Blakorr

CB radios

Make CB radios spawn as loot. If you found one, it would be sort of like having the side chat channel, except the only people who would be able to communicate in it or to listen to it are other people who found CBs.

• Like 4

Or you could use teamspeak/Skype like everyone else.

• Like 3

I like the idea, I'm always for promoting ingame communication that doesn't require metagaming (using teamspeak/skype). This isn't an RP server, but the fact that you can talk to other players is an awesome idea. Think outside of the VOIP and try playing the game for the immersion.

"this is chickenfucker, I'm currrently between a rock and a hard place and I've managed to break my leg. Anyone out there?"

"chickenfucker this is cliche_CB_handle35, we happen to hear you. What's it worth for some morphine, to ya?"

"god damn, it's good to hear someone out there. I'll give you some beans and a macaroni for it"

"sounds like a deal, where you at"

... you get the idea.

• Like 1

I think it's a good idea for the RP but player will not use it... They will use Skype, Mumble, TS... but it's a good idea

It could be great if you can hear from the radio the last know location of heli, before they crashed, and if you have a GPS you could be able to know where they approximately

are. But this item should be very very rare. (sorry for my bad english)

I'm not damning players with skype or ts. I'm only looking for the ability to talk to players I couldn't before. CB <--> CB. Not to talk between my own players.

So basically acre mod once dayz is finished?

I think it's a good idea for the RP but player will not use it... They will use Skype, Mumble, TS... but it's a good idea

It could be great if you can hear from the radio the last know location of heli, before they crashed, and if you have a GPS you could be able to know where they approximately

are. But this item should be very very rare. (sorry for my bad english)

no, this wouldn't be be a replacement for third party chat software, it's more for you to talk to people on the server who aren't in your group who you might not know.

and making CBs rare would be pointless because then you would have no one to talk to. i was thinking maybe make them fairly common so that maybe half of the players on any given server have them.

Edited by Blakorr

I am all for making them semi common and making as a way to talk to other people that have them. One of my biggest complaints with this game is the lack of communication and this would be a great way to talk other people within a certain range of you but way further out the voip will allow u to do. I agree with not having just a general chat that everyone can read but at the same time i dont think u should completly limit peoples chat. Yeah people use third party programs to talk just like me and my friend do but i would like to be able to talk to others in the game. just for a example you r pinned down by a sniper in the firehouse in cherno you could make a mad run for it and try and make it out. Or maybe u get on your CB and broadcast across the channel that u are pinned down in the firehouse in cherno. U may just get more people coming to kill you or u may get someone that is out hunting snipers that picks that up and uses it to turn the table on the sniper. I just cant see it being anything but a bonus to the game to have another form of communicating with the people around u.

i don't think i want this, but mostly because i don't want another channel where i have to listen to other people or have more scrolling text on my screen. i already hear them via direct chat radio & my own team we use teamspeak/ventrilo.

i'm not super opposed to this going in the game, i just would never use it.

i don't think i want this, but mostly because i don't want another channel where i have to listen to other people or have more scrolling text on my screen. i already hear them via direct chat radio & my own team we use teamspeak/ventrilo.

i'm not super opposed to this going in the game, i just would never use it.

I mean you could always just drop the radio

thats is just fine if you dont want to use it no one is going to put a gun to your head and make you pick it up. For people like me i would straight up love a way to talk to other people in the game. I for 1 can not see a way this is going to hurt the game i mean yeah if u are using it being like hey guys lets go hit cherno hospital yeah your probably gonna get yourself killed lol.

If u going to give cb's than voice chat can be disabled. Ahhh... if CB's gonna be added, add also a CB channels, so group can use it to communicate with themselves only, and can be funny if some1 will find their channel. The channels can be taken by 4-5 numbers that group of players will manualy enter, so it will be harder to find any ;d

no you dont need to disable voice chat. your still want to be able to talk to people that dont have radios and if your trying to make it have realism+ u want some MMO feel. If you didnt want a MMO feel to a degree you wouldnt be playing a game that is based around the players. So yeah u can still have the VOIP that has the 40m range or whatever it is so that u can talk to someone rather they have a radio or not. But also add in the CB radio to talk with people from further away and add channel that groups can use. But make it so that say im in Kamyshovo i can maybe talk to someone down near Elektro if they are on the same channel i am.

Instead of dropping the radio, why not right click it and scroll down to turn off radio?

Instead of dropping the radio, why not right click it and scroll down to turn off radio?

i guess that could work lol

Have you ever played Xbox live?

Then you know what its like when you give other people the chance to comunicate directly with you...

endless waves of screaming 13yr old American kids screaming "OMG U NOOB U SUX HAXXXOR" and various racial/sexual slurs.

Its a good idea... if we were in an ideal world where the only people who played this mod were people over 25.

You are wrong. You can find a 16 y.o. who is better than 20+. It depends on person. I'm 18 already, and still see idiots that are older than me.

you see idiots of all ages but bottom line is this is a online game and you need ways to communicate with other people in the games aside from the 1s right next to you. maybe make it so you have a option to mute people or something but there does need to be some contact

Edited by SneakyPete