nzcanucksteven@gmail.com

Becoming your typical FPS PvP game?

Too many kids, griefers and douchebags in the game, same as most games. Developers need to work harder on mechanics.

DayZ is a social experiment and a mental test game/simulator. (rocket said that himself)

It simply tests your limits of how long can you keep your humanity at highest level and keep moving on.

^^ It is exactly this that makes this more than just another game. When was the last time a game questioned your morality and your ability to uphold what you deem is right? Personally, Dr. Wasteland, MD and his growing group of followers will be the saving grace to this de-evolution to CoD tactics.

• Like 1

Difference between COD and Day Z;

In CoD, buggy networking and hitboxes/detection kill me. Plus it had an unimaginably huge development team + mountains of cash.

In DayZ, buggy hitboxes/detection breaks my legs leaving me to suffer for hours before I am devoured by the undead or murdered by psychopaths as I scream/crawl for help. Plus, this was developed by 1 guy for FREE.

Which one sounds way more interesting to you?

this game is pretty much an online battle royal + zombies

So true, they need to add unsafe sectors every few hours.

i haven't played this game in months because every time i saw someone and said hey im here and freindly they just shot me, regardless of whether or not i have a weapon equipped, i started palying at 1.5.6, and i could team up with 75 percent of the people i ran into then, but since 1.6 something with the massive influx of youtube shitheads the game is UN ARGUABLY another shooter, just slower paced.

• Like 2

i haven't played this game in months because every time i saw someone and said hey im here and freindly they just shot me, regardless of whether or not i have a weapon equipped, i started playing at 1.5.6, and i could team up with 75 percent of the people i ran into then, but since 1.6 something with the massive influx of youtube shitheads the game is UN ARGUABLY another shooter, just slower paced.

• Like 1

i haven't played this game in months because every time i saw someone and said hey im here and freindly they just shot me, regardless of whether or not i have a weapon equipped, i started playing at 1.5.6, and i could team up with 75 percent of the people i ran into then, but since 1.6 something with the massive influx of youtube shitheads the game is UN ARGUABLY another shooter, just slower paced.

The game was meant to be a brutally hardcore experiance in first place.

Dying by a bandit,cold blooded killer or just guy looking for some fun is what makes this game such an awesome experiance to manny players.

After playing DayZ for such a long time kinda changed my temper for the better. (i got more mature approach and attitude aswell)

No more raging or screaming at my screen.

Now i can play any kind of game and laught at my own death!

Edited by VaultDweller

Did it? I disagree. The purpose is to survive both the zombies and the other people in the area. The fact that you have to take into account both the (relatively stupid and shortsighted) zombies and the fact that you might have someone lining up on you from cover makes the gameplay much more interesting. If all you had to worry about was zombies, it would be a simple matter of belly crawling everywhere you go near towns, and not having to worry about lines of sight, cover, and ability to retaliate.It does feel like The Road, and I love that feeling. This is the only game I know of offhand that's like that, and I am glad that Rocket seems to want to keep it that way. I can't wait to see what this is like when it's polished.

That is why zombies should be hording the map in larger numbers to look for "food" also slow them down and add a stamina bar so a player needs to rest or walk, not ultimate running man. So you are not safe where ever you go as zombies can be anywhere and looking for you. As this is a zombie mod ones concerns should be about the zombies first then the players not the other way around otherwhise just remove the walking meat bags and let it be a mirror of "The Road". I dont suggest bandits should be removed i suggest that zombies need to be improved. There are way better FPS games than this one and right now it feels more like a FPS then a survival mod.

Side note for all dickheads and not the person im quoting - No im not gonna go back to CoD it sucks BF3 is much better.

Edited by derailed000
  • Like 1

Would people agree though that less people use the in game chat to talk to people now due to the fear of being killed?

I would say yes, but yesterday i found a server with side chat on but plenty of assholes... for example i went to a player, he shoot one time with his pistol, i didn't shot him back (trying to be frieldly to get transfution, he was just spawned -i think- with m1911 only, and i had only a revolver and 5k blood),

he was writing in global that he wasn't a bandit, but that time i scared him...

And everyone in Elektro was pvp (like always) but i got killed also in kamencha.

Another day, in a side chat enabled server there was a guy with the bus that was picking up everyone, he just wanted people to "stand in a fashionable line at the bus stops".

Too sad i havn't found a rocket launcher for a Killionare multikill.

Besides, nothing apart the murder count really matters in this game, so it has become a deathmatch into a huge map.

• Like 1

God what's wrong with everyone these days? Nobody wants any risk, hate the people who've risked their lives before them and despise anyone with better gear.

