wildleaf

Banned from US9 for killing the admin.

I found the admin, Codeusa, asking for a blood transfusion on US 9. After I killed him he banned me (server notifications says I was being kicked, and unable to rejoin). Nothing I did was against the rules, and right after his death notification came up half the server joined in saying "enjoy the ban." My ban isn't justified, as I broke no rules, and I'd like it to be lifted.

Thanks,

wildleaf

I'd like to confirm events. I was there on US9 while it happened. I confronted Codeusa over side chat channel about why he thought the ban was justified. He didn't respond and just logged off.

Yes, there are a couple of immature Admins lurking around the shadows.

Don't worry, there are consequences for such actions.

~Derranged

Yes' date=' there are a couple of immature Admins lurking around the shadows.

~Derranged

[/quote']

80% of ban appeals never include the real reason on why they were banned.

Yes' date=' there are a couple of immature Admins lurking around the shadows.

~Derranged

[/quote']

Legacy is right.

You shouldn't trust everything you read. Need to hear what the Admin has to say as well and some actual evidence needs to be shown or found by the DayZ staff. Innocent till proven guilty.

If you want to do it as guilty till proven innocent, then I want to report every other server admin other then me for banning players that killed them. They all do it ffs. Blacklist their servers!!!! :P

So, lets take down all the other servers now because I wrote a line of text with absolutely no substance.

When our group saw you we told you directly not to interfere with our video recording. We were attempting to make a film. As part of the video I was shot in the leg. I said to give me a blood transfusion as part of the video, my group denied me as part of the video. You took it upon yourself to climb on the roof stare me down and kill me after I said 3 times. Don't shoot me, I'm recording a movie. I don't know why you saw the need to shoot someone with nothing.

The ban is lifted. But next time learn to listen.

When our group saw you we told you directly not to interfere with our video recording. We were attempting to make a film. As part of the video I was shot in the leg. I said to give me a blood transfusion as part of the video' date=' my group denied me as part of the video. You took it upon yourself to climb on the roof stare me down and kill me after I said 3 times. Don't shoot me, I'm recording a movie. I don't know why you saw the need to shoot someone with nothing.

[/quote']

--------------------------

and there it is. I would have to say that if the logs back that up it is ample reason for an admin to at very least kick someone. If that is the case the player was being a dick.

When our group saw you we told you directly not to interfere with our video recording. We were attempting to make a film. As part of the video I was shot in the leg. I said to give me a blood transfusion as part of the video' date=' my group denied me as part of the video. You took it upon yourself to climb on the roof stare me down and kill me after I said 3 times. Don't shoot me, I'm recording a movie. I don't know why you saw the need to shoot someone with nothing.

[/quote']

Next time learn to read the rules.

BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO EXCESS KEYS OR MODS

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

- Their are only two reasons why you' date=' as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.[/b']

Failure to adhere to these rules will BAN YOUR SERVER'S IP from DayZ.

DayZ is not about making videos. You should have picked a safer spot if you didn't want to get shot. Expecting any sort of haven in Elektro is ridiculous, admin or not.

It is still abuse. It doesn't matter if you had a reason for him to not shoot you - are you saying that any player should be able to invoke this "making a video" privilege and have immunity for a time with the penalty for killing them being a ban? Of course you're going to say no, and the reason that you are separate from those other players in your judgment is because you're the admin. Textbook.

This is not settled until you realize how wrong what you did is.

[/quote']

--------------------------

and there it is. I would have to say that if the logs back that up it is ample reason for an admin to at very least kick someone. If that is the case the player was being a dick.

Ok I'll start recording a "movie" and kick people who kill me then?

I guess it could go both ways...I am curious to see what the devs say.

I can't think of any way Codeusa is not greatly in the wrong in this. He put himself above other players, and abused banning privileges while doing it. The rules for hosting a server are clearly against this.

I recant. If every admin started doing this just to get out of being killed no one would bother playing cause admins would be the top of the food-chain so to speak.

80% of ban appeals never include the real reason on why they were banned.

74.7% of all statistics quoted on the Internet are made up.

