Sign in to follow this  
brightlitefilms

Dog Suggestion

For all of those that have not been informed, we are most likely going to end up getting dogs in one of the future updates. Well, since the bandit to survivor ratio is accurate in this ratio: 15:1, which isn't how it should be at all, the survivors could use a little boost, right? I think so. And with the (hopefully) new dogs being added whenever, this is how we should do it.

TL;DR: Look below.

We make it so that when a survivor has enough murders and becomes a bandit, one cannot have dogs (which, as rocket said, will aid in scavenging and be able to "sniff out" items for you, I think). If a person is a bandit, they might show so and a dog might be scared of them. However, a survivor, of which might appear to be more friendly towards a lone dog, might have a better chance of being followed by the dog.

TL;DR: Survivors can have dogs. Bandits cannot have dogs.

• Like 1

Would be also cool if dogs can sniff out bandits and/or snipers, showing survivors where they hide...

Thank you all for your support, keep posting opinions and maybe even rocket will take a loot at it. :)

In my opinion both should have dogs but the survivor ones should be able to discern bandits and bark at them (or hunt them down and eat them :D)

That (above) is a possibility.... but I think that it would be best for just survivors to have dogs.

true, bandits get look from PKing exxessively, so survivors get dogs to help them find it

Dogs could add a real nice angle to gameplay in Dayz .....as long as we can set them to attack other people and they are not just a novelty thing as realistically they would just get eaten by zombies or go rabid