I'm one of the sniper. I'll AS50 til I die. Did it just appear in my hands one day? No, i risked my ass at the airfield and narrowly got away. I'll shoot anyone i see in the vicinity or anyone who looks like they pose a threat. When any survivor can be running around 'unarmed' with a gun in their pack it just isn't worth the risk.

I've played countless FPS's over the years as i'm sure we all have and this one is not typical in the slightest. It's massive, terrifying and immersive.

When the people who don't like dayz learn to slip off in to the night and stop playing?

Might not be a typical FPS, but its a deathmatch game, I can count on my fingers the times that someone acted friendly with me SHIT I divided by zero :(

Yes, everyone that I saw or didnt even see KOS'd me, so Im doing the same, with 23 murders and 6 bandits kill so far.

• Like 1

... the "problem" is that you can hop servers with your gear whenever you want.

If you were forced to stay with your complete character on one server, you would probably think about being the guy that jumps around for fun, shooting whatever runs along.

Eventually your server would know who you are, where you hide and could decide to chase you down, so server population could keep their world as "clean" as they like it to be.

But by being able to hop servers fully equipped (even while engaged, which is clearly cheating/exploiting as well), your actions don't have a real consequence, because you will not meet the same players every time and if you die, equipment is fairly easily obtained if you are only out there for killing spree.

So there should be something implemented that forces you to stay on one server with your character (like your tents and vehicles do) and for those who equip twinks on other servers maybe a limit of say max. three characters (I'd prefer only two, just for being able to play if your home server is down) being alive at once on different servers.

I really think you would see a decrease in silly killing then.

Edited by @ndreas

Too long to read, sorry. In short, the answer is that the game is a sandbox, and people will do what they want. Honestly, I've seen it ebb and flow like the tide: Sometimes, everyone is a bandit, other times people are more helpful then usual.

Not sandbox... not by a long shot. Openworld and freeroaming, yes, but not sandbox.

• Like 1

God what's wrong with everyone these days? Nobody wants any risk, hate the people who've risked their lives before them and despise anyone with better gear.

I'm one of the sniper. I'll AS50 til I die. Did it just appear in my hands one day? No, i risked my ass at the airfield and narrowly got away. I'll shoot anyone i see in the vicinity or anyone who looks like they pose a threat. When any survivor can be running around 'unarmed' with a gun in their pack it just isn't worth the risk.

I've played countless FPS's over the years as i'm sure we all have and this one is not typical in the slightest. It's massive, terrifying and immersive.

When the people who don't like dayz learn to slip off in to the night and stop playing?

I dont think you understood the point of the OP - im not saying that killing other players is bad. I also have good gear myself so im not hating on people with good gear. Im saying that ive noticed a massive change of how the game is being played. Im saying that its become more of a kill on sight for ALL players. Not just the ones who have good gear. That the game has become less of a 'lets team up game' and that there is less communication between players at all, even if its just saying Hello or friendly over direct communication - especially for new players on the water.

Also your saying nobody wants risk yet "I'll shoot anyone i see in the vicinity or anyone who looks like they pose a threat"...lol. but thats just the troll within me starting to emerge.

Edited by NZStalker
  • Like 1

It is but will never be like COD. Some people go over board on killing people which I think is stupid, but hey everyone's different.

• Like 1

I think the point is. This game was made to be seen from a more co-op perspective and having some rare bandits. Thing is nowadays being a bandit is the rule. Everyone is one.

That is how I see it.

Edited by Dickhat
  • Like 1

Not sandbox... not by a long shot. Openworld and freeroaming, yes, but not sandbox.

Open world.

Free roaming.

Player-driven objectives and goals.

Non linear.

Emergent play.

Tell me, what are we missing before it's a sandbox?

I'm really curious how we are a "long shot" away.

Please be specific.

Prediction: Long-winded answer that can be summarized as "more mechanics to play with." Which, like, yeah. The sandbox is under construction.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 1

Open world.

Free roaming.

Player-driven objectives and goals.

Non linear.

Emergent play.

Tell me, what are we missing before it's a sandbox?

I'm really curious how we are a "long shot" away.

Please be specific.

Prediction: Long-winded answer that can be summarized as "more mechanics to play with." Which, like, yeah. The sandbox is under construction.

I thought a traditional sandbox game was more like Valves Garys Mod, where you can make you own things and your own mechanics...

But I may be totally wrong there.

EDIT: Correction. Just googled it and a sandbox game is:

An OPEN WORLD is a type of video level design where a player can roam freely through a virtual world and is given considerable freedom in choosing how or when to approach objectives.

OR

Sometimes, open world gaming is included as a game mode in a game that is not mainly open world (a prominent example being the Forge mode in Halo 3 and Halo Reach). These modes usually grant you access to a set of existing components such as walls and doors, as well as gameplay objects like vehicles and weapons.

- So guess I was kinda right....

Edited by NZStalker