Sign in to follow this  
Greenshift

Hand Axe Suggestion

I would really like to see the hand axe as a side arm and NOT a primary rifle weapon. Especially now that pistols are pretty much worthless for killing zombies. Frankly i'd rather have it that way to begin with, I much rather kill zombies in silence iwth a hatchet than use noisy weapons. This is further reinforced by never really being able to hit barracks or military tents without someone sniping me.

So please can someone look into changing the hand axe and crowbar into a sidearm weapon?

• Like 1

Since when are pistols worthless for zombie killing? Both the revolver and the M1911 are somewhat common, and they take out zombies with one shot.

Only something like the G17 and Makarov take more than one shot.

Plus they're quieter than most primary weapons.

And you have to realize that hatchets and crowbars are much bigger than sidearms. Sure, they aren't as big as rifles, but they shouldn't fit in a slot designed for pistols in my opinion.

Since when are pistols worthless for zombie killing? Both the revolver and the M1911 are somewhat common, and they take out zombies with one shot.

And you have to realize that hatchets and crowbars are much bigger than sidearms. Sure, they aren't as big as rifles, but they shouldn't fit in a slot designed for pistols in my opinion.

Pistols do one shot to the head, however due to new patch its a 3/4 bullets from a M1911 and Revolver in the body to kill.

I agree with OP. Hand axe should be optionally prim/ sec. I'd much prefer to have a rifle or something in primary plus a hatchet in secondary for those silent kills. ATM you've to either forgoe a primary weapon in favour of silent kills or

-awkwardly swap primary to backpack (or drop on ground cos starter back pack will eat your primary)

-then remove axe from tool belt,

-switch from secondary to primary (sec. is auto selected when prim. gone),

-then reload axe

-make your silent kill.

Having killed the Zed you then need to place the axe back in toolbelt and re-equip the primary from the ground or from back pack.

It's an awful lot of steps just to quietly take out that one Zed barring your path without picking up aggro.

I'd also suggest:

1) A Melee slot that can be swapped to. The axe is on your tool belt and can be accessed but requires you to drop your gun. In reality you'd holster/ throw the gun over shoulder (the same way you would if changing weapons) and start swinging with axe.

and/ or

2a) A generic melee attack button provided you have a weapon or suitable object in your hand. If your being chased by a Zed and run out of ammo for your Shotgun/Rifle etc would you give up? No, you'd start swinging the butt like a club and smash the Zed's skull in. The animation for each weapon type could be unique too which would be an awesome touch. i.e Pistol whip to the head, rifle butt to the chest, swinging the shotgun like a baseball bat etc. Some weapons such as the mp5/uzi wouldn't be much use this way though i'd think. Maybe even add in a feature that you could potentially break your weapon by doing so.

It'd be a last resort option. scenario: Being chased by one zed, low health, 'fuck it!' *turns round and smashes zombie*. 'aww i've trashed my rifle, but at least i'm alive.'

2b) It would be a nice feature if you could kinda stun with the Melee attack to buy time as well. So instead of just stopping dead to swap primary to secondary (or vice versa), Melee bash the zed with the butt of rifle/ pistol whip, swap to alternative weapon and boom!

It could also act as a 'get-away move', bash the zombie/ knock it to the ground and gain some distance from it whilst it recovers.

3) Also you should be able to perform a running melee attack. Ever swung a bat whilst running at a target? If anything it should be more powerful but take longer to recover from or risk throwing yourself off balance.

• Like 1

Pistols take a bunch of shots to kill now unless its a headshot.

I was playing yesterday and M1911/Revolver was still 1 hit one kill in the chest on Walkers for me...

You can swap from primary to secondary decently efficient, but to swap from primary weapon to primary axe, it just doesn't work. You either have to what? Drop your weapon or place it in a bag you probably don't have space for. Simple solution is to allow axe to be secondary so I'm in agreement. Other simple solution I am totally okay with is easy finds on silenced secondaries such as a silenced pistol. Plus side is silent kills from distance, down-side is that unless your getting headshots on zombies, your ammo is going to burn down from 3-4 shots to kill.

I was playing yesterday and M1911/Revolver was still 1 hit one kill in the chest on Walkers for me...

You don't say..

"The M1911 is good sidearm that kills zombies with a single shot (as of 1.7.2.4, it takes 3 shots on the body)"

"The Revolver is a sidearm that can often kill zombies with one hit(as of 1.7.2.4, it takes 3 shots on the body)"

Weapon Previous Damage Nerfed Damage

M1911 4500 1389

Revolver 4500 1389

For a full list of all the weapons nurfed check out this link, as copying it all over is too much of a pain in the ass since the formatting doesn't hold.

http://www.fpsgenera...a-ii-and-how-it

Edited by Sinvex