Sign in to follow this  
Akinos

Don't save after 1.5.4

Date/Time: 13.04 23.05.2012

What happened: After installing 1.5.4 no longer continue the game, played 2 hours and I was thrown back to the save point 1.5.2

Where you were: Electrozavodsk - Chernogorsk

What you were doing: Played

*Current installed version: 1.5.2 -> 1.5.4

*Server(s) you were on: EU11 -> RU4

Date/Time: May 23/2012 - 6-11pm PST

What happened: Game didn't save character progress/position/inventory. Was at 50ish zombies killed, 5 murders, logged back in with 23 zombie kills, 4 murders.

Where you were: Balota Airfield area

What you were doing: Playing the game

*Current installed version: 1.5.8.4

*Server(s) you were on: Ducksoup Seattle -> Re logged at Anti-Sardine Alliance Seattle

*Your system specs: i7950, MSI gtx560 twin frozr, Windows 7, 12gb ram

*Timeline of events before/after error: Got into a firefight in the bottom floor of the balota tower, tossed a grenade, saw players body disappear when he logged out, went upstairs saw another player, server restarted, logged back in, player was on roof of balota tower, Killed player on roof and about 30 zombies, took dead players stuff, spent ammo, picked up ammo, linked up with friends left airfield and logged out north east of airfield.. logged into another server, and we were all teh way back at the balota tower on the first floor

Same thing is happening to me, game isn't saving, just reverting me back to the same place in time.

Mine is the best, I spawned new, got all my gear, ran to the NW airfield, saw two guys in the barracks, they knew I was outside, and were waiting in the shower for me to enter....

I threw a frag and killed them both.

They both had 24 slot coyotes, one had an M 249 with ammo, they both had M4 CCO SD with more STANAG SD AMMO than I could ever use, plus food and tools.

It was the best moment in the game ever, I had everything I ever wanted.

Logged out came back in, on the beach...

ON THE BEACH! WITH NOTHING!

Date/Time:

9:41 (CEST) - time, when I noticed it

What happened:

Progress on server was NOT saved.

Where you were:

Chernogorsk

What you were doing:

Looting stuff in Chernogorsk & killing survivors, zombies

*Current installed version:

*Server(s) you were on:

Virginia (12 or 17, mission file is dayz_333.Chernarus - if it helps)

I recognized unsaved progress by logging off from Virginia and connecting to the DE 2 (I think, mission file is dayz_229.Chernarus)

*Your system specs:

Core 2 Duo, T8100 2.1GHz

3GB RAM

NVIDIA 8600M GT, 512MB

Win 7 64b

*Timeline of events before/after error:

After disconnect on one server (not sure, which one), I chose Virginia server (mentioned upper, 8:57 CEST), status was properly loaded from previous one, started looting stuff in Cherno, I was very lucky to have enough medical stuff, AKM with 3 mags and also enough mags in makarov, killed some survivors looting in the town center, looted food, water, compas and map and then leaved center and decided to not to try my luck and disconnected, but, after a moment, I couldn't resist and tried to connect again on some server (mentioned upper) and here I actually recognized unsaved progress, I was having same stuff like when I connected on Virginia server :( (or when I disconnected from the first one)

Mine is the best' date=' I spawned new, got all my gear, ran to the NW airfield, saw two guys in the barracks, they knew I was outside, and were waiting in the shower for me to enter....

I threw a frag and killed them both.

They both had 24 slot coyotes, one had an M 249 with ammo, they both had M4 CCO SD with more STANAG SD AMMO than I could ever use, plus food and tools.

It was the best moment in the game ever, I had everything I ever wanted.

Logged out came back in, on the beach...

ON THE BEACH! WITH NOTHING!

[/quote']

Ouch.

i experienced this too (AFTER reading this thread).

Date/Time: 24/05/2012 11:30 am (GMT+2)

What happened:

i was in a castle ruin.. stumbled and fell down the stairs, died. when i respawned, i was right next to my dead body, my inventory was intact, so was my dead bodies inventory. so i could take everything twice. i ran around a little while, found a map, binoculars, ammo, food... so i thought, lets try reconnecting to test if it really doesnt save.

after reconnect i was at the location i died earlier (alive), which my old inventory and dead body gone.

