Sign in to follow this  
liquidje

Where to find loot?

OK, I hate myself for posting this thread, but due to limited playing time this is becoming increasingly frustrating. I’ve been playing for two weeks now, generally teaming up with friends and hanging around the southern places and bigger cities for some added suspense. We looted several places like the church and the hospital. However, the last couple of days our schedules have changed and I tend to end up playing alone.

Since I read a lot of people on the forums here who advise to travel north for looting and less PvP threat, so I did this. On my way there, I found several small lookout posts which were lootable. However, now I’ve run into several small towns, which I was planning to loot, but everytime I spend one hour at least to go through town dodging zombies, and I have not found ONE place to loot. My most recent experience is Pavlovo, not a single house I could enter. Sure, I maybe missed one or two houses, but this is a waste of time.

Well, first of, I’m not ranting here about non-enterable houses. That’s just part of the limitations on the game. However, I would like to know:

1. Are there any cities/villages which are known to not have any loot (save for a few (empty) soda cans) in it?

2. Is it maybe so that small vilages/cities are less lootable than the small barns and other (non-military) places you find in between the cities?

3. If there are one or two houses in a city which I can loot, how do I recognize them? I read something about only specific structure models are enterable, and I heard about the see-through window trick to check if it is lootable, but this usually means I have to walk up to the house, which takes a lot of time if you need to check a whole city filled with zombies!

Thanks in advance, again it really bugs me to start these kind of threads, but the desire for knowledge is just too great!

Thanks!!! That will really help. I'll try not to memorize it to not spoil too much! Great map tho’, I see now there is absolutely NO loot there (except food/drinks I guess). I only see some small blue circles in Pavlovo for example, are those lootable houses? Since houses are not in the legenda.

Well thanks anyway, I will try out with the map this evening!

Brown "log type" house with a covered entrance is lootable. Haven't found a town without one of those yet.

Barns or cow barns on the edges of the towns. Some Churches are, a lot aren't.

Some of the non-enterable buildings have had loot in their covered doorway, also the sheds out back have loot sometimes.

Always check for the big red ones. Mostly with dark woodshed attached.

Thanks for the replies. I will look around, maybe even fire up the editor to find those houses you are describing!

Orange/Red apartments, cabins (Some are enterable), barns, the long cow stable houses, Hospitals, firestations. Those are all pretty reliable for loot. You'll soon learn which buildings are enterable and which are not and be able to identify them from a distance.

Barns. The three story barns are good outside of the cities. They usually have a winny, a CZ, or a crossbow or enfield sometimes. Inside Cherno, you can find a coffee-shop looking building which will have a lot of ammo, food, maybe new backpacks, and a 1911 or two. I've found a winny or two there as well. The church in Cherno and Elektro are good places to find bandages, food, and water. Some light ammo such as enfield and makarov can be found there too. Hospitals are good if you need to get some blood packs for transfusions, bandages, epi-pens for your friend's revival, morphine, painkillers. Be warned though, the front glass of the hospital must be shot out before you can loot it. So that might attract players or zombies. Good luck! :D