oleg86@msn.com

Towns up North (except for Staruy) are totally useless & empty of activity

Staruy only have activity because of military tents.

why are they all useless? because of cooked meat and water bottles.

there is just no point to go there atm...

either remove cooked meat and water bottles or introduce a new consumable required for you to eat meat and drink water ( salt & water filter?).

Let it spawn in residential areas and make them stackable (10 a slot?).

maybe place military tents (just less of them) in the rest of the towns? '

whatever is the solution, one is needed

• Like 1

Just not true from my experience. A player could be anywhere.

Yesterday I was trying to take a bus north and was trying to pass through Rogovo (little northern place).. had some difficulty passing a road block..then i realise my tyres are down. was just about to get out and see if i had bust them on the roadblock when a sniper round hits the front window. then i hear pistol shots. This was on a server with 4/50 when i joined just earlier.

ppl could be anywhere

• Like 3

No, I've met lots of players in towns to the south-west of nwaf. Those, that contain office buildings and general stores.

Northern towns are not dead. You just don't notice anybody because you make too much noise tromping around in the woods. Most people in the north (including me) probably don't want to die. So if they see someone, they're not going to just open fire but instead try to sneak around.

That's what I do, anyway.

• Like 4

+1 to OP. Towns up north are DEAD.

Its a fucking zombie apocalypse... you want that shit to be like New York City?

• Like 8

Its a fucking zombie apocalypse... you want that shit to be like New York City?

I don't get your point sorry.

I'm very familiar with the towns that do and do not have stores. It's the towns that do not have stores and are up north that are dead. Sure there may be the occasional passerby but for the most part it's dead. Know why? Because there is no point in going there.

"orthern towns are not dead. You just don't notice anybody because you make too much noise tromping around in the woods. Most people in the north (including me) probably don't want to die. So if they see someone, they're not going to just open fire but instead try to sneak around.

That's what I do, anyway. "

So let me get this right here. I don't see people because I make too much noise in the woods? I'm not talking about woods. I'm talking about towns. Congrats and role playing a ninja though. Sounds fun.

Not every place needs to be Boomheadshot-roflmao-trollolololol-town. I like northern towns because they're quieter, but you can never be 100% sure uou won't bump into a player there.

• Like 5

On my last try-to-stay-alive-as-long-as-possible stint, I spent three in-game weeks making daily trips from my camp up in the Northwest down to the string of Deer Stands along the Northwest edge of the map, hitting up the 4 near Myshkino, then going into Pustoshka to hit up the church and the supermarket, then swinging up to Vybor to loot the school and the supermarket there, then heading back up North to my camp. If I was feeling particularly daring, or wanted to try my luck with military loot, I went to the NW Airfield.

I made it to day 26 before I was killed by a teleporting god-mode hacker. I deliberately never went near Stary Sobor or any of the coastal towns specifically because they're hot-zones for PvP, and I was trying to survive as long as possible. For those of us not driven by PvP, and are interested in the survival aspects of this game, the towns up North are excellent.

• Like 9

Yeah, and the fact that all the towns north of Cherno and Elektro are dead is just the way I like it. I hit these towns up all the time for supplies on my way to the NE / NW airfield. There are many times I stock up on beans/soda/knives/maps, etc etc....

Sorry, but just because YOU think they are useless, does not mean they are. Not everyone plays the same way. Not everyone gets immediate access to water bottles and a hunting knife/matches...

By your ass backwards logic, last time I was in Elektro there was no loot and nobody was in the town. It should probably be removed because it's useless... :rolleyes:

Vybor is by far my favorite town in the game. plenty of buildings and houses that can be looted, great proximity to the NWAF, and I can't count how many times I've found multiple heli crashes to the direct south of it.

Bottom line: if you think the northern cities are useless you have piss-poor map knowledge.

• Like 1

First time I found nightvision, the three of us were crouch-walking through Rogovo and we got capped, in the pitch black of night.

We assumed the town would be empty. I bet Mr. Sniper was happy.

I tend to agree.

I think it's beause there is absolutely NO chance of getting any good gear in most of those towns, so why risk going into the zombie hive?

Loot needs to be much more random and there needs to be a chance that you'll find that AWESOME piece of kit in unexpected places...Give me a reason to look in some of these towns, because at the moment, I just go around the deer stands and barns and visit the odd grocery store.

I tend to agree.

I think it's beause there is absolutely NO chance of getting any good gear in most of those towns, so why risk going into the zombie hive?

Loot needs to be much more random and there needs to be a chance that you'll find that AWESOME piece of kit in unexpected places...Give me a reason to look in some of these towns, because at the moment, I just go around the deer stands and barns and visit the odd grocery store.

Exactly. I just want a reason to go in.

• Like 2

there is usually a decent amount of player action in berezino. 9 times out of 10 i will hear gunfire while i'm taking my loot route through the city.

• Like 2

Brezino has 2 stores, hospitals, military tents, factory and a few other nice areas to loot. I'm talking about towns like Petrovka and Gvozdno

Staruy only have activity because of military tents.

why are they all useless? because of cooked meat and water bottles.

there is just no point to go there atm...

either remove cooked meat and water bottles or introduce a new consumable required for you to eat meat and drink water ( salt & water filter?).