Where:

castle ruins near mogilevska

doing what:

dying / roaming / looting / bleeding :)

Currently installed version:

Same problem here.

At first I spawned at Kamenka with starting gear where I fist spawned in 1.5.8.4, but before that I left the game near Cherno where I ran from Kamenka.

Ok, then I went through Cherno, got M16A2, some car pars and some other minor stuff. Again saved in the forest near Cherno. Then entered the game and this time I spawned where I was saving but again only with starting gear and nothing that I've acquired.

Then I went from there to Stary Sobor. There I found a DMR and some more stuff. In about 10-15 minutes I left the game (or "session timed out", don't really remember) and again after entering the game I was at the spot that I left the game on but again with starting gear.

Then I found AK74 Cobra in Stary Sobor. I figured I should try to save again and again same shit happened - I spawn where I leave the game but only with starting gear...

So what should I do? I'm really tired of finding something and then starting all over again after I leave the game...

Date/Time: 24/05/2012 8:00 pm

What happened:

Recived loot at Elektro, logged off, changed server, was at the same position as when i logged out, however I had lost all my items except the spawning equipment.

Where you were:

Elektro

What you were doing:

Looting

Progress was not saved.

Date/Time:

About 11 AM (CEST) - time, when I noticed it

What happened:

Where you were:

Near Elektrozavodsk

What you were doing:

Looting stuff near Elektrozavodsk & killing survivors, zombies

*Server(s) you were on:

SE5 - SE3

I joined a server again. Saw a bandit and shot him. Hot a whole bunch of different stuff like map, knife, compass, tools, etc. + got M4A1 + MP5 and some other things. I'm in game now and I don't know if I can leave. How can I leave safely and save my stuff?

I just updated to 1.5.8.4 from the torrent download on the site

about 5 different matches ive attempted to join i get all the same message as soon as I get on.

"you have been kicked from the game"

There's a bug in the newest version.

I played the other night on 1.5.7 and I didnt have a problem.

Same problem!

Date/Time:

12pm GMT

What happened:

Where you were:

Walked from Balota to Stary Sobor

What you were doing: Running through the woods killing zombies on the way

*Server(s) you were on:

Virginia 12, SE5

Same here. Did some stuff, disconnected, and when I came back everything was at the same state as yesterday. Happened on SE1 and SE3.

the new patch has some major and terrible problems.

1. it doesn't save the game.

I've lost like 5-6 hours today and couldn't get a save even once. Lost lots of stuff because of this, like several AK's, M4/M16's, MP5SD, DMR, pistols; lots of stuff that goes in the lowest slots (maps, compasses, knives, and all this stuff); backpacks; well shortly A LOT OF ITEMS!

Also heard a lot of times from other people all over the different servers that they all respawn at some point in the game with exact same stats and items.

2. There's something wrong with the figure of my player.

When I spawned last time I saw that I have some gloves, like bandits, but that was weird since I didn't kill any survivors. There was no 3rd view so I turned my head around with "alt" and I saw that I wasn't wearing a bandit skin (the desert pattern), instead I was wearing a MARPAT (marine corps uniform).

In addition I saw no shadow of myself on the ground, there was only a shadow of my pistol, which was kind of flying... OMG!

I rejoined to a server with a 3rd view, and when I switched it I saw nothing. Like my body was invisible... WTF!?

So since 1.5.8 patch it's kind of, nay, TOTALLY UNPLAYABLE AND WASTE OF TIME!

Too bad there's no 1.5.7 servers left... :(

The server doesn't actually matter, I played like on 5+ different servers today....

In addition to aforementioned, the blood loss doesn't seem to kill now. I have been eaten by zombies, broke my legs, they ate my to -4k blood, but I still could move so I shot them, made a morphine shot and got on my legs as nothing happened (WITH -4k BLOOD!!!)

My guess is that servers which haven't downloaded HIVE 0.9.1 can't save character data. Just played on EpicNL1 for while and saving worked.