Cyborg Ninja

Is the map handmade for the mod or was it existing?

Oh my god, may heaven have mercy on my soul....

You have never touched arma 2 since you bought it?

Chernarus is a map for the original game, it wasn't handmade.

Edited by Optionism

Its the campaign/main map for ArmA 2, so existing. Theres some changes made to it, like the roadblocks and broken vehicles around the map tho.

You do realize that there are 5 other maps that are like Chernarus as well.

Its threads like this that make me loose faith... As a 3 year arma player it's pretty annoying when people dont see the whole game

Its threads like this that make me loose faith... As a 3 year arma player it's pretty annoying when people dont see the whole game

In all honesty I bought it just for DayZ as well, since I wasn't a huge fan of ArmA. However, when servers or down or i'm tired of running around killing zombies I jump on and play.

Honestly, kinda fun.

I've probably spent more time in Warfare BE these last 3 years than in any other game.

You should all try it out if you haven't.

Nope.i bought arma just for dayz

i also did this. you should check out the real arma II game though, its pretty decent. plus you can use tools like the simulator to get proficient at driving cars, motorcycles, ATVs, helicopters, etc before you find your first one so you avoid crashes.

What pleasure could you possibly get knowing people are playing Arma? I had a few opportunities to try Arma 2 before, and it didn't attract me. I bought it just for DayZ and when the servers were down I tried playing the campaign. Got just to the part of the first mission when those jets bomb the shit out of some village. I didn't really like my first few minutes and that's it. You get dropped of on some hill. Run for a few hundred meters (I didn't notice that my squad was way behind me) I killed all the soldiers around some hostage, there was no one left. And then the radio comes in and I hear my character talking and saying he can't save the hostage. Waited for my squad, killed one or two more bad guys. Then someone decided that we can't kill all of them and called in an airstrike, so we ran back, again a few hundred meters.

Yeah, it's a great military simulation, but it wasn't any fun for me from the beginning.

What pleasure could you possibly get knowing people are playing Arma? I had a few opportunities to try Arma 2 before, and it didn't attract me. I bought it just for DayZ and when the servers were down I tried playing the campaign. Got just to the part of the first mission when those jets bomb the shit out of some village. I didn't really like my first few minutes and that's it. You get dropped of on some hill. Run for a few hundred meters (I didn't notice that my squad was way behind me) I killed all the soldiers around some hostage, there was no one left. And then the radio comes in and I hear my character talking and saying he can't save the hostage. Waited for my squad, killed one or two more bad guys. Then someone decided that we can't kill all of them and called in an airstrike, so we ran back, again a few hundred meters.

Yeah, it's a great military simulation, but it wasn't any fun for me from the beginning.

Answering the first question: becouse all the codfags think that FPS like COD or B3 are the best of the best(and the second one kinda simulative....).

Answering the first question: becouse all the codfags think that FPS like COD or B3 are the best of the best(and the second one kinda simulative....).

Yeah, ok, but I don't understand the fact that people care so much about other people's preferences (not the guy I was replying to, it's happening all the time).

I like realism of Arma, I really do. But for me it lacked a story or anything that I could get my attention hooked on. For example, I love Brothers In Arms games. I play SP games for story mostly.

And CoD drove me away from FPS, practically on its own. I only liked playing with my friends - CoD 2, LAN party, we kill each other. Great fun!

Well add me to your list of people that annoy you, I also purchased Arma 2 for DayZ. At some later point I might try the original game but this is normally not even my type of game or mod ...thankfully it went on sale with steam so figured give it a shot!

But in all honesty anything that gets people to buy the game regardless of why is a good thing right?

Well for me the best thing about it is the editor, I never even bothered with the campaigns.

The editor is where the game really comes alive, there is nothing else like it out there as far as I'm aware. Once you learn it and get into scripting it's very powerful. Some of the modules are awesome - the Ambient Combat Module for example spawns random units on the map and you get huge battles going on, it's total carnage with jets and choppers flying over bombing the sh*t out of the ground troops, tanks and apc's.

I run it with JSRS sound and Blastcore Visuals which are mods that improve the sound and particle fx which admittedly are a bit bland otherwise.

Some of the singleplayer scenarios like "War Welcome" are great too, they're like a real-time strategy game in first person.