Sign in to follow this  
Arganth

Spawn as parachutist

As we have no background story in the game (why we start at the coast)

why not start as parachutist... getting dropped quite randomly across the map

but being able to steer a bit to control where one lands

This would spread at the people across the map and give them also a little more control about the starting locations by parachuting near a town or so :)

true but there would be snipers just waiting for u to come closer and kill u

Snipers willing to wait on the off chance that you fall within sight radius in a 255km map? There might be some, but most will pack off and camp hot spots instead.

Only thing is, who really parachutes?

Snipers willing to wait on the off chance that you fall within sight radius in a 255km map? There might be some, but most will pack off and camp hot spots instead.

it is fun my friend.

• Like 1

Maybe you jump from a crashing airplane because the pilots are turning to zombies :D

and then land in zed-land

theres a huge flaw in that parachute idea because where did the plane go? why didnt it come back to get the other survivors? did it crash? why not go look for it... way to many factors to put into that issue..washing ashore is alot easier to explain then falling out of the sky with a parachute :/

theres a huge flaw in that parachute idea because where did the plane go? why didnt it come back to get the other survivors? did it crash? why not go look for it... way to many factors to put into that issue..washing ashore is alot easier to explain then falling out of the sky with a parachute :/

ocean

You are in zombie apocalypse.. and then suddenly.. you parachute from heaven :D or what.. I don´t think coast is good place to spawn but..

I admit I like this idea a lot, it'd certainly add some variety to the game, but I don't know how others would like it. :H

I don't know about parachuting down, but maybe having Rocket add a couple non loot static chopper or airplane crashes and just add those and the immediate area around them (say like 50-100m) as spawn points to the random list would be a nice idea or maybe have the entire perimeter of the map be spawn area, sort of a lost hiker scenario.I don't think it would be at all unrealistic. Giving too much backstory to each individual survivor runs counterpoint to the idea that the survivors are us. They are our manifestation in the Day Z world. I don't think there should be any backstory to each survivor aside from how they got there, and even that shouldnt be explicitly stated, only implied by the circumstances they spawn under.

there you have the plane:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/54461-c130j-crash-sites/

:D

This would make it easier to find camps, plus, having people spread out makes PVP more likely. All in all, BAD IDEA. Also, what if it was an infection that made all the zombies, I dont think itd just be an instant thing (like a nuke) and you had to jump out of the plane, actually, i think the fact that everyone is on the coast would be accurate in something like this, maybe the army thought it was a good idea to ship people out on disinfected ships into a clean area...

true but there would be snipers just waiting for u to come closer and kill u

Damn a sniper hit a falling guy in a parachute... Really thats as possible as NEMESIS appear in DayZ