shypatrick

Found an M14 AIM, how rare are they?

Hey guys! Yesterday I found an M14 AIM or M14 EP1 in an elektro firestation. Just wondering how rare are they? Some input would be greatly appreciated. Also whoever replies beans for you!

Um its a nice Carbine steady shot i have not seen one in a while but heres the statistics

0.19% in military so you are lucky indeed

• Like 1

Haven't come across one yet. I've gotten an M24, AS50, M107, never have I seen an M14. NVG's, rangefiners, ghillie suits, and GPS's, never have I seen an M14. I'm assuming they're pretty rare, nice catch!

• Like 1

given that the FN FAL supposedly only has a 0.87% chance to drop at a crash site... why am i finding it all the time??? :(

• Like 1

I found one in a helicopter crash. Still using it. I'm not a fan of the Red Dot scopes but it is a nice rifle. Great rate of fire, ammo isn't too uncommon.

Loud as hell though!

Haven't come across one yet. I've gotten an M24, AS50, M107, never have I seen an M14. NVG's, rangefiners, ghillie suits, and GPS's, never have I seen an M14. I'm assuming they're pretty rare, nice catch!

Your missing out on alot. NVGs are nice. Love playing on night servers to explore and look for stuff. Much safer than a day server.

M14 AIM is a great weapon, it's really loud tho, so you'll need a silent offhand :P

• Like 1

I found one in a helicopter crash. Still using it. I'm not a fan of the Red Dot scopes but it is a nice rifle. Great rate of fire, ammo isn't too uncommon.

Loud as hell though!

Haha I agree really loud, but very powerful though! :)
  • Like 1

I just had it trice (three times if trice isnt correct) 1 time i killed a bandit, and I found it 2 times, it is a really GREAT carbine with a really good effect on target, i just shot down 2 hackers some weeks ago without any problems, if you know how to handle it then it is probably the best gun in the game, same as the FN FAL and L85A2 with AWS sight. It is 1 shot kill on zombies and 2 or 3 shot kill on players.

Your missing out on alot. NVGs are nice. Love playing on night servers to explore and look for stuff. Much safer than a day server.

What I meant to say was that I DID find all those items but never an M14.

Haha I agree really loud, but very powerful though! :)

I dunno about the game stats on these weapons but the M14 is a DMR without the scope. Both systems are M14's... at least in the real world.

The m14 is in my opinion the most versatile weapon in the game, outgunning most guns at all ranges, plentiful ammo and high rate of fire.

As mentioned before very loud but if you want to end someones life the m14 aim is the 'click to kill' weapon you are looking for.

Edited by Scoobysnacks

If you like playing at night with NVGs you can count that the players that you are playing with have them too :P

You can never be too safe :)

given that the FN FAL supposedly only has a 0.87% chance to drop at a crash site... why am i finding it all the time??? :(

It's that percentage PER loot drop. So if there are 5 or 6 possible loot spawns at the chopper, usually like 3 guns, possible ghillies/camo, med supplies or ammo boxes, you multiply that percentage times the number of spawns per chopper and there's the chance it'll be there. At least, to my knowledge.

I dunno about the game stats on these weapons but the M14 is a DMR without the scope. Both systems are M14's... at least in the real world.

A designated marksman rifle (DMR) is the weapon used by soldiers in the designated marksman role. The DM role fills the gap between a regular infantryman and a sniper and DMRs have been developed with this middle ground in mind.

DMR is nothing more than a designation. The rifle in question when they speak of a DMR in dayz is:

The United States Marine Corps Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR, NSN 1005-01-458-6235; more formally the United States Rifle, 7.62 mm, M14, DMR) is a semi-automatic, gas-operatedrifle chambered for the 7.62x51mm NATOcartridge. It is a modified version of the M14 rifle formerly built and utilized by the United States Marine Corps.

The M14 AIM EP1 in question is: A basic m14 built after 1966 with an Tactical Aim Sight

Edited by core.-

Very common actually.

All these people calling it rare have obvious never seen a heli crash site.

M14 AIM, PP-19 Bizon, and FN FAL are always at crash sites, M249 is pretty common too.

Edited by The_Albatros

its considered "rare" but the gun is more common then some others in that catagory. it is however one of the most versitile weapons in the game as it has very high damage and with the optics is good for close range and at distance. def one of my fave weapons.

M14 AIM, PP-19 Bizon, and FN FAL are always at crash sites, M249 is pretty common too.

Maybe, but you're pretty lucky to find ALL that at once. Most crash sites are already looted when you get to them and only contain scrap that the previous guys didn't want.

Also, M14 is pretty nice. It's like inbetween sniper and assault rifle. Sort of like a close-quarters sniper and a slower ROF assault rifle.

Edited by .Trooper.

Hmm almost seems like you are too scared to play during daytime, when everybody could see you.

I got the M14 AIM, the best weapon I have had to date, I loved it over my MK 48 and the L85... unfortunately I lost it due to a typical inventory glitch and it was replaced by 10 items I dropped about a week earlier...

If you had to keep ONE gun for all situations, it'd be the M14.

Extremely versatile, effective up to 500 meters, high rate of fire, 2 shots to kill, ammo is plentiful and there is almost NO bullet drop.

Hell of a gun, just lost one in a tent collapse, makes me f***ing mad.