Sign in to follow this  
Dafaq

Rifles which to choose and why?

This thread will be about what rifle ( not snipers ) you like, why you like them, and why you think they are good.

I will start by asking a question.

Which out of the 4 is the best?

M4A1 HWS M203 <--- i currently have this one

AK74

AKM

and AK74 Kobra

i mainly ask because i have the top one but i often see the other 3 at NW airfield. just wanted to know which one is best!

I really like the M16A2. The plain, unadorned, un-tacticool'ed look reminds me of the first First Blood movie. It seems like it's civilian enough to be logical while being powerful and accurate enough to be deadly. Plus, ammo is relatively common.

I use my silenced m4, because even though ammo is less common to come by, the ability to shoot and not attract zombies or players is just a huge advantage. If there was a silenced AK-47 I would choose that over the m4.

I used to always roll with an M24 in my back pack for "self defense at 1000 m" and a Winnie in hand for zombie killing, but now that the ammo has been chopped down, I've actually bothered to pick up an AKM. The ammo is about the same scarcity as the Winnie, with the bonus of there being 30 rounds in a mag.

Yeh akm is so easy to find and ammo is everywhere but m4 sd is my wep of choice or dmr :)

I usually go for the largest caliber I can find, any weapon that can inflict massive trauma to dispatch my opponent as quickly as possible, especially when you factor in any lag/desync on either side. You can't always make perfect headshots point blank.

Lee Enfield, AKM, or crossbow.

I plan to either kill you in one hit or make sure your friends don't locate me due to shooting.

I used to always roll with an M24 in my back pack for "self defense at 1000 m"

Judge: How do you plead?

Mr.Delicious: Innocent sir' date=' he was aiming at me with his Makaroni![/b']

TJ |RUS|' pid='58112' dateline='1337837319']

I use my silenced m4' date=' because even though ammo is less common to come by, the ability to shoot and not attract zombies or players is just a huge advantage. If there was a silenced AK-47 I would choose that over the m4.

[/quote']

ONLY reason you could choose any soviet rifle here over a nato one is cuz they got plenty ammo , the M4 SD even in full auto has far less recoil and is thus much more accurate. Not to mention if there were a silenced ak-47 its ammo should still be very rare.

i would go with the Kobra it has tritium sight so you can aim easier even in the dark when iron sights go to hell. other than that find a M4a3 or m4a1 SD

I'm currently using my M4A1 CCO SD and love it, its amazing to be able to pick out 1 zombie and not have the rest of the town pull as well as the fact that players can't hear you either.

I carry an M16A4 ACOG in my backpack for longer range engagements, as the range on the M4 is not impressive.

Thankfully I have so far found 2 ammo boxes with STANAG mags, so ammo is not a problem, yet :P

I like the M16. It's burstfire is wonderful for dealing with players, and its semi is great for picking off Zack from any distance really. Plus it's not that loud compared to some, and ammo is pretty plentiful.

In no particular order:

The lee: Excellent accuracy and unmatched stopping power. Now if only it had an ACOG

M4A1 Supressed: Excellent stealthy workhorse.

M16A2: General pvp work, ive seen a friend of mine drop three survivors in less than two seconds with this. He scares me...

I've been using the M4A3 CCO with mounted flashlight for a while. The flashlight is good in emergency situations at night, but has obvious drawbacks. The rifle itself is handy out to 300m and the aimpoint allows for excellent quick target acquisition.

However I really try to work in dangerous areas with at least one other person who complements my short range capabilities with an ACOG or a DMR.

AKM. Great round size, availability, hitting power, range, and great for anti-player/zombie power. Plus I love the look.

I've been using the M4A3 CCO with mounted flashlight for a while. The flashlight is good in emergency situations at night' date=' but has obvious drawbacks. The rifle itself is handy out to 300m and the aimpoint allows for excellent quick target acquisition.

However I really try to work in dangerous areas with at least one other person who complements my short range capabilities with an ACOG or a DMR.

[/quote']

I'm using the M4A3 CCO myself, which I love for the flashlight also. I like being able to switch to full auto if I'm about to enter a building with potential dangers lurking inside.

Other than that, I'd love ANY kind of suppressed rifle, for obvious reasons.

I'm loving my m16 Acog

I like the M16. It's burstfire is wonderful for dealing with players' date=' and its semi is great for picking off Zack from any distance really. Plus it's not that loud compared to some, and ammo is pretty plentiful.

[/quote']

Have to agree with this, the M16A4 ACOG is more than capable of picking off anyone from within DayZ's fog distance. Especially if you know how to use the mil-dots (even if you don't re-adjusting for follow up shots is usually easily done before potential enemies even have a chance of pinpointing your location). Ammunition is relatively abundant & if you're playing legitimately it more than fills the role of the M4A1 CCO SD & DMR in the bag combo that a lot of people seem to be praising so much (have these people even tried looking for magazines? Or do they spend all day loot piling & duping?). On servers with crosshairs enabled (most servers that people play on) it's just as effective a CQB weapon as the M4A1. It doesn't have the punch of the AKM but it shines way too bright in other areas for me to consider choosing the AKM over it.

