidearm - 5 slots

Tent - 3 slots

Be careful with the ammo though, the engine want's to move the ammo as well - so if you have (f.e.) an AKM + 4 mags and you want to put that into your pack, you actually need 14 slots. Otherwise you can't be sure you're not losing something when transfering your weapon.

[edit]

Also from my experience it's more safe to swap weapons OUT of the pack, not INTO the pack.

[/edit]

Edited by Teiwaz

[edit]

Also from my experience it's more safe to swap weapons OUT of the pack, not INTO the pack.

[/edit]

Last night i noticed that when I swapped my second main out of the pack, it wasn't replaced by my first choice main.

Heart stopping moment when I still have 14 empty slots showing in the pack.

Without exiting the bag screen I put my second choice back into the pack and my first choice re-appeared in my main slot.

Phew! I did not want to be stuck with a bizon main.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

is it just safer to drop my main and ammo, then swap out the bizon and then put my first choice into the pack?(damn, even typing the process takes an age)

Edited by EMT - Jasz

Yeah, always safer to take things out of the bad and swap then put them in and expect a swap. If you tell it to move your bag gun to your inventory, it will swap the guns and mags, and random other things in your main iventory to make room for mags. If you try to put your active gun in the bag when there's no room, it will just eat it and its mags