SwitchBlayd

White Flag? Ceasefire? (Stop KoS)

Furthermore it seems like rocket wants fan feedback and suggestion, yet when people make them he simply replys with a reply that can be summarised as "fuck off this is my game not yours this is my experiment do the fucking rest yourselves"

Im pretty dubious about this "its full of CoD players, everyone just shoots on sight". The number just don't support it. Do you get backstabbed? Yes you do. That is part of the tension and the learning. You need to be fucking careful. Bandit skins were an interesting attempt but they did not achieve what was desired of them, and they're standing in the way of another feature... choosing your own skin. So we fucked that shit right off.

So basically, Rocket removed a working feature because it was getting in the way of character customization, which we pretty much don't have.

Edited by bbilbo1

Now now folks. If you guys want to create a 'we hate rocket' Facebook page then you can go ahead and do that.

He's clearly said that they did not achieve what was desired as it said 'Right, you killed a few dudes, we're going to force you to wear a bandit skin' which you could say went against, not forcing you down a certain path and giving yourself freedom.

How the hell does it remove risk, if that player was planning to kill me he wouldn't accept the request. And good on you for making friends in game mate. At least it will make up for the fact you have none in real life. Someone get this guy a medal.

HEHEHEHEHE

Are you inept? Do you dribble on yourself?

"DEAR ROCKET

PLEASE CAN I HAVE A FEATURE WHERE I CAN HAVE FRIENDLY FIRE OFF AND THE COMPLETE RISK OF ANY INTERACTION IN THIS GAME REMOVED BECAUSE I AM STUPID. NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THIS SUGGESTION

THANKS. HUGS AND KISSES, YOUR BESTEST PAL

SWITCHBLAYD -- THAT'S BLADE WITH A Y."

Even on a gameplay level this idea is fucking stupid.

I'd just do it with all my friends then we'd run about like idiots throwing grandes, knowing no one but the 'bad guys' could die to our randomly sprayed bullets and explosives.

Tactical play - GONE MUTHAFUCKKAAA!

HEHEHEHEHE

Are you inept? Do you dribble on yourself?

"DEAR ROCKET

PLEASE CAN I HAVE A FEATURE WHERE I CAN HAVE FRIENDLY FIRE OFF AND THE COMPLETE RISK OF ANY INTERACTION IN THIS GAME REMOVED BECAUSE I AM STUPID. NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THIS SUGGESTION

THANKS. HUGS AND KISSES, YOUR BESTEST PAL

SWITCHBLAYD -- THAT'S BLADE WITH A Y."

It only removes friendly fire for people who accept it. I'm getting bored of this moron. You can still get killed by everyone else. And plus I'm not even set on the remove friendly fire thing as I previously said. Something else maybe that rocket was going for. Just a start to the idea nothing more. Please stop being one of these classic Internet trolls who just is a moron for no reason. This game is currently Call of Duty free for all on a big map.

Very gamey, totally doesn't fit with the mod.

how about you use fucking voice chat to ask if someone's friendly then gauge the timbre of their voice to decide if they're really friendly?

People want so much hand holding.

Okay, no hand holding for anyone, Dayz should force max deadaim and make players have to get correct sight alignment

Edited by Orthus

I'd just do it with all my friends then we'd run about like idiots throwing grandes, knowing no one but the 'bad guys' could die to our randomly sprayed bullets and explosives.

This idea is in plenty of games. They are called "allies" "friendlies", sometimes "guilds" or "clans" have you heard of them? These are implemented to allow "teaming up" a radical idea in a zombie apocalypse I know, but sometimes you have to think outside the box... /sarcasm.

You have a terrible way of polishing ideas. A short time limit would prevent that from happening. Only letting this option occur every 15 minutes would prevent it from being abused.

Why not just avoid this thread if you don't know how to help in a constructive way? You're just making a fool out of yourself bro. Everyone is watching you, you look SO ridiculous right now.

