StrengthAndHonor

Friendly Mode - by shouting.

So, you are one side of a building. You spot another player.

Add a feature - Call out Friendly?

What this features does, in order of events :

1) You confirm and decide to call out FRIENDLY?...your character yells out "FRIENDLY?" to the other player.

2) The 2nd player gets a screen option :

"Shout back FRIENDLY?

Accept

Decline"

3) If 2nd player accepts FRIENDLY shout, then you cannot harm each other for 1 hour. Whenever you try to aim your gun at that person, your gun is lowered. Or you simply can't shoot them. Whatever. You get the idea.

4) If 2nd player declines FRIEDNLY shout, or simply doesn't even choose an option, then everything is as is and you can kill each other like normal.

This feature is BADLY needed in this game.

BONUS feature : Backstabbing Friendly

- When the 1 hour is up, if for some reason you are still playing with that player, and he kills you, their face changes or they are somehow marked so other players KNOW these guys are sketchy.

• Like 12

How about we make things simple and just add a PVP (ON/OFF) button?

It seems this game is to hard resulting in pvp complaints and script kiddies. Even though I find it to easy :\

• Like 1

shouting friendly and whistle without any anti pvp would be cool

It seems this game is to hard resulting in pvp complaints and script kiddies. Even though I find it to easy :\

This suggestion has nothing to do with complaining about PVP.

This thread is about giving players an option to interact with strangers and play the game without having to resort to "Kill everyone on sight"

Edited by StrengthAndHonor
  • Like 2

u should be able to shoot him even if he says frendly if u wanna team up just go to the right forum section

u should be able to shoot him even if he says frendly if u wanna team up just go to the right forum section

No, you shouldn't. Or else this game will never have cooperation among strangers who actually want to cooperate and experience this game like it should be.

Delete the whole can't shoot each other thing and I'd be for it. We just need a way to communicate our intentions better.

Delete the whole can't shoot each other thing and I'd be for it. We just need a way to communicate our intentions better.

For those of you who still want to kill people, nothing is stopping you. Just decline or don't choose an option. If you don't like that, then you are a coward griefer because you don't want the other person to know you are going to kill them. That type of gameplay will kill this game.

That would be no different than what you have now. Just a fancy way of typing "friendly?" in the chat. That is NOT what the goal of this suggestion is.

The goal is to create a way for players who want to actually play in a survivor world where there are friendlies AND bandits.... the way the game is now, everyone is just a bandit. You have to shoot on sight or else you will be the one killed and robbed.

That is not a fun experience for the players who want to team up with strangers they meet along the way.

• Like 4

Ideas like this are so dumb and for noobs. Literally this suggestion would ruin the game. The whole point of the game is that anyone can kill anyone. This turns the game into hello kitty adventure land. Yes the game needs to facilitate ways to cooperate inside the game but it shouldn't be as easy and unrealistic as this

For those of you who still want to kill people, nothing is stopping you. Just decline or don't choose an option. If you don't like that, then you are a coward griefer because you don't want the other person to know you are going to kill them. That type of gameplay will kill this game.

That would be no different than what you have now. Just a fancy way of typing "friendly?" in the chat. That is NOT what the goal of this suggestion is.

The goal is to create a way for players who want to actually play in a survivor world where there are friendlies AND bandits.... the way the game is now, everyone is just a bandit. You have to shoot on sight or else you will be the one killed and robbed.

That is not a fun experience for the players who want to team up with strangers they meet along the way.

Actually, that type of gameplay is what makes this game. This game is all about ultra-realism, and in real life, there are backstabbers. The need to be cautious of them is a driving force in this game.

• Like 1

All this game needs is radio comms available all down the coast

Ideas like this are so dumb and for noobs. Literally this suggestion would ruin the game. The whole point of the game is that anyone can kill anyone. This turns the game into hello kitty adventure land. Yes the game needs to facilitate ways to cooperate inside the game but it shouldn't be as easy and unrealistic as this

Griefer who likes to kill unsuspecting players spotted.

