noobdukem

Running around with a flare in hand while shooting me

Just want to ask if you guys have seen this...i know ..sry dont have any proof... but here is my storry. I joined a server at night, besides me there was only one other person on named " human". So i spawned in the top floor of the firestation in cherno. I looked outside the window and saw a dude with a lit flare in his hand runng towards the firestation chased by zombis. So i took out my akm and aimed at the stairs.(made sure it was on auto) usually you can hear a person going up the stairs but not him, all i could hear was the buring flare. finaly he came up the top stairs ... still with the burinig flare in his hand and i opened fire as soon as i saw his head but somehow couldnt hit him and while he was running with the flare up the stairs he opend fire on me and i died instantly.

so am i so much noob that i dont know how to run with a burning flare in my hand ?

i usually dont hit anything if i am RUNNING ... and shooting i dont even think you can run and shoot at the same time or am i wrong?

or was this just noskill hacker like i would asume?

have a nice dayz

so am i so much noob that i dont know how to run with a burning flare in my hand ?

have a nice dayz

yes.

Walk up to it and it will give you the option on the scroll wheel.

He could be walking.

It could look like running if he was using the stairs.

In my personal opinion, It's hard to think that a hacker would use that kind of hack while holding a flare

Still, i could be wrong

One reason why I stick to servers with at least 15-20 people.

Edited by Eza

You probably just witnessed it wrong. You can, in fact, hold a flare, and you can shoot while doing it. You can also shoot while walking, but it is impossible to shoot while running. Arma II doesn't allow it. I don't see how you could even use hacks to do it. And you probably just missed him, since you had your gun on automatic.

Maybe it's built-in punishment for spawning up there.

Just kidding. I have no idea. It sounds technically possible, but overwhelmingly unlikely.

I say you couldn't hear the footsteps on the ladders because it was covered by the sound of flare it made.