Edited by The_Man

Okay, no hand holding for anyone, Dayz should force max deadaim and make players have to get correct sight alignment

Completely agree with you mate. This guy who constantly says he's against hand holding yet the game is full of it!

What about gun jams? What about the fact I can "chat" to people across the map, is that too "gamey" for you guys? No? Why don't we force 1st person on all servers, let's have limited sprint, exhaustion, let's take this shit to the max ey fellas, the game is built on hand holding AROUND the whole experience, I mean it's still a video game guys.

Edited by SwitchBlayd

Completely agree with you mate. This guy who constantly says he's against hand holding yet the game is full of it!

What about gun jams? What about the fact I can "chat" to people across the map, is that too "gamey" for you guys? No? Why don't we force 1st person on all servers, let's have limited sprint, exhaustion, let's take this shit to the max at fellas, the game is built on hand holding AROUND the whole experience, I mean it's still a video game guys.

Well I think that mode should exist. I would like to play in an extremely difficult mode without backpacks, stamina, etc. Also a weight system should be in place. More loot? Less speed.

What about gun jams? What about the fact I can "chat" to people across the map, is that too "gamey" for you guys? No? Why don't we force 1st person on all servers, let's have limited sprint, exhaustion, let's take this shit to the max at fellas, the game is built on hand holding AROUND the whole experience, I mean it's still a video game guys.

Also do our guns clean themselves, and how do we open the can of beans without a can opener or knife, or even know how to give a blood transfusion, don't get me started on how we are also master machinics that can fix a wild range of vehicles ranging from Military Grade Helicopters to civilian dirtbikes.

how do we open the can of beans without a can opener or knife

We don't get empty tins after consuming beans so I always thought we just ate the entire can without opening it. IRON IS GOOD FOR YOU!!!

• Like 1

It's fine as it is... in a realistic scenario of DayZ, people wouldn't run around with the world Bandit tattoo'd on their forehead, they will pretend to be friendly and then kill you.

Or they would band together against a rising threat and rebuild society.

While we are at it OP, why don't we just add in a LFG finder, then I can flag that I'm looking for a group for survivor or for banditry. This way I don't need to talk to anyone at all. I can just randomly join groups without speaking one word. You kinda remind me of the the whiners who refuse to try and group up in WoW. They need their hand held for everything.

Honestly, the entire mood in this game, gets more intense when you don't know if you can trust the person you are approaching. I think that's a good thing. I think the last time I had an actual tense reaction from a game was F.E.A.R. That damn little girl and her creepy ass crab walk in the vent...

I applaud that you're trying to make suggestions instead of just spamming ridiculous crap like some people here, I just, personally, think this is not needed in game.

Edited by kentk94

This idea is in plenty of games. They are called "allies" "friendlies", sometimes "guilds" or "clans" have you heard of them? These are implemented to allow "teaming up" a radical idea in a zombie apocalypse I know, but sometimes you have to think outside the box... /sarcasm.

Why don't you play one of those games, you clearly aren't cut out for this one. Oh it's okay guys, putting aside the issue of knowing if a survivor is a risk or not -- Lets just add a feature that makes it OK to shoot friends with no risk. So when you accidentally spray them in a confused fire fight, you have a tactical edge because your ineptness has not cost you a team mate. There's nothing gamey about that at all.

Yes, I'm clearly the moron.

What about gun jams? What about the fact I can "chat" to people across the map, is that too "gamey" for you guys?

You can't. Side chat is turned off and direct chat goes 50 or so meters.

It's okay guys, my character can't go for a shit in game which isn't realistic -- So that's plenty of justification for adding absurd hand holding arcade features into the game because I'm such a bad human being that I can't talk to people in game via mic and assess from their voice if they're actually friendly or not.