Actually, that type of gameplay is what makes this game. This game is all about ultra-realism, and in real life, there are backstabbers. The need to be cautious of them is a driving force in this game.

No.. what makes this game is playing in a post-apocalyptic world full of zombies, having to survive and search for gear, weapons, and food, while at the same time encountering other survivors.

As it is now, there is only one other type of survivor : bandit. Kill on sight, or risk being killed.

That will ruin this game. We need a way to know for SURE when a player wants to cooperate together and be friendly.

That will ruin this game. We need a way to know for SURE when a player wants to cooperate together and be friendly.

That for sure, sounds stupid and boring to me. Just use your microphone and talk to the Guy on the other side of the wall. If you think he is lying, then do what you think is right and avoid or kill him.

I think this is one of the key features of the game and part of the "realistic" survival experience.

• Like 2

Personally, I think ideas like this being implemented will kill the game before any amount of player behavior will. Realistically, you can't trust another person in this type of scenario. It's a perfectly realistic tactic to make someone believe you aren't a threat and then kill them while their back is turned. In the real world you cant trust someone you dont know.Betrayal and deceit are very real and very prevalent parts of the real world and as such, should remain an unaltered part of Day Z.

• Like 3

No, no, no. It needs to be like it is now. You all time need to feel you can be betrayed anytime. So.... Just stop playing it, or team up in other game like L4D. That not 100% sure if player can be friendly or not makes DayZ like it should be, like it is. So stop playing it if you like casual games.

• Like 2

Unless you're a mute or something, I think people are pretty well able to decide whether or not they want to shout friendly, and whether or not the want to honor their plea.

• Like 1

This thread brought all of the backstabbing griefers like flies to honey. All of them running here to say how much fun they have backstabbing unsuspecting players.

This game has to refuse to cater to these types of griefers if it wants to succeed.

• Like 1

wtf? everyone would just turn it off unless they c someone they can kill

No.. what makes this game is playing in a post-apocalyptic world full of zombies, having to survive and search for gear, weapons, and food, while at the same time encountering other survivors.

As it is now, there is only one other type of survivor : bandit. Kill on sight, or risk being killed.

Nonono >.< you should NEVER EVER know for sure if you can trust another player, how ever there need to be some incentive to cooperate. Right now trying to cooperate involves A LOT of risk and no reward compared to KOS which is less risk for a huge reward. But that is not solved by preventing people from killing each other because that will just ruin the whole game experience.

Well, its an idea that wont stop bandits doing what they want, they just can refuse to be friendly, but it will make the survivors team up like it would happen in a pos-apocalyptic world in real life :3.

Have my beans

• Like 2

Well, its an idea that wont stop bandits doing what they want, they just can refuse to be friendly, but it will make the survivors team up like it would happen in a pos-apocalyptic world in real life :3.

Have my beans

Exactly.

This feature still keeps the fear of dying to players... but adds the option of at least cooperating with other friendly strangers you may encounter..

the way the game is now, it's not feasible/palatable for mass audiences. People WANT to be able to cooperate with other survivors sometimes... and you simply can't do that with the way the game is now. Shoot on sight is the only way to play....and that needs to change.

• Like 2

This is pretty dumb on so many levels. I don't kill on sight unless I have reason to, so don't go attacking me like I know you will anyway.

First off, if I choose to shout back 'friendly' than I am forced for one hour into cooperation with this player? As in, I won't even be able to aim my weapon towards him like you said? So if someone is approaching behind him and I can take a shot off, I won't be able to, because this will FORCE my weapon to be lowered causing us both to be killed. Not to mention, it takes away the risk of friendly fire which makes every encounter with friends even more tense and exciting.

Second, this is not the answer. Even if something like this would ever be implemented, I could wait til the hour was up and just shoot the other player then run off with over an hour worth of group gathered loot. Yes. This is totally the solution.

Your suggestion wouldn't make the game more appealing to a mass audience, it would just take away from what a mass audience is currently loving about the game.

Edited by nuclearaddict