jlwiles@hotmail.com

Requesting Permission to lock server

Hello,

I came here to ask for permission to lock the server. The reason being is that our game server admin is not around yet and he is on vacation. Just in case if they don't return back in time for the 1.7.2.5 update may we lock the server to prevent server being black listed? We have sub admins but we do not have the power to update or shut down server but only to look at logs and reboot the server. Only thing that I could think of avoiding a black list temporarily is lock the server until our main admin comes back from Vacation which is either today or by tomorrow we hope. I will not say what server it is but if an admin ask I will give you the information by Private Message. This is only regarding for the next 1.7.4.5 update.

Edited by Tactical_Force

Nothing throws up a red-flag like locking your server. Either find a way to get your admins or figure something out, because locked servers are against the rules and throw up a giant flag for rule-breaking.

Hello,

I came here to ask for permission to lock the server. The reason being is that our game server admin is not around yet and he is on vacation. Just in case if they don't return back in time for the 1.7.2.5 update may we lock the server to prevent server being black listed? We have sub admins but we do not have the power to update or shut down server but only to look at logs and reboot the server. Only thing that I could think of avoiding a black list temporarily is lock the server until our main admin comes back from Vacation which is either today or by tomorrow we hope. I will not say what server it is but if an admin ask I will give you the information by Private Message. This is only regarding for the next 1.7.4.5 update.

Denied. You know this isn't allowed and I don't know why you'd expect special treatment. No, I don't have any power over this, I just figured i'd let you know ahead of time. You probably won't get a response to this from Rocket.

Edited by Valec

Denied. You know this isn't allowed and I don't know why you'd expect special treatment. No, I don't have any power over this, I just figured i'd let you know ahead of time. You probably won't get a response to this from Rocket.

Don't listen to this guy he is just another kiddie that needs anger management(just look at his past post). My suggestion to you is to call your admin. If you are using a hosting company most of their Control Panels are Web Based and he can update from a cell phone or any computer. If it isn't a hosting company then send a staff member on here a PM or Email explaining your situation but don't lock it with out getting instruction from someone of authority on the matter.

Nothing throws up a red-flag like locking your server. Either find a way to get your admins or figure something out, because locked servers are against the rules and throw up a giant flag for rule-breaking.

By the looks of it, they have little to no control over the server but are trying to ensure the server isn't blacklisted. They are at least trying to take this to the correct channels. Being a staff member, can you point him in the right direction? That may be a bit more useful than writing up a captain obvious post.