TheMachine

Why can't we feast of human flesh?

Come on now, in this situation canabalism would be a massive problem.

We should be able to feast on our fellow survivors when we kill them...

You skin a dead (or unconcious, for extra freshness) survivor then cook em' up with some garlic and shallots, delightful!

Many times I've killed people and they've dropped no beans, I look at their lifeless body and hunger is building inside my belly, why oh why can't I eat them?!

This is a core mechanic (some may say gamebreaking) that needs to be in game immediately.

• Like 6

I think i heard rocket actually considering putting it in, but then the Australians won't be able to play it.

• Like 1

Better yet, let us have the option to sneak up on them and eat the flesh right off of their, still conscious, body. Who needs to cook it?

Edit: In all seriousness, you could make it so people whose humanity has gone down a lot can eat human flesh. It kind of makes sense, actually.

Edited by Sandwichx

I dont even..

I agree, I'm speechless too...

...How hasn't this been added yet???

I think i heard rocket actually considering putting it in, but then the Australians won't be able to play it.

Australia, land of the carebears. They run around in herds like wilderbeast...

Edited by itputsthelotion

Cool idea.. Could be used to affect the humaity level somehow.

Yeahhhhh......I don't think we want that press. To be honest.

Next thing on the agenda will be the ability to rape female players, which will definitely get a no-go from anyone with two braincells talking to two other brain cells.

Effectively we're already dealing with cold blooded murder that is loosely justified by fighting for survival, once you add in cannibalism, the mod goes from a ton of positive press, to a ton of negative press.

There are certain places the mod/game shouldn't go. Cannibalism, Rape, that kind of stuff, while probably common in the atmosphere its trying to represent, are just far too taboo and bring along too many negative connotations.

• Like 2

one answer: rating. despite all the fun, the mod (or later standalone game) needs to remain marketable.

i'd rather harvest all that white 'shrooms... for 'medical purposes' *cough*

• Like 3

Human flesh is bad for your teeth. Can Rocket add toothpaste into the loots?

Oh but... rape would be a huge problem too. How about we add that in? Some lines shouldn't be crossed, eating another human being is one of them in my opinion.

Yeahhhhh......I don't think we want that press. To be honest.

Next thing on the agenda will be the ability to rape female players, which will definitely get a no-go from anyone with two braincells talking to two other brain cells.

Effectively we're already dealing with cold blooded murder that is loosely justified by fighting for survival, once you add in cannibalism, the mod goes from a ton of positive press, to a ton of negative press.

There are certain places the mod/game shouldn't go. Cannibalism, Rape, that kind of stuff, while probably common in the atmosphere its trying to represent, are just far too taboo and bring along too many negative connotations.

I'm sorry, but the jump from cannibalism(especially in a joke thread) to rape just baffles me. How are the two connected in any way? Also, what's so bad about a little negative feedback from the press? Maybe it'll keep out the people who are just here to troll and grief.

They discussed this in the Rooster Teeth Podcast. Sounds pretty cool, and it would work.

Only psychos would become cannibals. I don't care what happens but i'm not killing and eating people.

Another way for anyone to decide in a free sandbox-survival game! :)

I'm sorry, but the jump from cannibalism(especially in a joke thread) to rape just baffles me. How are the two connected in any way? Also, what's so bad about a little negative feedback from the press? Maybe it'll keep out the people who are just here to troll and grief.

They both fall into the same areas of societal taboo they really aren't things you can say "this is much worse than this" eating people, and raping them...are both pretty much unacceptable, and while virtual murder has been a fairly acceptable industry in video games, you start adding in other things that cross the line of societal taboo, and it generates a lot of negative impressions.

And no, negative press won't keep out the trolls and griefers, in fact, to be honest, they'd just get worse.

So nobody here plays fallout? You have the option to eat human flesh in that game. And how about bio shock where you can kill children to gain strength? And that's a line fallout wasn't willing to cross when they were willing to let you kill and eat people for health. And no media backlash for either of those.

Edited by ANGRYVOICES

How about killing somebody, raping their dead bodies, and then eating them? That's why I love sandbox games.

