Considering

Should I buy this game?

Hi,

I watched a lot of Youtube-Videos of this mod and would like to buy Combined Operations on Steam.

First, is my System strong enough:

Core2Duo 2,33GHz

Geforce 8600GT(512MB Version i think)

2G Ram

Windows Xp

Is there additional information required?

Second, I read through some of those threads here and I am kinda confused about this anti-hacking policy here.

I have never hacked a game, fearing a ban and never will do so, I can swear that to god if you want. But what I read here kinda frightens me. Unjust bans for just looting hacked items, why is there no global script to prevent this.

And the policy of this admin here, Rocket, i mean "Send us an e-mail it will give us a good laugh", are you stupid or what? You should try to separate those who hack from those who don't!

So can I play this game or when will I be able to play it, meaning when will it be save to play without fear of hackers and their direct or indirect actions.

I am certainly not throwing 20 Bucks out the window, just to get frustrated...

Regards

A potential Player.

Hey there

1. Your System is a lil bit better than the minimum requirement, but dunno exactly that it will work.

2. Dunno why you´re scared about the hacking shit if you never ever done it and never will do it in the Future.

3. If you dont want to get frustrated dont play an Alpha Mod.

Greetz DillaZ

Is there a way to test this game on my system demo or so before I buy?

I am just scared because I saw threads here of innocent people picking up weapons or climbing into helis and then get banned as hackers and all they get is laughter instead of help. I know some of them are hackers and they deserve what they get, but to me it seem this game has a flawed anti-hacking-system and no one who investigates unjust bans, or am I wrong?

I know it is an Alpha Mod I just think this is a cool game and just want to know if there is a way to make sure I can play this thing without getting banned after looting items.

Well maybe I should just wait till the mod gets better(is a month enough?), and maybe I will be frustrated after a few minutes, because I get killed too often. I never played ArmA or before just run-and-shoot-ego-shooters, but a realistic game might be fun, so well just loud thinking here...

You will not be able to run Arma II smoothly (30 fps) with your machine. Your CPU and GPU aren't good enough. I expect you will get around 23 fps in the outdoors and in the cities you will get around 17 fps if you are lucky.

I have an HD5730 (laptop version). I don't know the analogue to a desktop GPU or how it compares, but the game runs like dicks. Luckily I'm building a new rig soon.

I have a similar system (if not worse) then yours, figure out how to mess with APOC and change that to 0 and with some minor graphic optimization you can run it, just dont expect to run everything maxed.

That aint gonna happen.

Before you officially decide on purchasing ARMA II simply for DayZ you first need to know and understand that DayZ (at its current state) is still in early Alpha. This means that you will more then likely uncover a lot of bugs and your character may randomly loose its position or items due to a reset. You'll be in for a lot of changes within the development of the mod while Rocket tests and experiments with things.

In my opinion, if you are willing to dedicate yourself to understanding what an Alpha is and how to better the modification, then you should definitely purchase it if your computer can run it. If you do not want to deal with bugs or wait potentially a month for a gamebreaking bug to be fixed, then don't. As far as Rocket's policy goes, he's taking a gamers approach to this. He himself stated that this is nothing but an experiment to see what can and can't be done, his phylosophy seems to be "Lol, don't be a whiny little bitch and treat people with respect, then you'll get respect". It's kind of refreshing to see a Lead Developer be so blunt about things. He doesn't beat around the bush to protect feelings..

Either your in or your out.. If you don't want to help, then GTFO. Its an Alpha for a reason..

___

I am certainly not throwing 20 Bucks out the window' date=' just to get frustrated...[/quote']

I was going to say that Youtube videos only show you the best parts of a game, they won't show the frustrations of an alpha, then I read your last comment.

I agree with Josh, you will have things that go wrong, you will have problems logging in but you'll also have some great games too, for me it's around 80/20 at the moment, 80% of my games are great but I do get the occasional bug/problem, that's not a problem for me, I'm expecting to run into problems from time to time, it's the players playing now that will give players in the future a much better game in the long-term.

It's an alpha and still going through a lot of changes, if you buy the game knowing that and expecting the occasional problem then I'd say yes, go for it.