Let it spawn in residential areas and make them stackable (10 a slot?).

maybe place military tents (just less of them) in the rest of the towns? '

whatever is the solution, one is needed

You are wrong.

Yes, loot is scarce sometimes, especially in those towns. But so are players. I've survived for 40 days regularly visiting the NWAF, thanks to being able to retreat to the towns in the north. It is a safe place from players. (if you really are scared of the "zombie hordes", you need to get a bit better at survival because the zombies are your least concern).

For example, Lopatino has lots of vehicle parts and industrial sheds, making it ideal for kitting out a car. There are several vehicle spawns nearby (Hatchback, ATV, Ural, Heli). Some places offer loot, some places offer solitude and safety. And it is also quite easy to set up camp in those areas, at least for a day or so before it is discovered.

Keep the north as it is. Need your loot rush? You have Cherno, Stary, Elektro, Berezino, Zelenogorsk, Gorka, 3 airfields. And if all those seem to scary for you, there are loads of deerstands where to zombie hordes will leave you alone and the military gear is ripe.

• Like 1

You are wrong.

Yes, loot is scarce sometimes, especially in those towns. But so are players. I've survived for 40 days regularly visiting the NWAF, thanks to being able to retreat to the towns in the north. It is a safe place from players. (if you really are scared of the "zombie hordes", you need to get a bit better at survival because the zombies are your least concern).

For example, Lopatino has lots of vehicle parts and industrial sheds, making it ideal for kitting out a car. There are several vehicle spawns nearby (Hatchback, ATV, Ural, Heli). Some places offer loot, some places offer solitude and safety. And it is also quite easy to set up camp in those areas, at least for a day or so before it is discovered.

Keep the north as it is. Need your loot rush? You have Cherno, Stary, Elektro, Berezino, Zelenogorsk, Gorka, 3 airfields. And if all those seem to scary for you, there are loads of deerstands where to zombie hordes will leave you alone and the military gear is ripe.

No YOU are wrong.

What are you talking about " a safe place to go". You see the MILES AND MILES OF WOODS? Far safer. Pro tip. Free!

I believe these towns are great for those just looking to stock up on food but people are not thinking ahead here.

Those who say this game is ruined by pvp and then say we're fools to make northern towns more "attractive" are not getting it.

Making every town, including those in the north, unique by having specific drops would reduce pvp. Spreading the amount of payers, instead of concentrating them in Cherno, electro, and stary would force snipers to move.

No city would be an ambush location if other cities were as significant. This is the way to reduce mass pvp without forcing anyone into a play style or bandit skin.

Example: one town is known for having a stock of anibiotics, 2 towns may have barracks off the edges of them to spread the military grade loot areas, maybe more towns have quarantine zones that consist of military tents, others have stocked supermarkets with a higher % of food, and so forth.

Every town would have a reason to visit it per say. Now, with this I believe spawn rates for military weapons become more scarce. Just because they have more spawn locations does not mean you'll hit jackpot every time.. But it would encourage you to venture to the next set of tents in a perfect world (without server hopping.)

If you find places in the game pointless because of water bottles and cooked meat then don't use them. You don't have to come crying to get features removed because there aren't enough "maps" for you to deathmatch in.

And, frankly, I run in to plenty of players in the nothern towns. I had a Mexican stand-off in one just last night.

• Like 2

because everyone think the north is dead they asume it's safer to store their loot somewhere there.

a few clanmates and I raided about 3 player camps in the north :)

I believe these towns are great for those just looking to stock up on food but people are not thinking ahead here.

Those who say this game is ruined by pvp and then say we're fools to make northern towns more "attractive" are not getting it.

Making every town, including those in the north, unique by having specific drops would reduce pvp. Spreading the amount of payers, instead of concentrating them in Cherno, electro, and stary would force snipers to move.

No city would be an ambush location if other cities were as significant. This is the way to reduce mass pvp without forcing anyone into a play style or bandit skin.

Example: one town is known for having a stock of anibiotics, 2 towns may have barracks off the edges of them to spread the military grade loot areas, maybe more towns have quarantine zones that consist of military tents, others have stocked supermarkets with a higher % of food, and so forth.

Every town would have a reason to visit it per say. Now, with this I believe spawn rates for military weapons become more scarce. Just because they have more spawn locations does not mean you'll hit jackpot every time.. But it would encourage you to venture to the next set of tents in a perfect world (without server hopping.)

scattering start points all across the map would help, too. part of the reason cherno and electro are so crowded is they're close to spawn points. and the bandits that like to hunt noobs know this, so they are drawn to those cities because they want to get kills. if you spread out the spawns more, there won't be such a large concentration of new characters in those two cities and the bandits will likewise spread out.

If you find places in the game pointless because of water bottles and cooked meat then don't use them. You don't have to come crying to get features removed because there aren't enough "maps" for you to deathmatch in.

And, frankly, I run in to plenty of players in the nothern towns. I had a Mexican stand-off in one just last night.

Oh boy you are so right! The current map is just perfect.and there are no problems at all with it. It's such a fortunate coincidence that it wasn't even made for Dayz.! Oh boy, oh boy!

• Like 1