sparta436

Petition to actually DO SOMETHING about hackers/scripters

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Dev team make ending hacking a priority?

• Absolutely
    • No, i like being turned into a cow and then being shot with a hacked gun

I want to preface this by saying that I am admin of two servers and that I have been playing DayZ since winchesters had pellet rounds.

I've been playing since 1.6 or 1.5 and never encountered any serious hacking until 1.7.1.5.

So like any clan, we have a base. 7 vehicles, lots of tents, some barbed wire and sandbags, all that jazz.

About two weeks ago, we logged in and noticed something different. ALL the trees in the immediate area are knocked over, all tents are flattened, all vehicles are now burnt wrecks. As I'm running around my base, three satchel charges go off simultaneously and I am killed instantly. This process was repeated three times over the course of a week. Server gets restarted, destroyed vehicles respawn, we drive around, come back to base, find ALL our stuff destroyed. We get out to see if we can salvage anything from the wreckage. Almost instantly, there is automatic fire. Most of us die, and all of us that are left are blow up by satchel charges. Luckily, i was up on a hill next to our base, I see a guy running around in a ghillie. He runs up to our Ural, DOESNT check the inventory and blows it up with satchel charges. Thats where the hacking suspicion comes in. Any normal player would check a vehicle for loot, any normal player would loot my teamates bodies, any normal player would take atleast one car. But no this guy strolls along and then just logs out. His job is done, everyones dead, hes done griefing people.

About a minute later, I notice lots of objects in the sky. They get closer, they look like arrows. Then they get closer, theres easily 100 of these objects between me and the farthest distance i can see. They were bombs.

They explode and i die.

I then get kicked from MY server.

My friend goes to ban this guy in the server's R-Con. The ban option doesnt work to ban him. We try to do it manually. His information is hidden from our server logs. He was technically, never in the server.

This hacking thing has gotten out of control. Admins are powerless to stop it. Its completely ruining the game. Hackers have more control than anyone else, even on Battleye "protected" servers.

They're not even there to PK or play the game. They are there for the sole purpose of griefing.

We cant even fight or see them. They will teleport and blow you up with satchel charges.

I find this incessant trolling to be outrageous. And moreover, the information to use these hacks is readily available and its only getting worse. I'm having a hacker encounter every three hours of play. It would be every 5 mins if i spawned at my base.

After the event above occurred, we shut down our server for three days and completely changed the name.

Iogged in yesterday. I took out my map and looked at we're our base was.

There was an "X" on the map at my bases exact coordinates.

It had some text next to it.

"We're back"

Edited by sparta436

Heres some evidence. Idrt its even needed

Two blown up buses, multiple flipped trees, a destroyed ATV. Its the only pic i have

post-22855-0-78428100-1343773436_thumb.j

Edited by sparta436

So send an email to the people who actually need to fix this, battleye. Rocket has nothing to do with the anti-cheat scripts. But sending a discreet email won't make you feel important on the forums by making a redundant and pointless "FIX HACKERZ" thread would it?

as bad as hacking/duping in this game is the story was hilarious. I especially like the part where he dropped 100 bombas ahahaha.

By chance was your tent camp dup'd items? Cause then you deserved it.

So send an email to the people who actually need to fix this, battleye. Rocket has nothing to do with the anti-cheat scripts. But sending a discreet email won't make you feel important on the forums by making a redundant and pointless "FIX HACKERZ" thread would it?

An email cant have backers.

as bad as hacking/duping in this game is the story was hilarious. I especially like the part where he dropped 100 bombas ahahaha.

By chance was your tent camp dup'd items? Cause then you deserved it.

item duping happens wether you do it intentionally or not. In the current version, tents regen thier items following server resets.

Also, where there are clans, there are duped items. If i was being killed by duped items, i wouldnt really care. Ok so id get killed by a gun that someone duped, but its still within the contents of the game. The only advantage dupers have is infinite ammo and infinite gear. The above post is a result of Hacking not duplication.

And yes i can see why you would think this is funny. 100 bombs?

Atleast he didnt turn me into a cow...

An email cant have backers.

An Email chain certainly can. The point remains the problem needs fixing these aren't the people to do it. Battle Eye or Bohemia Interactive have to fix the core anti-cheat or use another anti-cheat program that works. So, make a form letter in an email program and have it ready to be placed into a mail-to link to someone who can actually resolve the issue. Now you can have your cake and eat it to. If you commit to doing something and asking others to do the same, I'll even help you work it all out! Just please "Less QQ moar Pewpew."

The fact he can bypass logs is a bit shit. Alas you do need to contact battle eye about this. It's out of rockets hands.

Just pray rocket will have a working alpha version of his standalone soon so we can all move on from this.

• Like 2

I'm all for this.

Over the last 3 days, my whole team has been killed by hackers.

Including the whole server being teleported to our base and being shot out of helicopters even when trying to move off the map away from hackers.

I had my first encounter with a hacker today.

He was copying the soundboard trolling at first, "... I see yoooooou..."