ROCKET PLEASE HOLD MY HAND, I'M BAD AT THE GAME AND THAT UPSETS ME. FORUM PLEASE HOLD MY HAND, I DON'T LIKE IT WHEN PEOPLE POINT OUT MY IDEAS ARE MORONIC.

Edited by itputsthelotion

KoS is a flaw in human nature, not the game. You see, there are two main main emotions when running into a player. Survival "I have to kill him before he gets a chance to kill me" and greed, wanting to advance in the game "I've seen this guy first, I could call him out as friendly, but I want his stuff" to get better gear, once again increasing the chance of survival for the party that comes out on top. Basically there is nothing to earn from not killing the other player on sight, (gear wise) but some people believe (Myself included) that comradeship is far more important than a shiny new gun.

TL;DR people probably value your stuff more than your help.

I thought bandit skins were removed because of the incessent spawning in the ocean...

I think this is a bit misguided and open for bandit abuse. The problem with KoS is that there is no penalty for soloing. I think if there were some sort of class system (lose it when you die, you have to find books n such to read up on, and you can only have one class) it would make more sense for people to group up. Yes, blood packs are only administerable by another person but a cow plus hunting knife, matches and a hatchet gives you 6500 blood.

Either way, once you get to a point in this game, bandits are the only threat. If you were able to minimize that risk, this game gets boring quick.

Also do our guns clean themselves, and how do we open the can of beans without a can opener or knife, or even know how to give a blood transfusion, don't get me started on how we are also master machinics that can fix a wild range of vehicles ranging from Military Grade Helicopters to civilian dirtbikes.

And actually learn to shoot with every weapon you find (snipers? c'mon). There are no longer weapons all over the gooddamn place. Crash and die every time you try to fly a Heli (if 0.1% of those who play this game can in real life, I would be surpriced), if you manage to get airborn. Multiple lifes. You make no sound when you talk (direct chat). Engines in our backpacks.

The list of these gamey mechanics is loooong...

Most of the "stop QQ'ing" people in this forum have a very selective view of what is gamey, and what isn't.

I'm such a bad human being that I can't talk to people in game via mic and assess from their voice if they're actually friendly or not.

Cause your tone of voice will always give your intentions away or even hint on you having any hostile intentions.I'm sorry that tone of voice usually means nothing without the body language to go with it, and dayz fails in that area.(due to arma2)

Edited by Orthus

Yes, I'm clearly the moron.

Just had to quote you on that

EDIT: Missed something

ROCKET PLEASE HOLD MY HAND

Edited by CLewis

Cause your tone of voice will always give your intentions away or even hint on you having any hostile intentions.

Did I say always? It's worked for me though. I'm yet to be shot by someone I accepted as "friendly". I don't seem to require some game feature. Why do you?

Just had to quote you on that.

If you have to take a sarcastic statement and try to turn it into a non-sarcastic statement as some sort of "victory", then you're a very special person :) You take that "victory", little guy, I'll buy you some ice cream later okay?

EDIT:

I just had an epiphany! The sort of people who vehemently support hand holding care bear features to create "friendlie" are the sort of people you would not in your wildest dreams want to team with. They're the sort of people who you'd kill quite happily... Coincidence? I think not. :blush:

Did I say always? It's worked for me though. I'm yet to be shot by someone I accepted as "friendly". I don't seem to require some game feature. Why do you?

maybe cause I would like to see more options to grouping(like actaully making in-game groups to tell who are friendlies and who are stangers.. you know since in-game skins are limited.), also I think having body language to fall back on would be a nice and non-gaming feature.

Guest cRy

I'll just pull the white flag and when you do, I'll pull my FAL.

Come @ me...

maybe cause I would like to see more options to grouping(like actaully making in-game groups to tell who are friendlies and who are stangers.. you know since in-game skins are limited.), also I think having body language to fall back on would be a nice and non-gaming feature.

Lets add grouping so you can click "join raid team" and then you can all go kill that boss together in cherno right? You can all roll and see who gets the Lee enfield.