Swi1ch

Fridge Logic; There is no Bandit - Thoughts on the 'Anti-Game'

I'd pay Crooked in beans to go to a beach and, in front of everyone, kick over sand castles in front of its makers. I'd pay him in CZ ammo to go to a museum and shit on paintings for lols.

Meh. I'll kill people, good/bad, when its necessary, and enjoy it, but when its not? When its just an E-Peen thing? Eh. Not my play style.

Callahan, long time no see ^-^

I think you perhaps missed the point of my post. It's less an E-Peen thing and more a thing that's satisfying in and of itself. Heck, the server I play on doesn't even display player names on mouseover; I doubt most of the people I've killed have the faintest idea who I am. Which isn't to say I'm "xxproleetsniperghostninjaxx"; most would make the argument that I'm just an utter coward and they're not far from the truth. I was just trying to communicate that the act of taking away is where the fun comes from. Not the spoils, not mocking people in side chat, not posting "totally sicknasty frag vids" on youtube: just the part where someone loses everything and I know I pulled the trigger. Satisfaction in a job well done rather than braggadocio.

I'm so glad I created this op before this patch. Forums are full of QQ KILLING and general bucket thinking.

Also, I found a quote from Rocket which fits this thread nicely:

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results".

1. Get a fucking plan.

2. Stop assuming everyone wants to survive.

3. Stop assuming everyone wants to cooperate.

4. Find the people (offline if needed) that want to do these things.

5. Trust those people and nobody else.

6. Don't be part of the fucking problem (avoid' date=' rather than kill).

This IS stupid. So do something about it. Posting "aw everyone kills everyone" on the forums is what people have been doing for ages. Has it worked? NO. So try something else. I see a few groups are doing different stuff, and they're keeping quiet about it. It's obvious from the database those people who are adjusting to the "anti-game" environment and those who aren't.

I don't have the resources or the inclination to balance the game, or develop some kind of punishment system. So that just ain't going to happen, even if it was within the scope of the project (and its not).

[b']So the DayZ world has gone to shit? Good. We're on track then. Because its a fucking Zombie Apocalypse.