Sign in to follow this  
TheSneakySpy

Could this computer run DayZ On medium at ~30 FPS?

Currently I'm running a 6870 and the game chugs along in heavy areas, even at lowest settings. Although that could be because of my 2.6x4 processor, I've heard DayZ is pretty CPU intensive.

Yep your comp will work.

I get 30 FPS on low-ish settings 900x724 resolution on my shit computer, yours could definitely run it on medium yea

Edited by aPyro

This is a 3.6 quad, and i currently can use a dual core @ 2.7 ghz with a raedon 4550 to get 10 frames on lowest, could i fix that by upgrading the GFX card on the machine mentioned

Oh wait, i forgot that lowering the resolution makes it go faster, i always have it fullscreen at my monitor resolution

in that case whenever i get this computer i will have a fun time in low resolution :D

It should be able to but I would look for an Intel CPU if I were you. I have an AMD quad core and I kinda regret getting it. This game engine loves to eat CPU's, a dual core can't run it well at all.

Edited by Cummins

It should be able to but I would look for an Intel CPU if I were you. I have an AMD quad core and I kinda regret getting it. This game engine loves to eat CPU's, a dual core can't run it well at all.

Are they less compatible with DayZ or you just have general regrets?

The reason I ask is because I'll probably be looking to upgrade my CPU and I have very little knowledge about such things, mostly I know that when something doesn't work, update drivers and how to build the rig itself.lol

Currently I'm running a 6870 and the game chugs along in heavy areas, even at lowest settings. Although that could be because of my 2.6x4 processor, I've heard DayZ is pretty CPU intensive.

100% your cpu or another fault dude. I've got a ati 6870 aswell and it runs it brilliant. In the big cities I never see my fps below 40 with everything on the highest settings. My pc isnt that great either infact I built it with a budget of £300. AMD 965 @ 4.0ghz ATI 6870 and 4gb of ram , the cheapest possible choice @ £20.

Upgrade you cpu and you will see a big difference :)

This game (ARMA) is very cpu heavy. I have some form of slow ass quad i7 in my laptop. Wish i went for the faster dual core i5 :(

Edited by Vetrox

100% your cpu or another fault dude. I've got a ati 6870 aswell and it runs it brilliant. In the big cities I never see my fps below 40 with everything on the highest settings. My pc isnt that great either infact I built it with a budget of £300. AMD 965 @ 4.0ghz ATI 6870 and 4gb of ram , the cheapest possible choice @ £20.

That's what I was figuring, I tend to have similar issues with BF3, (I'm assuming huge open world = OMG CPU EXPLOSION) took me 3+ years to upgrade my GPU from a 4750(?) and I'm still running DDR2 so I don't know what's worth buying at all. :/

I'm running a FX - 6200 3.8Ghz, 8 GB Ram, GTX 460 and I get between 30 - 60 FPS.

That's what I was figuring, I tend to have similar issues with BF3, (I'm assuming huge open world = OMG CPU EXPLOSION) took me 3+ years to upgrade my GPU from a 4750(?) and I'm still running DDR2 so I don't know what's worth buying at all. :/

If you were just wanting a half decent computer to run games on the higher end of the settings. I would buy a cheap motherboard compatible with ddr3 ram and because I'm biased a am3 socket motherboard for the amd 965 be because they are excellent value for money . I have a stable overclock at 4ghz and my temps don't go higher than 55 Celsius. (With a cheap upgraded cooler ) Of course you would also need ram aswell , I went for the cheapest possible and it works great.

If your psu is half decent then that's all you would need. Nice affordable gaming rig upgrade for sub £150 if you shop around

If you were just wanting a half decent computer to run games on the higher end of the settings. I would buy a cheap motherboard compatible with ddr3 ram and because I'm biased a am3 socket motherboard for the amd 965 be because they are excellent value for money . I have a stable overclock at 4ghz and my temps don't go higher than 55 Celsius. (With a cheap upgraded cooler ) Of course you would also need ram aswell , I went for the cheapest possible and it works great.

If your psu is half decent then that's all you would need. Nice affordable gaming rig upgrade for sub £150 if you shop around

Ah. I know I'll have to upgrade eventually, as I did my GPU, I just hate doing so. As long as I can pull a general 60FPS I don't care how bad the game looks, gimme the Crayola SC2 marines I don't care.

