Marou_

This mod has ruined standard games for me

Because it gives me a taste of what I've been unsuccessfully seeking in other FPS games and MMO's over the years. The alpha stage bugs can be really aggravating sometimes, but I'm very happy we get to play it now instead of later. Keep rocking rocket.

Anyone else just had their entertainment bar raised to 11? Do you find the games that filled your leisure time just a month or two boring and lackluster?

i have been creating games for the last 2 years and when i play games now all i see is flaws and shortcuts devs took in theyre games that was untill i saw DayZ as long as you remind yourself its alpha and just grit your teeth at some of the bugs then you are ussualy good to go

but this game has made me feel like i used too playing BF2 back in its hay day

Lol other fps and mmorpg is an epic fail and boring like Diablo 3 which is full of bugs ,no mod tool support and u need Internet to play sp wtf? Cod is the same year

This mod attracts me cuz it's like stalker shadow of Chernobyl

I think this is what a real game is all about. You are given tools to survive. You have given just a little bit of background info. And then they tell me to go and survive how i feel best with the tools they have given. Simply delicious combination. This is how all the games should be made.

Rocket i raise my hat for you. This surely is what gaming industry needs: Someone to show them that how flawed games they are making nowadays.

I still enjoy a variety of games yet DayZ is extremely fresh and it feels like the first fresh air I've breathed in years.

i usually buy a game, get my 30-40 hours in and get bored. The only game i have not gotten bored in was league of legends, Until Dayz.

Pretty much played every game out there, this game really brings out the competative player, always trying to have the top zombie kills or bandit kills or even murders on any given server at any given time.

This risk vs reward is amazing.

This game is exactly what I wanted STALKER to be. I don't think I'll be able to play most games after this. Diablo is sitting there, all forlorn. Only just made it to Act II when I got this game, and I haven't touched D3 since then.

I haven't touched my xbox or ps3 since getting DayZ

I'm sat in front of DayZ as soon as I get back from work

It has me totally gripped!

Rocket... my wife is not happy about this :D

I think this game is so appealing to everyone because the game doesn't say... you HAVE to do this or you must play this way. We have ultimate freedom on how we want to play and it suits just about everyone's playing style whether it be the nonviolent hoarder or the pvp crazed mad man.

Most games nowadays are so linear. Hopefully big time developers will see this mod and start to rethink the games they develop. All we want is freedom to do whatever.

haha i know EXACTLY what you mean, word for word.

i havnt even played any other game since playing DayZ

Even though it is in Alpha stage, I find more enjoyment in this game that 99% of other games I have played, and would like to thank Rocket and co. who are working on this mod.

Great job guys.

I feel the same way, this mod is absolutely amazing. I have only liked a few games this much, but I feel you guys really did it right with this one

haha i know EXACTLY what you mean' date=' word for word.

i havnt even played any other game since playing DayZ

[/quote']

i feel this way to and so does my significant other about me playing it allthe time LOL sleep pff who needs that i gotta eat my beans in DayZ or i may get hungry!

I find that the only other game that gives about as much player freedom as this game is Eve Online. You truly are free to do just about whatever you want, and the metagaming is incredible.

Only difference is that Eve Online's repercussions for bad acts are a lot more severe than DayZ's. Prefer DayZ's approach, though. Getting labelled for bad acts removes a lot of freedom from the game.

Lol other fps and mmorpg is an epic fail and boring like Diablo 3 which is full of bugs ' date='no mod tool support and u need Internet to play sp wtf? Cod is the same year

This mod attracts me cuz it's like stalker shadow of Chernobyl

[/quote']

LOl no.

Aye. Max Payne 3 went out the window three nights ago for me on the Xbox and Birds of Steel on the PS3 has had to take a back seat too.

This mod has got me back into Pc gaming. I'm now looking to get a new graphics card and thats somthing I havent even thought about for the last three years.

Great mod indeed..

Diablo3.. played.. 1 day.. No more.

Battlefield 3. Not even looked at after dayz came out.

World of tanks.. premium running out and i could care less...

This mod for this game is almost too good. Do i care about the bugs.. not realy.. Do i care about getting killed alot.. Not realy.. just a oppertunity to try other things in the game..

This much freedom.. Never ever seen before.. EPIC down to the bugs..

Thinker

I like openworld games, where you can do what you want to, like:

- two worlds 1

- Stalker series

- Skyrim

Yes, these are rpg/action rpgs, i know.

The more I love DayZ!!! I can´t wait going home from work! :) :) :) It has the best of all 3 mentioned games without quests and thats good as it is ;)

Do you find the games that filled your leisure time just a month or two boring and lackluster?

Definitely. I think this is the power of DayZ: to make you re-evaluate what you thought it was you were looking for in a game and discovering that somehow DayZ answers that question within the first few minutes of playing...

It's all the more amazing because, in essence, all Rocket has done is to take a VERY GOOD IDEA and graft it onto existing technology, effectively re-purposing a great game engine to do something it was never intended to do in such a way as to make absolute, perfect sense to almost all who stumble across it. For most of us, discovering DayZ for the first time is like some kind of gaming epiphany. This should not be underestimated.

A game like DayZ connects with so many people (almost 100k 'unique players' and rising...) because it has managed that rare thing: to pare down the very core of a great idea - something we were almost all subconsciously wishing for - to its basic principles and pretty much leave it at that. 'Here's that thing you've been wishing for,' the game says, with a wicked chuckle and a glint in it's eye...

If this was a 'guided', linear experience all the magic would quickly go away. We don't need to see lavish cut-scenes, pointless QTE's or any of triple-A gaming's current fads. DayZ is one of the year's biggest events in PC gaming without any of it.

Turns out we just wanted, all this time, to be let loose in a huge, beautiful, frightening zombie-infested world - but crucially one anchored in some tangible sense of reality; a world we can recognise and one that most of us have at some point imagined for ourselves.

Who knew?

Been waiting for a game such as this one for a looooooooong time. The industry need to wake the %?&$ up and deliver us WORLDS and not CORRIDORS.

Many AAA titles suck because they tell you everything. There is no learning or experiencing new things involved.

DayZ blows this problem out of the water.