And don't forget - you should be able to do this with animals too. Chickens would actually have a meaning then.

They both fall into the same areas of societal taboo they really aren't things you can say "this is much worse than this" eating people, and raping them...are both pretty much unacceptable, and while virtual murder has been a fairly acceptable industry in video games, you start adding in other things that cross the line of societal taboo, and it generates a lot of negative impressions.

And no, negative press won't keep out the trolls and griefers, in fact, to be honest, they'd just get worse.

There are quite a few "native" cultures in the world, where cannibalism is a part of their traditions. As far as I know, there are none that let rape go unpunished. Eating the flesh of other humans can come in many different varieties. It can be done in a ritualistic, to please a god or higher power. It can be done out of desperation, in order to survive some harsh condition. It can be done as a way to feast for/done some special, traditional event. As far as I know, the only kind of rape is the kind of rape we all know, which is accepted, even by "barbaric" cultures, as wrong. People need to get over themselves and understand we aren't the only people the in world. Expand your views a bit. Understand the world as a whole. Just because you wouldn't do it doesn't mean no one would. Sure, in a video game, it would probably just be abused, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't happen in real life. When people start to go crazy, and people go crazy very easily, they do things they would never normally do. For example, eating human flesh.

I actually thought this myself awhile ago. You can role play a Bandit why not a canibal? Maybe make some suttle visual clues as to wheather or not someone is a canibal, like they wear human ears around their neck or something or even make them wretch if they eat standard food liek baked beans instead of human flesh. Maybe even allow a canibal who has eaten alot of human flesh be able to forage meat of infected.

Also this game gets compared to the movie the road a lot. And gee why was it the bandits in that movie were so healthy looking when everyone else was starving to death?

There are quite a few "native" cultures in the world, where cannibalism is a part of their traditions. As far as I know, there are none that let rape go unpunished.

Except among the adherents of "the religion of peace", naturally. But we shouldn't mention that for fear of reprisal.

I support cannibalism... er, as a feature of a computer game, naturally! I do, however think that there should be some fairly severe consequences, so it isn't abused. Also, no eating of the Zeds. please! THey have a hard enough time as it is. Also they are probably poisonous.

How would cannibalism get negative press?

The press that write about DayZ aren't the mainstream idiots that can't shut up about terrorism and scary shit on the internet.

Gaming publications will just find it hilarious, as will I when I'm chowing down on some nice, fresh survivor.

• Like 1

Cannibalism: "Bored" bandits are now given a new incentive to joy-kill survivors, armed or not.

Listen, in the total absence of other food, a human being might - might - consider cannibalism. It has happened. But it's the exception, not the rule.

In Chernarus, there are multiple other food sources. The only thing keeping you from them is literally walking. If a world like this really existed, nobody would be that desperate - unless of course they were barking mad. Barking mad people does spawn on Earth from time to time, but even they are a rarity - even under extreme conditions.

Rape, on the other hand, would be rampant. Rape for revenge. Rape for the lack of female company. Rape as a last solution to populate the world with real human beings again. But then again, how many females characters have you seen in this game anyway? And yeah, most of them carry a weapon, so that kind of narrows it down. And I happen to think that's completely fine. Well, men could be raped too, I guess, but then again, isn't the ability to kill them enough?

What this game is lacking isn't more stuff to challenge our humanity. It's more stuff that help it thrive, as players are unrealisticly inhumane as it is. Many historical scenarios can be compared to this Zombie Holocaust, for instance Auswitch, hell even The Wild West, or how about The Dark Ages, or even the Antiquities? When times got tough back then, when there was absolutely NO backup, and you could only survive on your own, why didn't people go on raping rampages and eating human flesh then?

Because we're human, that's why.

Even my bloody ancestors, the Vikings, didn't kill needlessly. There was always a reason, like a blood revenge to be lawfully taken (usually after a trial had been held), or because the Irish monks were too eager to defend their church silver...

Sure, trough out history people has gotten mad, and people both raped and killed each other, but there were always consequences. In this game there are none, but there should be.

Edited by kebman