Haha, I have the Phenom Black from a few years ago, has been a good little bastard for the cost.

Edited by Tizoc

I call bullshit my friend. I payed £1500 for my rig and can only just scrape full settings with the lowest of 30fps.

I call bullshit my friend. I payed £1500 for my rig and can only just scrape full settings with the lowest of 30fps.

Did you build it? Did you buy the parts on sale? Are they all properly compatible with each other/Day Z?

Not impossible. At the time I built my rig, I spent ~450$ while my friend bought a comparable rig for 1100$. Maybe not the 850$ difference stated above, but it can vary quite a bit.

For this game though, I have no idea.lol

Edited by Tizoc

I couldn't care how much you paid for your computer. If you paid £1500 for it and your only getting 30 fps on a game like DayZ I'm afraid to say you got screwed.

You can call BS if you want but the proof is in the pudding... I put a video up on YouTube every now and again. I'll make sure to show my settings and leave the fps benchmark on the video ( I get 30fps whilst recording) in my next video I upload

I have to say something...

If you paid that much (..almost $2000 USD), and it will not run DayZ at max settings...well, that is just pathetic. It is also not "bullshit" that someone could build a PC for far less than what you paid for yours, while still cranking out higher FPS. I would be very eager to hear what your system specifications are, if you don't mind.

Send me a copy of your dxdiag file, and I will do my best to help you get DayZ running smoother, mate. ^_^

• Like 1

Please tell me you're not buying a new computer to play a ARMAII mod that is still in alpha!! Please please please tell me that's not what you're doing. Also iBUYPOWER is a crap company. Don't buy a pre built from them. (MAYBE) buy from here. .. Best prices, personal service from people who know what they're doing. http://www.enuinc.com/

Edited by playZ

I have to say something...

If you paid that much (..almost $2000 USD), and it will not run DayZ at max settings...well, that is just pathetic. It is also not "bullshit" that someone could build a PC for far less than what you paid for yours, while still cranking out higher FPS. I would be very eager to hear what your system specifications are, if you don't mind.

Send me a copy of your dxdiag file, and I will do my best to help you get DayZ running smoother, mate. ^_^

Maybe he paid 1500 4 years ago?

Hell my friend's father has spent almost 15,000$ on his rig, mostly because as soon as a new tier comes out he immediately upgrades it, plus he's paying shop fee's and installation. He just has a walk in closet full of "old" parts. Shit, his 6th "extra computer" in case someone drops by that doesn't have one is better then mine.

No friggin' joke. If some people can afford to blow the cash for the convenience, more power to em.

Edited by Tizoc

What is it with people and having fps issues? i run on the highest quality and my rig is a budget build.

Specs.

8gb DDR3 G.Skill 50$

AMD Phenom II x4 840 3.20ghz 60$

EVGA GTX 550 TI 1gb GDDR 5 120$

500gb HDD 30$ (used)

and a crap cheap mobo. 35$

Running windows 7 ultimate 64x (25$ for the cd key)

i get 39-45 fps on max. 20 when i record with fraps. total spent like 400-500? didn't add in the other odds and ends crap. but nothing really improves the performance. go price hunting man the only way to go my stuff came from newegg and microcenter

Are they less compatible with DayZ or you just have general regrets?

The reason I ask is because I'll probably be looking to upgrade my CPU and I have very little knowledge about such things, mostly I know that when something doesn't work, update drivers and how to build the rig itself.lol

AMD is not that great of a gaming CPU when compared to Intel. You can't buy that AMD PC and change to an Intel without getting a different motherboard. PlayZ is right tho, don't buy a gaming PC if all you need it for is DayZ, if would be a very poor decision IMO.

Listen TheSneakySpy if you want a good pc that can run all very high settings on any resolution message me i baught this pc for 600 total with 2 moniters

If you're thinking of buying this, don't. PM me and I'll make you a build. NCIX charges only $50 to put it together before they ship it, or you can get a local computer shop to do it for about the same price. Honestly though, it's like putting Lego together, it's easy as hell.

Trust me, just PM me if you want to buy a new computer. Don't waste your money.