I laugh a bit and asked if he was friendly cause I was in a barn and watching the doors ready to protect myself.

Suddenly, BOOM! I am dead from an explosion.

Was sad... I was doing the best I have ever done so far.

I had an M154 AIM G17, Camo, etc etc. All legit over the past two to three days.

Yea I'm not the best player or losing super awesome stuff.

But still.. it sucked, but I just restarted.

Just have to have patience and hope something can be done.

Preventing hackers is planned, and will happen, WHEN ROCKET GOES STANDALONE.

He cannot alter the source or engine of ArmA. Thats Bohemia's Intellectual Property. Until he gains the rights to work on this and use their engine to make the game standalone instead of a mod, hackers will be here. Anti-Cheat scripts can only stop so much with such an easily moddable game like ArmA.

Be patient, and put up with dealing with hackers on your servers, or shutdown your server, and play on others. Your lending your resources to the community, if its too hard, we don't expect you to continue.

Also i do recall Rocket stating several fixes coming that include server logs and BattleEye detecting when players X and Y coordinates change drastically, when incorrect item ID's turn up etc. There are measures being made, but only to a degree. Hackers in an open engine on an alpha mod HAVE to be expected, and just put up with. Consider those 100 bombs a stress test on your server.

Preventing hackers is planned, and will happen, WHEN ROCKET GOES STANDALONE.

He cannot alter the source or engine of ArmA. Thats Bohemia's Intellectual Property. Until he gains the rights to work on this and use their engine to make the game standalone instead of a mod, hackers will be here. Anti-Cheat scripts can only stop so much with such an easily moddable game like ArmA.

Be patient, and put up with dealing with hackers on your servers, or shutdown your server, and play on others. Your lending your resources to the community, if its too hard, we don't expect you to continue.

Also i do recall Rocket stating several fixes coming that include server logs and BattleEye detecting when players X and Y coordinates change drastically, when incorrect item ID's turn up etc. There are measures being made, but only to a degree. Hackers in an open engine on an alpha mod HAVE to be expected, and just put up with. Consider those 100 bombs a stress test on your server.

You see, i didnt know about that. Thankyou for notifying me that something is actually being done.

You can't do anything about that. The exploit isn't DayZ, it's Arma II, and so long as the exploit for the game exist as a whole, then hacking, hexing, and injection is all possible.

It's a issue on Bohemia's end, not Rocket's.

This means, everyone would have to stop buying Arma II to send a message because Bohemia won't fix it, but people who wants to play DayZ would have to buy Arma II and they don't realize they are signing a 'screw you' agreement.

Edited by dra6o0n

I had my first encounter with a hacker today, i was happily deciding whether to shoot this desynced guy in the back or not, while all of a sudden the map changes on me, i am now in some Arma Deathmatch map, and my first instinct is to abort and hide in the lobby, not soon after various people are dieing ... unfortunatly i can not see who is doing this, as everybody has silly leet names these days ...

So when i conciddered hackers, i thought of aimbotters, item spawners, unlimeted HP, basically cheaters. As long as they still somewhat have to play within the game's restrictions they still have to find me to kill me. But apparently hacking games has a whole different dimension than the one i'm used to. And tbqh, i sort of feel for these worthless people that do these kinds of things, it must be the only thing keeping them from blowing their brains out, or knowing one will never get laid without paying makes you do some silly shit...

So basically the Arma2 engine is a bit like a leaky basket, and while i understand that in part this needs to be like this to have it be moddable, when these leaks give hackers the option to just break the game and the mod by taking over admin rights as well as basically taking over the game, WHILE it is running... that sort of changes my view on how big the problem is ...

I do think this is the right place to voice these concerns, Rocket works for BI and if his mod is affected it won't be long untill these hacks will turn up in other mods aswell, basically killing off BI as a gaming company ... they are basically shitting on BI's doorstep and if BI doesn't do something about that, it will likely loose a lot of credibility with atleast 1million DayZ players ... another part ofcourse is battleye, and here it will depend on what they can actually do about these things, I mean, plugging up a leaking basket must be nearly an impossible job and it must not be very cool to have one's reputation thrown to bits because the game you are asked to protect can't realy be protected if the Dev's of that game open up every door in it ...

Lastly, do i think Rocket should do something about this ? well seeing him talk about this at some interview or presentation it was pretty clear to me he can not do much about it within the confines of DayZ, so there is little he can do coding wise. Do i think he should point out that BI no longer owns their own game, that hackers are shitting on their doorstep and are laughing right beside it, YES, i do think that may well be within his power ...

You see, i didnt know about that. Thankyou for notifying me that something is actually being done.

Glad i could help in some way.

Personally I think this thread actually belongs in the general thread !

Remembered i still had a screenshot under my [print screen] ... so this is what was displayed as soon as i got 'moved' or the map got reset, I did not visit the website yet, as i fear it may not be safe to do so...

post-49239-0-14650300-1343786248_thumb.j <- click this safe attachement to see the server message...

And yeah i did a search on google and my virus scanner would prefer it if i didn't visit the site ;)

Edited by L0GIN