How do you know where gunshots are coming from? With my headset when I hear gunshots, I can never tell where they're coming from. It's just noise.

TB DX11s

Edited by Buffjesus

How do you know where gunshots are coming from? With my headset when I hear gunshots, I can never tell where they're coming from. It's just noise.

I use a Turtle Beach X31, and I have never had a problem detecting where the sound is coming from. Hearing other players' footsteps is priceless... :rolleyes:

TB DX11s

Oh god, they make the worst headsets in the world. STAY AWAY.

Talk to you in 3 months when they're broken.

I've really never had much trouble pinpointing the direction in which the shot(s) came from, and I'm using some cheap thirty dollar headset.

I literally just ordered the G930. I'm praying that they're going to be amazing. Anyone have any experience with them?

They're fantastic. I've owned my pair for over a year. Be careful with the dongle and station, but as long as you take good care of them, they'll serve you well.

• Like 1

Gamecom plantronics, they aren't the most expensive headset but I can hear everything, and have no trouble locating the direction where the gunshot came from.

Beats studio

*Runs into his shitstorm bunker filled with enough food, water and ammunition to outlast even the heaviest shitstorm*

Plantronics Gamecom headset, no problems telling where gun shots coming from here. Also that damn bird flying by sound effect scares the crap out of me almost every time.

I've had my Turtle Beach's for almost two years now. I appreciate your concern, though... :lol:

ive had them for 2 years

had 2 problems that i fixed myself (like 15 months in), still work 100% perfect now

I am deaf in my right ear... Pretty much stops me from ever actually knowing. I tend to work it out in other ways. The loudness changes according to which direction I'm facing in relation to the sound. But pretty much any standard pair of stereo headphones would be able to tell you where the sound is coming from. You don't need some utterly insanely high quality stuff to get basic stereo field.

Edited by Dramatic Exit

You don't need some utterly insanely high quality stuff to get basic stereo field.

This. Anyone telling you that you need to pay more than 30$ for a decent headset just wants to feel smug about his own.

Set up your sound Settings to 4 speaker setup instead of putting it as Headphones. Use computer speakers as you back left & right; and your headphones as front left & right. You can pin point which direction sounds are coming from so much easier.

5.1 surround sound system combined with freetrack for best possible situational awareness.

I highly recommend this setup.

If you are going to spend a bunch of money on a headset....Don't. The construction is almost always lacking. I say get some DJ/Studio headphones (They are built to last over a decade) and a seperate microphone. You can also use them to listen to music outside of your desk area without looking like a fool. I use Audio-Technicas ATH-M50s personally. I recommend them but there is a lot of good stuff out there.

TRITTON AX720's probably the best headset I have ever had.

with headphones or my stereo speakers I never have a problem

just know when you hear that 'cracking' sound, the bullets are coming at you

I use turtle beach x12's lol I can hear you take a poop in an outhouse and tell you the size by the splash. In all seriousness the headset has like 8 speakers and the noise will only come into which ear the shots are coming from so if the shots came from the right up high then you would hear it in your head set in the same way. So basically I would look right and then up when I get to cover.

I'm using £10 Sony earbuds and I can detect the direction of gunshots easily. Are you listening on Ribena cartons OP?

Really? My TBs have delivered only flawless performance thus far, and it's been at least two months, maybe longer.