Sign in to follow this  
WengaXD

Ever feel guilty (firstkill)

I was walking through the forest near Prigorodky, when I saw two people moving through the forest from Prigorodky with a zombie behind them. I could see that they were both armed, 2 AK-47's. I was armed with a winchester that I had found in a residential area on my way out of Chernogorsk. I was terrified as they were better-armed, but they hadn't seen me yet. I immediately zoomed in and took a couple of shots at one of them, he died. The other turned around and aimed at me, firing one shot, I shot him in the shoulder and he dropped. I looted the dead one, but the other had managed to crawl away and I didnt want to follow him. I picked up food and one of the AK's and was on my way.

I do feel slightly guilty for that as I dislike murdering other survivors, but It was my first direct encounter with gun-wielding survivors and I panicked. Apologies to poor Simon, who was the only casualty of the fight, and the other guy, who I didnt see the name of, as he probably bled out shortly after I left the area.

What was your guys first kill and do you feel guilty for the other survivors?

I'd only been playing a few days, having already been killed by two bandits, I didn't want to get slotted and start over again, so i decided if the opportunity came I would take it. My first kill was some guy with a Enfield stood staring into Zelenogorsk, at first I thought he was a zed as he was fully stood up, I zoomed in to get a closer look, saw it was another guy, I then crept up nice and close and shot him with my MP5 SD. I didn't want to take the risk of not shooting him, i then looted his body and off I went.

Me and two friends had traveled to starry to loot the tents, and we were sitting outside of a tent (Not the smartest idea) trading weapons. giving snipers to the sniper and so on. As we were sitting here doing this a shot rang out and we immediatly took cover in the tents. Each one of us ran to a seperate tent and we sat there for a bit trying to make out where it came from when my friend decided to run to a new tent. As he was running another shot rang out and he went down. At this point it was me and one other person and the freind who got shot gave us the location of the attacker. I took a look outside and saw a man running toward his body and right when he stopped to loot it I took him down with an m16.

That murder I felt nothing for and have since then killed much more innocent people, To this day I feel no guilt for murders as I believe nobody you see with a weapon can be trusted.

Edited by ImGoodOk

My first kill was in Elektro, I was on the roof of the hospital looking for medical supplies, then I noticed someone walking in the schoolhouse across the street, immediately my first instinct was to blast him with my enfield. So that's what I did, it felt satisfying, I love to kill people in this game, but I would never shoot someone fresh off the coast.

My first kill was on the victor of a 3 way (little did they know it was 4 way) FFA over a truck. I felt no guilt whatsoever, but I did feel nervous about looting the site since I'm sure the sounds of gunfire drew every person's attention for miles around Elektro. Truck was damaged in the fight and lost tires, had to leave it, but I made off with some much needed tools and a new backpack.

My first kill happened earlier today in the southern Berezino supermarket. I was in the front of the store stocking up on some supplies and listening to the rain when i heard some quick footsteps from behind me. I spun around just in time to see a hatchet wielding survivor take a swing at me. I quickly darted toward the front doors to put some distance between us, swung around and emptied the clip of my 1911 into him. I quickly bandaged/morphined myself and looted the only thing of worth on his corpse (.45 ammo). I'm just grateful that he didn't bother to loot a gun on his way north, i never would have saw it coming. So no sympathy for him and no sympathy for anyone i happen to see and kill from now on. DayZ is kill or be killed it seems. So be it.

Edited by nihilbilly

First kill happened yesterday, I play the game for a fair month yet. I wasn't so tempted by the murder ever since. I was looting in the huge hangar at the Airstrip of balota. When I arrived between the two halfrounded shaped, a Zombie came out of no where with his claw in my face and his spit all around my face. I jumped off my chair and empty almost an entire clip of AKS in his half roten body. Half calm I saw another running from the field on the other side of the strip. I decided to enter the second Hangar to make my move on the second attack of this brain sucker. My luck wasn't with me, as soon as I turn the corner, an axe wielding survivor swing at me, two or more swing hitted me. I bleed, passed out, I slowly watching a decent survival attempt going down with the hourglass. Then I noticed that my blood wasn't running so fast. I could have time to bandage, and on me was a blood bag. So the countdown was almost over, that dude must have think I was gone for good, he moved toward me probably loot in mind.

The screen flashed to colors again;

- this time my entire clip went off in this not-so-murderer

- He had no chance, he went down.

- So did I almost at the same time, no time to bandage.

I use the Global Chat to let him know how jerky he were.

I finally learned, after several well reflected words of kindness, that the dude was hunted by a another jackass and he refugied in this hangar with only 400 blood. He though I was the guy who did inflect those damage to him, I tried to defend himself.

We are now planning to play as teammates, I could have been save him with my blood bag, I could give him my spare gun in my backpack, but it did occurs differently.

Edited by legrandmawak

I came upon someone in a barn facing the opposite direction, but I didn't have my headset on to talk to him. As I tried to decide what to do he began turning around, crossbow in hand. I shot him 7 times with an AK. It was overkill. I felt bad because I wasn't at al interested in killing him, but I had even less interest in letting him point that crossbow my way.

My first kill was while me and a couple friends were raiding the NW airfield and a sniper killed me buddy and we didnt know where he we was. So we stay for another hour trying to find him and i finally spot him in the corner of the broken wall towards the SW of the airfield. Since i had my CZ 550 i had to get in a 800 meter range. so i crawled a good 200 meters into a bush and scope in for the kill. i shoot alittle bit about the his head and he quickly d/c from the game so me and my group stay for another 3 hours waiting to see if he will return and sure enough what seems like the same guy and two friends show up(not positive if they were the sniper and friends). So i move back into position and and zoom in for the kill my first shot breaks his leg and the second nails him in the back. His other two buddies try flanking us and get one of my guys and then are mowed down by my other friend. a very successful firefight.

I was walking through the forest near Prigorodky, when I saw two people moving through the forest from Prigorodky with a zombie behind them. I could see that they were both armed, 2 AK-47's. I was armed with a winchester that I had found in a residential area on my way out of Chernogorsk. I was terrified as they were better-armed, but they hadn't seen me yet. I immediately zoomed in and took a couple of shots at one of them, he died. The other turned around and aimed at me, firing one shot, I shot him in the shoulder and he dropped. I looted the dead one, but the other had managed to crawl away and I didnt want to follow him. I picked up food and one of the AK's and was on my way.

I do feel slightly guilty for that as I dislike murdering other survivors, but It was my first direct encounter with gun-wielding survivors and I panicked. Apologies to poor Simon, who was the only casualty of the fight, and the other guy, who I didnt see the name of, as he probably bled out shortly after I left the area.

What was your guys first kill and do you feel guilty for the other survivors?

Dont feel guilty. They would have shot you in a heartbeat. What you did kept you alive and gained you an upgrade. Congrats on succeeding where many before you have failed :)