All in all the M16A4 ACOG + M9 SD trumps anything any day as long as you play it to your advantage. Don't believe me? Try it out in the Armory and tell me you'd honestly choose a DMR over it.

had the M4A1 CCO took the A3 CCO off a bandit I killed, I like the A3 as the foregrip seems to reduce the 'swing' when turning, well it seems more steady to me plus in the dark the light has been handy on the odd occasion.

Though when entering towns I tend to switch to the 1911 as my zombie stopper rather than bringing the whole town on me using the M4.

I'm loving my m16 Acog

I like the M16. It's burstfire is wonderful for dealing with players' date=' and its semi is great for picking off Zack from any distance really. Plus it's not that loud compared to some, and ammo is pretty plentiful.

[/quote']

Have to agree with this, the M16A4 ACOG is more than capable of picking off anyone from within DayZ's fog distance. Especially if you know how to use the mil-dots (even if you don't re-adjusting for follow up shots is usually easily done before potential enemies even have a chance of pinpointing your location). Ammunition is relatively abundant & if you're playing legitimately it more than fills the role of the M4A1 CCO SD & DMR in the bag combo that a lot of people seem to be praising so much (have these people even tried looking for magazines? Or do they spend all day loot piling & duping?). On servers with crosshairs enabled (most servers that people play on) it's just as effective a CQB weapon as the M4A1. It doesn't have the punch of the AKM but it shines way too bright in other areas for me to consider choosing the AKM over it.

All in all the M16A4 ACOG + M9 SD trumps anything any day as long as you play it to your advantage. Don't believe me? Try it out in the Armory and tell me you'd honestly choose a DMR over it.

Finding DMR mags is easy. I only carry 2-3 on me at a time as i dont use it againced zombies so im always throwing mags away. Its best used when covering my friend while he moves in. If he runs into trouble i'll assist but usually i'll just keep an eye and warn him of dangers. And an M16 ACOG is not a substitute for a long range accurate weapon, it has terrible grouping at 300m+. The bullet drops much more and loses a ton of damage at range, so you would need 2+ rounds to drop someone.

I'm loving my m16 Acog

[/quote']

Finding DMR mags is easy. I only carry 2-3 on me at a time as i dont use it againced zombies so im always throwing mags away. Its best used when covering my friend while he moves in. If he runs into trouble i'll assist but usually i'll just keep an eye and warn him of dangers. And an M16 ACOG is not a substitute for a long range accurate weapon, it has terrible grouping at 300m+. The bullet drops much more and loses a ton of damage at range, so you would need 2+ rounds to drop someone.

In a group I can see the DMR being useful but the grouping at 300 meters is definitely not bad. I've made more than a fair share of kills at 600m using less than 3 rounds & virtually every engagement i've got into happen within that distance. If you're camping out on a hill with a DMR and you see me first I probably deserve to die, but with the M16A4 ACOG the reverse applies just as well. The mil-dots are definitely accurate & the 30 round magazine leaves a lot of room for engaging multiple people. I do know that DMR mags are quite easy to find however, I should have been more specific as I was talking more about the STANAG SD mags. I just value the versatility of the M16A4 w/ ACOG over the DMR. I can definitely see why some people would prefer the DMR however.

I used to always roll with an M24 in my back pack for "self defense at 1000 m"

Judge: How do you plead?

Mr.Delicious: Innocent sir' date=' he was aiming at me with his Makaroni![/b']

TJ |RUS|' pid='58112' dateline='1337837319']

I use my silenced m4' date=' because even though ammo is less common to come by, the ability to shoot and not attract zombies or players is just a huge advantage. If there was a silenced AK-47 I would choose that over the m4.

[/quote']

ONLY reason you could choose any soviet rifle here over a nato one is cuz they got plenty ammo , the M4 SD even in full auto has far less recoil and is thus much more accurate. Not to mention if there were a silenced ak-47 its ammo should still be very rare.

i would go with the Kobra it has tritium sight so you can aim easier even in the dark when iron sights go to hell. other than that find a M4a3 or m4a1 SD

I have played counter strike for many years now' date=' which makes the ability to control recoil in this game incredibly easy. The AK-47 has a larger round with more stopping power, and using bursts in full auto is always a sure way to put multiple rounds on target. Not only that, the AK is just way more fun to use, so if added I will switch to the AK-47 SD. No AK-74 variant of an SD, but the 7.62 AK SD would be my choice, otherwise I will stick with my current M4 SD[/b']