Guest cRy

I have a suggestion in regards to DCers...

Guest cRy

If they DC (only when shot - obviously) spawn them in the NW corner of the map (23Km out), no gear.

This is the most fair way. Everyone deserves a second chance.

That would be too cruel, give them a flashlight and a bandage at least...

Yeah, I don't see why Rocket doesn't punish them for DCing whilst shot.

He hasn't done it because it's not technically breaking the rules. It's just dirty playing. When you DC after being shot, you're metagaming, not actually exploiting some bug of the game.

If they DC (only when shot - obviously) spawn them in the NW corner of the map (23Km out), no gear.

This is the most fair way. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Well.. there's already a feature forcing players to in a "pass-out" state where you'll be unable to do anything for 5 min or so :-) I've also heard rumours saying Rocket will implement a feature during logout such as in World of Warcraft, but only lasting 5 sec.

Yeah, I don't see why Rocket doesn't punish them for DCing whilst shot.

It's probably not as simple as just adding a few lines of code. If it was an easy and fair fix, then it would have been implemented already. If it hasn't yet, then you can assume a few things: 1) It's not as simple as it may seem; 2) It's not high on their priority list (like I assume that this probably would be); 3) It's not fully tested and/or working.

You guys are only pretending to be stupid, right?

The reason it hasn't been done in a manner like you suggest is because there's no way to tell the difference between an intentional disconnect, a crash, or someone's internet shitting the bed.

Use some fucking common sense. There's a fix in the works, and it will work. Unlike this hair-brained idea.

• Like 1

He hasn't done it because it's not technically breaking the rules. It's just dirty playing. When you DC after being shot, you're metagaming, not actually exploiting some bug of the game.

This is wrong. It has been stated by Rocket (or someone else on the dev team) that DCing to avoid a fight is cheating.

That is not true. Rocket himself has stated that it is cheating. The reason he hasn't yet isnt because he doesnt want to, but because its harder than you think. He's taking steps toward doing this in the next patch.

This is wrong. It has been stated by Rocket (or someone else on the dev team) that DCing to avoid a fight is cheating.

It is an exploit. Just not a bannable offense. When I say not bannable, I mean the server operator does not have the right to ban said player.

However, eventually this will be tracked by the hive and when patterns are established, you can bet your ass disconnectors will be banned.