wulvgar

you guys were right hackers do own it now

I can't play more than two hours without being teleported somewhere and subsequently shot. I might as well join the deathmatch in Elektro and Cherno.

Yep this game is owned and operated by the hackers now. I can't even go a couple hours without being hacker killed in some way. Just got teleported in front of a hacker with ghillie suit along with the rest of the server while we all got shot.

I've encountered my share of hackers but I play fairly regularly and most servers most of the time are fine. 99.9 percent? Get real. There is no way you or anyone else experiences hacking that frequently and across that many servers.

I experienced it 5 times on 5 different servers just yesterday....it is rampant. You may not experience it because the larger servers get the most griefing. It's pretty sad when I can only play on low-pop servers anymore....

Guest cRy

Sounds like you're one of those people who calls everyone for hackers just because they kill you or some stupid shit like that.

Did you die last night on a server near a bus? Tried to fire your 1911 unsuccessfully, then took some FAL rounds to the gut? Yeah, that was me.Hi!

Play a private server ffs. Hackers are few and far between and when they do show up they are actually kicked and banned. I too lost all hope in dayz until I found the joy that is non-public hive private servers. No disconnecting, no alt f4, no hackers, a sense of community with some people actually being friendly.

It's a great fucking change of pace.

No disconnecting, no alt f4, no hackers, a sense of community with some people actually being friendly.

So basically Left 4 Dead with less interesting zombie mechanics?

Sounds pretty shitty. I'll risk the hackers.

I've played 700+ hours and only ran into 2 hackers, one of whom gave me guns and took me on a helicopter ride.

I'm not denying it's a problem, but it's not "every server" or "all the time" or "ruining the game" and when I did die to one I just picked a different server, geared up and kept playing.

So basically Left 4 Dead with less interesting zombie mechanics?

Sounds pretty shitty. I'll risk the hackers.

I've played 700+ hours and only ran into 2 hackers, one of whom gave me guns and took me on a helicopter ride.

I'm not denying it's a problem, but it's not "every server" or "all the time" or "ruining the game" and when I did die to one I just picked a different server, geared up and kept playing.

No where did I say anything about it being pure pve. It's the same as a normal server, except you cannot server hop and you get to know the regular players. shrug

Hackers are running rampant and nothing can be done about it. The server admins can ban people all day and more will just take their place. Battleeye is completely worthless. Just have to deal with them and enjoy the time between hackers and hacker events. Disconnect as soon as something sketchy happens and move to another server.

So far off the mark.

So. Far.

Battleye is one of the better anti-cheat out there.

You don't have any idea how hard it is to efficiently scan as many memory spaces as you can.

The fix will come you ignorant twit.

Maybe you should actually know what you are talking about before spitting your venom all over the forum, as if you're the most knowledgable asshole here.

I can tell you now, there is going to be a huge ban wave when they fix it.

But there are always going to be hacks.

Especially on an engine that is so exploitable.

You were in the same place 5 minutes later, twice? You can run 1.5km in that time. Why were you still standing in the same fucking place?

Hackers suck but you don't have to make it so easy for them, bud.

Even if he would have run, hackers can see where all the heli crashes are, players, tents, vehicles, and then they can just teleport to you. So that wouldn't really help either, would it?

• Like 1

Even if he would have run, hackers can see where all the heli crashes are, players, tents, vehicles, and then they can just teleport to you. So that wouldn't really help either, would it?

Well if you really want to belabor the point I would have switched servers...

I agree.

Been trying to find a server without people having hacked weapons and without cheaters, but no luck so far.

i actually have only found 1 or so hackers in my entire time of dayz. I only know this because my group and i had at least 10 confirmed shots on one guy with nothing but snipers.

Im sure ive been servered with more than a few though. But having a shotgun 30 minutes into a profile isn't hacking im afraid.

To the topic, as far as hackers go you just need to know two things.

1. They will never own the game.

2. Its not hacking. Just very lame scripting.

The game is over ran atm. I've never seen a hacker before this week, and now I've seen almost 3-4 hackers a day. It's epidemic and making the mod impossible to play.

I have noticed i seem to play a more Rambo into Elektro/Cherno since the hackers got noticeable. Been in and seen some pretty intense gun fights since. Even seen the remains of others.

Just starting to get ticked off at the fact that even if i want to purely survive and play with other people as friendly's (which i have to say i seem to find a decent amount of recently) is going to end up with spawning into a server and being teleported and killed instantly. I might as well get some satisfaction in the fact that at least on this death i was able to fight back.

And yet I've still never seen a hacker or an obvious duped kit.