Reliqua

Strip cars for parts

I believe you should be able to take parts off of other cars. I've recently came into troubles finding parts for some of the cars, and I've though, HM. It'd be cool if I could take a wheel off of this car, since we never use it, for this UAZ! So basically I'm saying, you should be able to strip cars for their parts, at a maybe 75% chance of getting the parts.

• Like 9

Thats a pretty good idea. Beans For You!

I agree with this suggestion. Not ALL cars, mind, but some of the more intact looking ones should have some scrap or maybe a tire to remove.

• Like 1

Found this with the search. I don't know how many good parts you should be able to get off all the wrecked car but surely there could be a few. I mostly want to be able to strip working cars for parts

Myself and my group have spoken about this before.

Would be a brilliant addition to the game. Make it take a while to strip the parts, so your guys need to keep cover over you to fend off the zombies and players alike.

Would add another element of teamwork to the game.

• Like 1

Along with this I'd like the ability to repair the wrecks some how, just saying. If you can get parts off of them, surely you could gather enough to put it back together?

Edited by CarloNord

I mainly meant take parts off of cars that actually worked, but some of the wrecks should have some sort of parts to be taken from them.

• Like 1

I totally second that! This, and generally more spawns of repairable vehicles in the game at logical places (such as gas stations, etc.). I've played the game for a week now, but the only vehicle i've encountered so far, was a damaged motorbike and a damaged bus.

Would be more logical when there are more vehicles. In turn it could be made a little bit more harder to repair them.

There should be a fairly high rate of failure in scavenging the parts and a modifier if you have a toolbox.

No Toolbox 90% failure rate

(you tried to remove the ______, but it's too damaged to be used.)

With Toolbox 70% failure rate

(you sucessfull removed ______ from the _______.)

I thought of this after playing the game for the first time within a matter of minutes. It only makes sense. Things like engine parts, wheels, should be around other vehicles. Also perhaps there should be ammunition, weapons, bandages around the burned out Humvies? They are military vehicles after all.

I think this may work by making certain cars an industrial spawn 'location', with a large chance to spawn nothing, say:

55% nothing

25% Scrap Metal

5% right front wheel

5% left front wheel

5% right back wheel

5% left back wheel

4% fuel tank

3% engine parts

2% carbattery (*new car part)

1% glass window

That looks about right...