:D

----------------

So if I spend 50% of my day on the internet how often would I be wrong?

60% of the time it works every time.

also, this is a pretty huge example of admin abuse, you can't ban people who kill you "because you were filming a movie". Find a low pop server if you want to film or don't give away your location over chat.

When our group saw you we told you directly not to interfere with our video recording. We were attempting to make a film.

This is a lie' date=' and irrelevant.

As part of the video I was shot in the leg. I said to give me a blood transfusion as part of the video, my group denied me as part of the video. You took it upon yourself to climb on the roof stare me down and kill me after I said 3 times. Don't shoot me, I'm recording a movie. I don't know why you saw the need to shoot someone with nothing.

I climbed up the building because I noticed a horde of zombies shambling my way. I did see you run past, but not as a group and not up the ladder. I had no idea you were even up there until I saw you on the ground asking for help. Before helping, I noticed you had the bandit skin, so I killed you knowing that you'd probably betray me after I helped you (plus I'd never killed anyone before :3).

Rightly so, but next time I'll try to avoid playing with children.

60% of the time it works every time.

Ed: "Doctors say that Nordberg has a 50/50 chance of living, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that."

Codeusa, I have never, ever seen an admin come out and just flat-out admit to such grotesque wrongdoing as you have here.

If you need to record a movie as you were doing, the appropriate thing would be to arrange a time during off-hours to lock the server down, inform the DevTeam as to why you're doing this, attempt to make that lockdown as brief as possible, and do what you needed to do.

Your players do not exist as extensions of you. God, I'm a film maker by trade and cannot even fathom traipsing into public places without a permit, using the people around me as ambient extras, and attempting to "direct" them. And then, to top it all off, attempting to penalize them for not following my "direction".

YOUR metagaming and video recording session interfered in the normal play-style of other players.

YOUR metagaming and video recording session was tantamount to attempted God-moding enforced by a penalty, and not only a penalty but a ban.

YOUR metagaming and video recording session monopolized the server at the expense of all the other players who were forced to re-arrange themselves as your "crew" ventured through wherever you were filming, forcing them to move (assuming the risk of loss on themselves from PvP or PvE actions.)

Did you ever stop and consider as much as you didn't want to get shot during your Spielberg Jr. sessions, none of your other players -- the ones who were actually playing the game it was meant to be played -- wanted to get shot as they bumped into each other or acted defenceless on your orders?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but stop fucking admin'ing. My God, the entitled behaviour as you try to educate your player as you magnanimously lift a ban that never should have been enacted in the first place, admonishing him to learn to listen, is just fucking staggering.

I was shocked when the players on my server, the first day I'd had it set up, were surprised that an admin was interacting with them, checking on them through RCon, asking if they were having a good time. I thought all admins did that.

After seeing this, though, holy shit. No wonder some of them have such a negative opinion of us.

Edit: I have to add this as I'm surprised at the depth of my fury over this. I can't blacklist. I don't have that power. If I did, I would, without hesitation. Do not ever come to me for help. Do not ever come to me with setup assistance on anything. Do not ever come to any of my little network of admins for the same. That's about the most I can enact for a blacklist, but I'm doing it anyway on general principle.

wildleaf, it goes without saying, I extend an open invitation to Chicago 1 and Chicago 20 (or whatever they finally assign if/when the server namespace gets defrag'd). This shit is not tolerated by me, and if any of my sub-admins do this, it'll be them that gets banned. And it won't be lifted.

• Like 1

If any other player were to record on your server, Codeusa, would you ban someone for interfering with their efforts? What makes your needs so special?

The fact that you're still trying to shift blame onto the person you wrongfully banned shows you haven't learned jack and this whole episode will be repeated. How many repealed bans will it take before you realize the problem may not be the players?

You are not protected from player actions in game as long as they are adhering to the game design, such actions are not bannable offenses and will not be tolerated. Please plan accordingly if you are attempting to stage an activity, other people are playing the game and are not obligated to follow your rules.

Codeusa said the ban has been lifted. Resubmit new appeal if problem persists.

Thread closed.